IGNORED

If you had a DeLorean...

awbb

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I remember talking to our CM Carl Hutchings in Po Na Na's one night...he said he was out of his depth

Of course he might have been a touch less out of his depth if he spent less time in Po Na Na's and every other late night club in Bristol.

8 hours ago, hodge said:

Get Johnson to bring Maynard in during January in our play off season. May have cost a bit more but by adding him 6 months earlier could it have been what we needed to put us over the line for promotion....

I'd phone up and cancel Maynard's skiing holiday. He was never the same since the injury.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

You seem to think we are a far bigger draw than we actually are.

Even then, the point was improvement.

Warnock is a great short term manager.

Personally I'd prefer the club had a longer term plan than "**** it, shit or bust"

Every time we try to establish a long term plan, we eventually have a poor spell and supporters lose patience, followed by SL, and we start over again. 

6 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

This.

Also if I had a time travelling Delorean, chances are I'd have an invisibility cloak so I'd run on the pitch and stick my leg out to old windy ass...

if you had shoved your big toe up his arse he may have exploded.

1 hour ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Disagree, it took him a year to get going with us

10/11 in his first season? Hardly a terrible return, but my point was more about the type of striker he was. We had what adebola, trundle, brooker and byfield who was our top scorer on 8 goals. If Maynard could have come in and scored 6/7 who knows the effect it could have had. 

Just now, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

We should have splashed out on a quality striker in Jan 2008. Instead we got Dele Adebola.

Who was unbelievable for us in the last few months of the season. One of the most underrated strikers we've had. 

I'd go back and not appoint McInnes. And sell Marvin Elliott for the £4m Wolves were rumoured to have bid for him. He was never the same player after 2009. We could've done so much with that money back then. 

Got rid of GJ after play off campaign. It all went downhill from there up until SC was appointed Manager. GJ was literally out of his depth in trying to push us on to the next level - we really should have become ruthless.

Dire football, dire signings from that playoff final until the appointment of Cotterill.

5 years of absolute rubbish - Steve Coppell, David James, Nicky Hunt, embarassing home defeats followed by poor managerial appointments in Millen, McInnes and the non table looking SOD taking us to the bottom of L1.

We owe Steve Cotterill a lot, I know it will annoy some because of last season but we do.

9 hours ago, hodge said:

Get Johnson to bring Maynard in during January in our play off season. May have cost a bit more but by adding him 6 months earlier could it have been what we needed to put us over the line for promotion....

In his first full season with us Maynard scored 11, so the likelihood is that in a season earlier on in his development he would have scored less.

The much maligned Dele Adebola scored at a better ratio than that over the course of the play off season, so I'd argue if we had signed him in the summer we might well have gone up..

(Just to prove my point someone has slagged him off on this thread whilst I'm writing this).

Hard to argue with the Cheesley post though..

Some great shouts in here.

Much less provable,  but one thing I've always wondered is what would have happened if we had given Millen the role straight from caretaker and not appointed Coppell. Probably wouldn't have hamstrung us with those four signings (James, Hunt, Stewart, and midfielder whose name escapes me). Millen would have gone into that close season with momentum and a sense of what he wanted to achieve.

2 hours ago, Aizoon said:

I think that's why Einstein created Relativity Theory.

I thought it was Gary Johnson who created the theory of relativity.

That's the theory that enables you to employ the whole family.

Forget transfers.

Go back and convince the people that mattered to just create 1 league club I  Bristol.

I honestly believe the success and support would have been immense.

Also develop a full international airport at Patchway. 

Archived