IGNORED

Wetherspoons

phantom

45 minutes ago, Oops said:

The Spoons in Yate is buzzing from 8:00 every morning (due to it's prime location). BetFred next door and the Post Office but a drunken lurch away. Sandwiched in between is a Tanning salon should the clientele wish to turn the greyish-yellow hue of their skin into a glowing beach bronze. There's also a charity shop (which will provide fresh jeans/trousers for cider related fart gambles gone awry) and a Vape Shack. I've been to Holiday camps with less facilities, frankly.

(Haven, Holywell Bay to be precise) 

A shangri-la for assorted alkies, scrubbers and ratboys!

And that's just Haven!

On 1/18/2017 at 02:09, CrazyInWeston said:

Ive been barred from the dragon inn whetherspoons in WsM in the past because the manager claims i tried to punch him which clearly wasnt true.

I had just finished a really long day at work heavy lifting in heatwave conditions, had already agreed to meet a friend there, so i went and halfway through my 2nd pint i was feeling a bit sleepy, was saying im so knackered to my mate gonna be heading off home very sorry cutting it short etc. I half nodded off for a second, woke up and composed a bit, suddenly the manager approaches me taking my drink and asking me to leave. I was fine with that, i was heading off anyway and i could also see the "other view" of how it looked like as if one has had 8 pints or something.

Anyway i went back the following week meeting my same mate, and i was refused service and barred for 12months with the manager claiming i tried to punch him. Needless to say that was 4yrs ago and ive never been in there since.

you arent missing much mate, the place is a shithole 

15 hours ago, BigTone said:

Indeed it is.

The first line in my signature gives away where I grew up if you know Nailsea well.

Tone,  I thought I knew Nailsea really well having lived there from1977-94. So I thought I'd check your first line in the signature.....but couldn't find it!

So, please either help out someone who clearly isn't tekkie enough of reprint the signature line! 

Ta!

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

These (Ladies) loos are downstairs, not too shabby for Wetherspoons, I was impressed anyway! But to be fair a bit out of the way for footie fans as its in central London, The Knights Templar. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Do you always take photographs of crap-houses?

Something very worrying about that.

23 minutes ago, RedM said:

These (Ladies) loos are downstairs, not too shabby for Wetherspoons, I was impressed anyway! But to be fair a bit out of the way for footie fans as its in central London, The Knights Templar. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I once had to rescue my secretary from those loos. That was a Christmas party gone wrong...or right ;)

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Do you always take photographs of crap-houses?

Something very worrying about that.

Not as a rule no, as you can see there was no one else about. But I do tend to take a load of photos in general! Worry away!

1 hour ago, RedM said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I was about to post that the Knights Templar is one of just two upmarket Wetherspoons. 

The other one is the one in Greenwich.  Its interior design is done by students from the nearby arts college. 

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

I was about to post that the Knights Templar is one of just two upmarket Wetherspoons. 

The other one is the one in Greenwich.  Its interior design is done by students from the nearby arts college. 

I'll check that one out next time I'm in London. I do like how Wetherspoons are all so different in their use of their buildings.

Just now, RedM said:

I'll check that one out next time I'm in London. I do like how Wetherspoons are all so different in their use of their buildings.

The newer ones are.

The old ones still have that feeling of being in a warehouse carpeted by a lunatic! 

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

Tone,  I thought I knew Nailsea really well having lived there from1977-94. So I thought I'd check your first line in the signature.....but couldn't find it!

So, please either help out someone who clearly isn't tekkie enough of reprint the signature line! 

Ta!

RIP Stirs ........ Tim was a well known local character

22 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Actually the gents is fairly similar. 

It's an OK boozer for central London, but it's directly behind Grays Inn so much of the clientele is smug, overpaid lawyers.

Oh right. I am just going by Gloucester "standards"!

Don't they have the customary cohort of drunken wastrels, cackling in a corner?

1 hour ago, RedM said:

If you like the quirkiness of some of 'Spoons then try and find a "Sam Smiths" pub when you're next up here in the Smoke.  There's loads in Soho and the City.  I think there is one in Bristol? They're mostly a northern chain and similar to 'Spoons they find quirky, older pubs and then sell pretty cheap - own brand - booze.  Good ones are the Princess Louise in Holborn, Citie of Yorke, and the Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese on Fleet Street (both the Yorke and the Cheese are near the Knights Templar so you could check them all in the same debauched bar crawl).

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

If you like the quirkiness of some of 'Spoons then try and find a "Sam Smiths" pub when you're next up here in the Smoke.  There's loads in Soho and the City.  I think there is one in Bristol? They're mostly a northern chain and similar to 'Spoons they find quirky, older pubs and then sell pretty cheap - own brand - booze.  Good ones are the Princess Louise in Holborn, Citie of Yorke, and the Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese on Fleet Street (both the Yorke and the Cheese are near the Knights Templar so you could check them all in the same debauched bar crawl).

The Old Crown in Gloucester is an old style Sam Smiths boozer, although it always seems pretty quiet when I have been in there, despite being in the city centre.

The Circus Bar in Cheltenham is a nice place, and seems to only stock Sam Smiths stuff (quite a range). Cheltenham prices though!

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Pretty sure the King Billy on King Street is a Sam Smith pub.

Some Spoons are very nice,especially the newer ones . Although I've not stayed in one that's a B&B I've heard that they're on a par with a Premier Inn. Food quality can vary wildly between them as well...very hit and miss. My least favourite of the ones I've visited in Bristol has to be The Berkeley....hideous place! 

Archived