IGNORED

The non-official Fleetwood v City in the FA Cup replay match day thread

Septic Peg

Afternoon all.

Following on from the previous non official match day thread, I'll give it a bash again today.

Fleetwood is 'oop North'. Like I said previously, they play at Highbury. This was previously Arsenal's when Emirates airline said, we'll fund you a new stadium. Box up the old one and give it to charity. Fleetwood were the lucky recipients.

I've since discovered that Fleetwood is near Blackpool. That's like Weston with more lights and a bigger wheel, oh and less mud. 

Apparently Vardy got a break at Fleetwood. Someone chatted shit and got banged. Hence why he was shipped out pretty quickly.

Fleetwood the town was involved in the 'Cod Wars' against Iceland. This involved life sized mutant Cod, fighting Peter Andre, Stacy Solomon and Jason Donovan with lightsabers. Kerry Katona was involved too but spent too long eating a prawn ring before a Cod took her out.

On to tonight. We will probably lose. Tomlin will be in goal because LJ wants to try another formation. The German lad will finally make the midfield, while John Cleese sits behind LJ muttering 'don't mention the war.'

I predict a 2-1 loss in ET. Bloody Tomlin.

LJ to be outside Jobcentre Plus down town by 10am tomorrow.

All welcome in the chat as always from KO time for the usual commentary/bollocks/moaning.

Just now, Neo said:

These unoffical threads eclipse the official ones massively.  Much more informative and easy to follow.

A bit like Tony Robinson meets "Viz" :clap:

If there are no objections from @BigTone or @havanatopia or anyone else, I will happily continue to create 'non official match day threads' strictly for cup matches and/or friendlies. The league ones are explicitly belonging to Hav and I bow to his superiority. :worship2:

9 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

If there are no objections from @BigTone or @havanatopia or anyone else, I will happily continue to create 'non official match day threads' strictly for cup matches and/or friendlies. The league ones are explicitly belonging to Hav and I bow to his superiority. :worship2:

Shame.  I don't bother with the official one until it gets to about 2 pages long and skip to that as the focus by then is football and banter as opposed to tedious geography/history lessons.

But each to their own I guess.

6 minutes ago, Neo said:

Shame.  I don't bother with the official one until it gets to about 2 pages long and skip to that as the focus by then is football and banter as opposed to tedious geography/history lessons.

But each to their own I guess.

Suppose I can always post in the official match day thread of Hav's with my own 'unique' take on the match opponents. Rather like @BigTone does with his condensed version. I doubt Hav would mind...

36 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Afternoon all.

Following on from the previous non official match day thread, I'll give it a bash again today.

Fleetwood is 'oop North'. Like I said previously, they play at Highbury. This was previously Arsenal's when Emirates airline said, we'll fund you a new stadium. Box up the old one and give it to charity. Fleetwood were the lucky recipients.

I've since discovered that Fleetwood is near Blackpool. That's like Weston with more lights and a bigger wheel, oh and less mud. 

Apparently Vardy got a break at Fleetwood. Someone chatted shit and got banged. Hence why he was shipped out pretty quickly.

Fleetwood the town was involved in the 'Cod Wars' against Iceland. This involved life sized mutant Cod, fighting Peter Andre, Stacy Solomon and Jason Donovan with lightsabers. Kerry Katona was involved too but spent too long eating a prawn ring before a Cod took her out.

On to tonight. We will probably lose. Tomlin will be in goal because LJ wants to try another formation. The German lad will finally make the midfield, while John Cleese sits behind LJ muttering 'don't mention the war.'

I predict a 2-1 loss in ET. Bloody Tomlin.

LJ to be outside Jobcentre Plus down town by 10am tomorrow.

All welcome in the chat as always from KO time for the usual commentary/bollocks/moaning.

I must have led a very sheltered life, had to google prawn ring.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

No objection here. I know when I'm not loved.

I'd like to contribute this totally un-researched and completely useless away day guide for fans who will be attending tonights match.

Getting there:

By road: Leave Bristol and head North. Stop at a pub every 20 miles and ask what ciders they serve? when the answer from two or more pubs consecutively is "well we have Strongbow on tap and there's a selection of bottled fruit ciders in the fridge" look for signs to Fleetwood and follow them.

By train: Catch a train (at least one an hour) from Bristol Temple Meads to Parson Street station. Exit the station and walk towards Ashton Gate along Winterstoke Road. On arrival at Ashton Gate board your coach for a short transfer to your final destination.

Parking: Parking around Fleetwood's ground consists of finding a space big enough to place your vehicle at the side of the road. Remember to lock your doors and take note of your location for the return walk post match.

Eating and Drinking: For those who wish to drink, find a pub somewhere and buy a drink. For those who wish a pre-match meal you can find outlets sellling fish and chips. For those looking for something a little more up market I would imagine there's a Subway or McDonalds available on route.

The Ground: Fleetwood play in a football ground which has 4 sides, some stands and places to stand or sit. There may or may not be a roof over your head. Away fans are accomodated in a stand for away fans and there should be a sign somewhere that says 'away end' or 'away supporters'. You'll know it when you see it. Try not to get too confused. Fleetwood also play in red and white so if you are following a group of fans in red and white you could be following the wrong team. Also keep in mind that chants of 'come on you reds' may have the opposite effect than normal.

If you want to eat or drink within the ground I'm sure there's a range of overpriced beverages and snacks on offer. I'm not sure what as I've never been there.

For a half time read you've got the matchday programme, a newspaper or most likely the graffiti on the bog walls in the away end.

For those going to the game, I hope you enjoy your evening out and COYR.

28 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I'd like to contribute this totally un-researched and completely useless away day guide for fans who will be attending tonights match.

Getting there:

By road: Leave Bristol and head North. Stop at a pub every 20 miles and ask what ciders they serve? when the answer from two or more pubs consecutively is "well we have Strongbow on tap and there's a selection of bottled fruit ciders in the fridge" look for signs to Fleetwood and follow them.

By train: Catch a train (at least one an hour) from Bristol Temple Meads to Parson Street station. Exit the station and walk towards Ashton Gate along Winterstoke Road. On arrival at Ashton Gate board your coach for a short transfer to your final destination.

Parking: Parking around Fleetwood's ground consists of finding a space big enough to place your vehicle at the side of the road. Remember to lock your doors and take note of your location for the return walk post match.

Eating and Drinking: For those who wish to drink, find a pub somewhere and buy a drink. For those who wish a pre-match meal you can find outlets sellling fish and chips. For those looking for something a little more up market I would imagine there's a Subway or McDonalds available on route.

The Ground: Fleetwood play in a football ground which has 4 sides, some stands and places to stand or sit. There may or may not be a roof over your head. Away fans are accomodated in a stand for away fans and there should be a sign somewhere that says 'away end' or 'away supporters'. You'll know it when you see it. Try not to get too confused. Fleetwood also play in red and white so if you are following a group of fans in red and white you could be following the wrong team. Also keep in mind that chants of 'come on you reds' may have the opposite effect than normal.

If you want to eat or drink within the ground I'm sure there's a range of overpriced beverages and snacks on offer. I'm not sure what as I've never been there.

For a half time read you've got the matchday programme, a newspaper or most likely the graffiti on the bog walls in the away end.

For those going to the game, I hope you enjoy your evening out and COYR.

I'm offering you a job. You can give the unofficial away match day stadium guide including quality of pies, parking and ofsted reports of neighbouring schools.

No wages I'm afraid. Only the knowledge of being an unofficial away stadium guider.

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

That was excellent

Archived