IGNORED

For all the moaning and groaning...

AppyDAZE

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Anybody remember the old days when we never used to sign anyone? Call me a happy clapper, but I still feel these are exciting times at The Gate

I'd prefer them to be less 'exciting' to be honest, I can only see expensive new signings with a possibility of the drop at the mo.

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Anybody remember the old days when we never used to sign anyone? Call me a happy clapper, but I still feel these are exciting times at The Gate

Precisley what I have been thinking for weeks. I'm so bored of the no it alls slagging LJ off at every oppertunity.  Now he has made a few signings we should wipe the slate clean and start again.

Its not even a week since Cardiff and less than two weeks since Reading. I can hardly put in to words how gutted and disillusioned I felt. However, I have to say that the 4 new additions really look promising. I know its all a bit early to judge the 3 we have seen already but, yes I do share with you a degree of optimism. I should know better, but I do!

Just now, Collis1 said:

Thats the attitude!:facepalm:

Been there before, pleased with the signings though.  Concerning though that our top goal scorer and the new keeper won't be here next season though.

Fingers crossed and we go again Saturday.  See I'm loving it at the moment, I'm Mr Positivity incarnate.

14 minutes ago, Fiale said:

The club is certainly going all out with signings this season, a lot of money spent, and I imagine a lot of expectations - with this backing, and the quality of the squad... well things can only get better,

Will mean diddly squat if we go down, most of the squad will be pushing for moves.

MA must be:

A: brilliant (my choice, see I'm positive)

B: been given a massive wage budget

C: has access to some very good LSD to slip in the players water bottles whilst they do their fitness tests and before they sit down to negotiate

17 hours ago, Collis1 said:

Precisley what I have been thinking for weeks. I'm so bored of the no it alls slagging LJ off at every oppertunity.  Now he has made a few signings we should wipe the slate clean and start again.

Not sure we can wipe the slate clean until we start winning some league games and pull away from the relegation zone.

The signings make me hopeful but I won't be confident until there is a consistent change on the pitch. And nobody can suggest that SL & MA haven't given LJ something to work with. The squad has been transformed since Cotterill's complaints about the infamous Summer 2015 window.

So far the signings so far have been pretty good. The scouting team led by Des Taylor have been doing a decent job and MA is obviously a slick negotiator and SL has approved the funds.

So far so good.

However, to some fans, one question remains - I'd LJ the right man to manage the squad?   :dunno:

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I must say Robbo he is testing my patience to it's limit at the moment

He got a boost on Tuesday night and by playing GoN and Hegeler together. They complimented each other well.

Hopefully he'll do the same at Forest tomorrow.

18 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Let's judge by results, which I don't know if you are aware have not been very good of late, in fact defeat tomorrow would create a new all time league game losing streak.

58 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He got a boost on Tuesday night and by playing GoN and Hegeler together. They complimented each other well.

Hopefully he'll do the same at Forest tomorrow.

See this is where my problem lies because he seems incapable of fielding a settled team. Ok I know Hegeler has only just signed but even so I am not filled with one iota of confidence that tomorrows team will resemble anything else played this season. It always seems different for every game and in my mind here in lies our problem.

19 hours ago, Collis1 said:

I can't disagree with that statement more.

We've signed an inordinate amount of players since Johnson has came in we could almost make a team using nothing but new signings.

O'Donnell (signed before LJ on loan, confirmed during season), Moore, Hegeler,  Magnusson, Paterson, Brownhill, O'Neill,  O'Dowda, Engvall, Djuric, Di Girolamo.

Not discounting the likes of Giefer, Abraham, Tomlin, and I may be forgetting one or two others, don't quote me there.

Despite all this strengthening, the tactics, style of play - lack thereof, substitutions, and man management, have ranged from awful (lack of closing down crosses) to just plain questionable. Note this is all based on this season as this is LJ's FIRST FULL SEASON IN CHARGE, it's hard to differentiate last season how much of it was due to the moral of a new manager, nor the work of Pemberton after Cotts was sacked.

For all people had a go at Cotts for his lack of apparent adaptability, for all that LJs team selections chop and change, the same lack of pressing persists despite the fact most of our goals conceded stem from said lack of pressing, especially when the opposition use the width that we don't.

I'll probably regret saying this but I think we could give Forest a right pasting tomorrow. The new signings look better quality than most of the summer batch and have already made a difference, this will be even better as they play more games and we also have a new keeper who looks the business. We've not been getting thrashed even before these additions, they should tip the balance back in our favour (if we also get a new right back then even better).

1 hour ago, WestfieldRed said:

I did chuckle when I read a recent LJ quote about having too many players to fit into the match day squad and it being hard to keep everyone happy.

We've gone from a lack of depth to having too many players... :facepalm:

You have taken that out of context. LJ explained in his interview that it was a direct result of not being able to loan anyone outside of the transfer window. 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

So far the signings so far have been pretty good. The scouting team led by Des Taylor have been doing a decent job and MA is obviously a slick negotiator and SL has approved the funds.

So far so good.

However, to some fans, one question remains - I'd LJ the right man to manage the squad?   :dunno:

couldn't agree more, don't want to hear any more excuses from LJ now - if he can't get us back up to mid-table with this squad he really does need firing!

Archived