IGNORED

Wetherspoons

phantom

Just now, Spoons said:

You get what u pay for in a spoons but one thing I will say is I pay £2.65 for my thatchers gold in glassmaker spoons in nailsea, although cheap it is also the best pint of gold around . And unfortunatly I'm a bit of a thatchers gold expert !! 

Pardon my ignorance but is that the old Glasshouse ?

29 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Yes, right opposite work for me and makes my poor postmans pay go a long way!!

I used to go there as a teenager when it first opened dressed to the nines with my mate Greener and get on the lash drinking Rum & Black

I remember going to spoons in Cardiff before the smoking ban, they separated non smoking and smoking yet non smoking was upstairs, that was annoying too being a non smoker

22 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Why in most of them are toilets upstairs?  That's just annoying.

11 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Had food in a spoons in Wellington the other week. Lovely place.

Strangely in Weymouth their are 2 Wetherspoons, one of which looks ok but is a shithole and one which looks like a shithole but is ok.

The Spoons in Yate is buzzing from 8:00 every morning (due to it's prime location). BetFred next door and the Post Office but a drunken lurch away. Sandwiched in between is a Tanning salon should the clientele wish to turn the greyish-yellow hue of their skin into a glowing beach bronze. There's also a charity shop (which will provide fresh jeans/trousers for cider related fart gambles gone awry) and a Vape Shack. I've been to Holiday camps with less facilities, frankly.

(Haven, Holywell Bay to be precise) 

while i'm not happy with it its got to be taken with a bit of contex, has there been a history of football related trouble at that spoons at all?

you see it time and again "fans" bragging about smashing up a pub so there could be a reason that spoons has taken a stance,

Lets not pretend all fans are whiter then white, on the other hand lets be thankful we have plenty of welcoming pubs round ashton gate that let in home and away supporters

Archived