IGNORED

Absolutely abysmal

Olé

22 minutes ago, samo II said:

For context - after this many games last season we were only three points worse off, and had just beaten league leaders Middlesborough in the first post-Cotts game.

We then got 10 points out of the next 15 available, losing narrowly at Leeds, before drawing at home to Brum, and beating Charlton, Ipswich and MK Dons.

After those matches we won five more games, drew three, and lost six to end the season safe.

Does anyone here honestly think we can win eight or nine more games before the summer?

We're in serious trouble.

table.jpg

Nope I said earlier I think if we get 48 points we have done well 

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

I've supported him until now. 

Its just untenable. Even if we were to start picking up the odd points now (and we must, surely, I mean we can't lose 10, 11, 12 in a row can we!?) he has completely destroyed his support base among fans. Unless we were to go on a similar winning streak then there's always going to be the majority of fan base that probably rightly think he's shit, the next awful run is just around the corner, and that he should be sacked. And that in turn makes us less likely to be successful.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've personally been daydreaming of 1 or 2 years in the future of us celebrating our premier league promotion with LJ and all the headlines of how it could all have been so different if city hadn't held their nerve on that awful, awful run etc etc.

Well, I think it was just a daydream unfortunately. Real shame as it's clear to see how desperate LJ, SL and large (but by no means all) sections of the support were for this to succeed. 

Where now, is the question. And what next in the tragic story of Bristol City FC. We all love it really. :yawn:

I think your daydream is probably inspired by Alex Ferguson's story at Man United - a story that's previously been cited by others on here.

Let's get one thing very, very clear: Lee Johnson ain't the new Alex Ferguson.

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think your daydream is probably inspired by Alex Ferguson's story at Man United - a story that's previously been cited by others on here.

Let's get one thing very, very clear: Lee Johnson ain't the new Alex Ferguson.

Perhaps. But also Gary Johnson went on an awful run when he took over here. I thought it was 10 losses in a row but can't be right, obviously. What was it? 10 without a win?

What has happened to that team that beat Villa 3-1 earlier in the season?

what has changed, what are we doing differently, what is going on with the coaching and training each week?

can it really be one persons fault?

there must be other factors whether mitigating or not

15 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Players are good enough. Not performing and a lack of tactical plan. A manager with any track record at this level would not be in this position with this squad. Have backed LJ until today. No more. :sad26:

As much as I want LJ to go, players not performing is also a massive shortcoming of the players themselves. Not pushing themselves - a criticism levelled at them today - is inexcusable. Drop them

I really wanted LJ to succeed.

I still want LJ to succeed.

However, I don't think he deserves the opportunity to anymore.

The post above by Samo showed that to some extent he had a new manager 'bounce' (oh, the irony of that term), but we lost poorly in games towards the end of the season.  Yeah, we had some nice wins too, against Bolton, Wednesday and Huddersfield.  

Ole has been spot on in that our early season form, we won games without playing well, which can be a good sign, unfortunately it caught up with us.

LJ's preferred formation is 442....he went to a 4231 because he needed 3 windows (slight tongue in cheek)...fair enough.  Then he rips it up going to a 5212 for which he doesn't have the players, causing an over-recruitment necessity.

He's been backed massively.  Forgot the recoup of Kodjia money, that just sways the argument perversely imho. Unfortunately he's getting it wrong.

The starting line-up today contained only Little, Flint and Bryan of the Cotts-era....and several players he's brought in, not selected.

He may not have lost the dressing room in terms of fights, punch-ups etc, but he's lost them in terms of their ability to go out and get results.

2 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Perhaps. But also Gary Johnson went on an awful run when he took over here. I thought it was 10 losses in a row but can't be right, obviously. What was it? 10 without a win?

9 defeats including cup games I think. 

He'd only just arrived though. 

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

what has changed, what are we doing differently, what is going on with the coaching and training each week?

Only they can answer that for fans it's just a confusing and infuriating aspect of football where we scratch our heads and go "but wait a minute!"

2 minutes ago, INCRED said:

The one that was worse than garbage in the first half? 

I think few here would disagree that our recent signings have strengthened the squad. The trouble is, in a scenario where the manager is on the verge of the sack the players are afraid of making mistakes and therefore not being creative which is why once a manager gets sacked there is a release of pressure and results often improve. I think that given LJ is SL's prodigy and that our next match is a meaningless cup game and that we're not in the bottom three yet he will give him the next two matches to turn things around. If we lose both of those games then I think it would be a 'mutual consent' situation rather than a sacking and LJ will go voluntarily. SL will be thinking that Barnsley didn't sack him after a similar set of results and that they then bounced back with 6 wins on the bounce, I can't really see that happening here but I can't see how this run of defeats can carry on much longer with the players we have in the squad.

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

As much as I want LJ to go, players not performing is also a massive shortcoming of the players themselves. Not pushing themselves - a criticism levelled at them today - is inexcusable. Drop them

Let me say it once more but in a slightly different way, name me the last manager sacked by BCFC for anything other than "a massive shortcoming of the players themselves".

What makes LJ so different in this regard?.

What I find most appalling about this run is the complete lack of any reasonable excuse.

- We have spent a lot of money.

- We have a reliable goalscorer.

- We haven't had an injury crisis.

- We have stability off the pitch and a supportive owner.

- We haven't had a notable number of suspensions.

- We have a fanbase who have remained broadly supportive of the team, in the ground at least, and consistently high attendances.

- We haven't really had any pressure in terms of league position until very recently.

- We had a positive finish to last season and start to this season which gave us momentum and confidence on which to build.

Given all of the above, the run is quite literally inexcusable and can ONLY really be down to very poor management. Therefore I can no longer give you any good reason why he should stay. The answer now seems obvious to me.

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

That was at the beginning tho wasn't it, not midway through his tenure? I'm never worried when a manager starts off badly - that's understandable when he's building a new team and implementing his own methods. LJ, on the other hand, had it (to an extent) but has now lost it.

That was at the beginning tho wasn't it, not midway through his tenure? I'm never worried when a manager starts off badly - that's understandable when he's building a new team and implementing his own methods. LJ, on the other hand, had it (to an extent) but has now lost it.

And with a squad of mainly piss artists, who Danny Wilson had allowed to get with it and Tinnion couldn't control and during this period 3 of them got nicked and did time, you cannot compare the 2 in any way shape or form.

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Let me say it once more but in a slightly different way, name me the last manager sacked by BCFC for anything other than "a massive shortcoming of the players themselves".

What makes LJ so different in this regard?.

LJ is no different, and that's why he should go. My point was that the players should also be ashamed of themselves.

LJ is no different, and that's why he should go. My point was that the players should also be ashamed of themselves.

if he does go i'm sure a couple will offer the (sad face) we let him down speech, jump into their expensive car and piss off back to Portishead, thats modern football unfortunately.

34 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Not with LJ in charge.

Agreed.

33 minutes ago, Nomad said:

No.

Agreed.

20 minutes ago, MattRSp95 said:

Nope I said earlier I think if we get 48 points we have done well 

Agreed; and as it stands, for each game we lose now, I think 50 points looks increasingly like a dream number.

Honestly; we now need a run of form to match that we had last year starting now, and I simply do not see how we can do that based on performances.

If Johnson is still manager when we head to Burnley, I fully believe nothing will shift him, and that is terrifying.

21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What I find most appalling about this run is the complete lack of any reasonable excuse.

- We have spent a lot of money.

- We have a reliable goalscorer.

- We haven't had an injury crisis.

- We have stability off the pitch and a supportive owner.

- We haven't had a notable number of suspensions.

- We have a fanbase who have remained broadly supportive of the team, in the ground at least, and consistently high attendances.

- We haven't really had any pressure in terms of league position until very recently.

- We had a positive finish to last season and start to this season which gave us momentum and confidence on which to build.

Given all of the above, the run is quite literally inexcusable and can ONLY really be down to very poor management. Therefore I can no longer give you any good reason why he should stay. The answer now seems obvious to me.

Sensible :shifty:

5 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Is this shite for real?

The eyes being the window to the soul and all that, he actually believes the waffle.

SL, MA put the guy out of his misery and pay him up.

Key line..."for the life of us we can't work out why." That's your problem Lee...

...right now - ideally this evening - you need to head off and reflect on why it is that you can't work out why...and while you take your time doing that the club needs to appoint a manager with experience at this level who knows what he's looking at and how to improve it.

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Anyone who thinks we have a serious manager or any semblance of an attacking plan hasn't watched much City this season. Today was beyond pathetic. Anyone who sees something in this manager is a virtue signalling liar.

As you talk more sense than 99% on this forum, and have more tactical nous than LJ, any chance you could throw your name into the hat? 

9 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Is this shite for real?

The eyes being the window to the soul and all that, he actually believes the waffle.

SL, MA put the guy out of his misery and pay him up.

That is not the tone of a man who believes they will win the next game - or at least gives the impression of believing it. He is devoid of answers and devoid of confidence. I cannot see how he is any longer the right man to lead this team.

1 hour ago, BCFC in my DNA 1957 said:

ok lj out but the so called top players must take some blame for the last 8 losses as well:grr:

'Top ' players have never learned personal responsibility. They know the manager will always pay the price and they cannot be sacked for incompetence or laziness. Why would they be bothered?

Archived