IGNORED

A win a win we got an effing win

The dastardly red

I was about to post a similar thread but got beaten to it.

Yep, a win is a win and breaks the current run of defeats even tho tonight was a cup replay. Add to that a crucial clean sheet against a high flying Div 1 outfit.

The manager and the players will be delighted on their way back tonight.

At last a win & playing Hegeler & GO'N in midfield with a back 3. Bring in Tammy & Tomlin, plus Brownhill on the right you might just have our best "team".

Considering this set up appeared on here a number of times in the past week, maybe LJ does read this forum after all!

He even played Engvall!!!!

3 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

City's quality of players should be able to beat them anyway, with or without a manager. Meaningless result. But positive formation, just need to min for paterson at forest, and tammy.

Tomlin in for Patterson? The guy who has moped about and flattered to deceive in for a bloke with a point to prove to us, to his old club, in front of his old fans, after he just scored in one of his few starts; the goal which ended our terrible run in all competitions ? 

You're not an academic are you? 

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I was about to post a similar thread but got beaten to it.

Yep, a win is a win and breaks the current run of defeats even tho tonight was a cup replay. Add to that a crucial clean sheet against a high flying Div 1 outfit.

The manager and the players will be delighted on their back tonight.

Some celebrating then!

I'm chuffed at the win, hopefully they can carry this into the game v Forest.  Unfortunately there will obviously be yet another different starting XI as I can't see Tammy or Tomlin being on the bench for that game.  However, hopefully enough start to take the confidence.  Iron out the mistakes, show some tenacity for the entire match and who knows.

If we beat Forest then I'll be much more confident of a real, meaningful turnaround.

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm chuffed at the win, hopefully they can carry this into the game v Forest.  Unfortunately there will obviously be yet another different starting XI as I can't see Tammy or Tomlin being on the bench for that game.  However, hopefully enough start to take the confidence.  Iron out the mistakes, show some tenacity for the entire match and who knows.

If we beat Forest then I'll be much more confident of a real, meaningful turnaround.

Not sure he will start Tomlin on saturday. 

2 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

City's quality of players should be able to beat them anyway, with or without a manager. Meaningless result. But positive formation, just need to min for paterson at forest, and tammy.

Hardly, it's not exactly an easy tie. Fleetwood are on good form and any away tie against lower league opposition is a test.

Doesn't dispel all valid concerns about our management and form, but it's a start.

Can't get carried away at all but solid win tonight.

For people pooh poohing it, Sutton beat WImbledon tonight, Lincoln beat Ipswich and I think Blackpool beat Barnsley- can't knock this, albeit it is an expected outcome but the Cup is the Cup. A welcome result and then hopefully it will be a platform- Magnusson back, so Hegeler into midfield and Engvall an assist as well.

Archived