IGNORED

Absolutely abysmal

Olé

1 hour ago, samo II said:

For context - after this many games last season we were only three points worse off, and had just beaten league leaders Middlesborough in the first post-Cotts game.

We then got 10 points out of the next 15 available, losing narrowly at Leeds, before drawing at home to Brum, and beating Charlton, Ipswich and MK Dons.

After those matches we won five more games, drew three, and lost six to end the season safe.

Does anyone here honestly think we can win eight or nine more games before the summer?

We're in serious trouble.

table.jpg

So true.

He is so clearly massively out of his depth despite being allowed to recruit 18 players (you should get bonus points for knowing them all, such as the £1.5m we spent on a defender who is now on loan to Bury, £1.8m for a striker who couldn't even make the bench today, a Swedish international defender who has apparently disappeared and a bloke who couldn't stop scoring for the U23s so got shipped off to help his Dad out, are 4 that you may not recall).

However for those who banged on about how his win rate was so much better than Cotterill (after £17m spent by him it ******* well should be) what about his loss ratio then?

Based on the last 13 league games that stands at 92%, pretty damn special, eh?

As anyone with half a brain knows you don't actually need to win so often to stay up (as the sides around you don't, either) but you do need not to lose occasionally. 

We are currently not doing that, so if he stays "in charge" (what a joke that is) too much longer we will definitely go down.

9 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Key line..."for the life of us we can't work out why." That's your problem Lee...

...right now - ideally this evening - you need to head off and reflect on why it is that you can't work out why...and while you take your time doing that the club needs to appoint a manager with experience at this level who knows what he's looking at and how to improve it.

It would be laughable if it were any other manager of any other club.

The fact it's not makes it now beyond my sense of humour.

Today truly was appalling, and as mad as it may seem to some it was only today that I became 100% of the opinion that he needs to be sacked. Now.

Nottingham Forest were absolute rubbish. Awful. Yet we were worse. 0-0 would probably have flattered both teams, but if anybody deserved to shade it it was most definitely them. And I repeat they were absolute rubbish. No manager, lost their best player, a board that wants to sell, a fan base protesting, just came out of a transfer embargo that has been in place for god knows how long. Still, better than us.

The freak statistic being the narrow margins in all our defeats. Well during this 8 game run I've left one game thinking the opposition were good. Huddersfield away, that's how I dream of our team playing. The rest, crap in the main. Sure Reading are clearly a good team, miles better than we are and first half at their place they took the **** out of us, but at Ashton Gate? Gifted us two goals, and barely had a shot of any real note for the vast majority of the game. Still beat us though, thanks in no small part to our utterly pointless goalkeeper.

The other 6- Brentford and Preston were OK but nothing special. Ipswich, Wolves, Cardiff and Forest on the other hand. Dire, the lot of them. Still all beat us though. Still all beat us without any genuine hard luck story our end.

In the next few weeks we play the likes of Newcastle, Villa, Derby, Leeds and Wednesday. Anybody still trying to hold on to the fact we're only losing narrowly should brace themselves for those teams. Absolute Cricket scores the lot of them.

There is no other decision. No 'we're not far away from being OK'. No 'sign a couple more players and it might turn round'. No 'give him the cup game and the two home games that follow'. No need for any long meetings this week to in order to make a 'difficult' decision.

Today with Forest being firstly a poor football team and secondly a complete shambles was his last chance saloon. We had 1 shot on target.

He has to be sacked this weekend. 

4 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Today truly was appalling, and as mad as it may seem to some it was only today that I became 100% of the opinion that he needs to be sacked. Now.

Nottingham Forest were absolute rubbish. Awful. Yet we were worse. 0-0 would probably have flattered both teams, but if anybody deserved to shade it it was most definitely them. And I repeat they were absolute rubbish. No manager, lost their best player, a board that wants to sell, a fan base protesting, just came out of a transfer embargo that has been in place for god knows how long. Still, better than us.

The freak statistic being the narrow margins in all our defeats. Well during this 8 game run I've left one game thinking the opposition were good. Huddersfield away, that's how I dream of our team playing. The rest, crap in the main. Sure Reading are clearly a good team, miles better than we are and first half at their place they took the **** out of us, but at Ashton Gate? Gifted us two goals, and barely had a shot of any real note for the vast majority of the game. Still beat us though, thanks in no small part to our utterly pointless goalkeeper.

The other 6- Brentford and Preston were OK but nothing special. Ipswich, Wolves, Cardiff and Forest on the other hand. Dire, the lot of them. Still all beat us though. Still all beat us without any genuine hard luck story our end.

In the next few weeks we play the likes of Newcastle, Villa, Derby, Leeds and Wednesday. Anybody still trying to hold on to the fact we're only losing narrowly should brace themselves for those teams. Absolute Cricket scores the lot of them.

There is no other decision. No 'we're not far away from being OK'. No 'sign a couple more players and it might turn round'. No 'give him the cup game and the two home games that follow'. No need for any long meetings this week to in order to make a 'difficult' decision.

Today with Forest being firstly a poor football team and secondly a complete shambles was his last chance saloon. We had 1 shot on target.

My thoughts exactly. In every respect. Nice one. 

6 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Absolutely spot on.

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

Today truly was appalling

Nottingham Forest were absolute rubbish. Awful. Yet we were worse. 0-0 would probably have flattered both teams, but if anybody deserved to shade it it was most definitely them. And I repeat they were absolute rubbish

You've basically summarised it far better than I did. It's utterly bizarre we still have a manager in a job. This was supposed to be a six pointer. I love your line about a 0-0 flattering both teams - of course it would, because we did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to even try and win the game. A SIX POINTER and we had no plan to try and attack. I have no doubt that even Pulis would have pulled a fight out of his backside if we were down the bottom. This was as bad as it will ever get. We played a team in disarray with no manager and they did so much more than us to try and win the game. I would like to say everyone at the club should be ashamed but it's so obvious players have mentally checked out of LJ's clusterf**k, I can really only expect shame from LJ and those that still employ him.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

You've basically summarised it far better than I did. It's utterly bizarre we still have a manager in a job. This was supposed to be a six pointer. I love your line about a 0-0 flattering both teams - of course it would, because we did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to even try and win the game. A SIX POINTER and we had no plan to try and attack. I have no doubt that even Pulis would have pulled a fight out of his backside if we were down the bottom. This was as bad as it will ever get. We played a team in disarray with no manager and they did so much more than us to try and win the game. I would like to say everyone at the club should be ashamed but it's so obvious players have mentally checked out of LJ's clusterf**k, I can really only expect shame from LJ and those that still employ him.

Neatly summarised my thoughts. Thanks mate. 

I hate people who re-quote entire messages but I'm doing this because I can't like this post twice so I will make sure it gets the visibility it deserves. Through this whole shoddy mess "we're so close in all these games" everyone has missed the point that those like you who have seen it all, have picked up on. Could not agree more with your sentiments. See it the same as you and god only knows what happens when we play half decent teams.

With that said, I honestly don't remember our 1 shot on target! 

If he had not been Gary Johnson's son he would never have been considered let alone recruited. I have very little doubt about that. 

As it is we recruited a manager who was not ready by some margin for the Championship. Yes, he thought he was but the two long losing spells he oversaw previously told a story. When the going gets tough............

I can understand him wanting the job and taking it, why wouldn't he. The blame does not lie with Lee Johnson. It lies squarely with those who offered it. The homework was not completed, due diligence went out of the window. 

Why was that? A desire to recruit an individual the club hierarchy knew? One who would not cause ripples (ala SC). LJ talks a good game, as was shown in the media all too frequently when we were on the up. However he simply is not up to managing the disappointments, and we had prior warning particularly from Barnsley and a lesser extent Oldham.

The inexperience has become all too apparent, but more worrying is the inability to halt the poor performances / losses. 

Time to cut the losses for both the Club and the manager and move on.

And for the Club to please start learning from the constant mistakes.

1 minute ago, cheshire_red said:

If he had not been Gary Johnson's son he would never have been considered let alone recruited. I have very little doubt about that. 

As it is we recruited a manager who was not ready by some margin for the Championship. Yes, he thought he was but the two long losing spells he oversaw previously told a story. When the going gets tough............

I can understand him wanting the job and taking it, why wouldn't he. The blame does not lie with Lee Johnson. It lies squarely with those who offered it. The homework was not completed, due diligence went out of the window. 

Why was that? A desire to recruit an individual the club hierarchy knew? One who would not cause ripples (ala SC). LJ talks a good game, as was shown in the media all too frequently when we were on the up. However he simply is not up to managing the disappointments, and we had prior warning particularly from Barnsley and a lesser extent Oldham.

The inexperience has become all too apparent, but more worrying is the inability to halt the poor performances / losses. 

Time to cut the losses for both the Club and the manager and move on.

And for the Club to please start learning from the constant mistakes.

It seems LJs upturn in form at Barnsley has been our ultimate downfall. 

So so true. As things are I haven't the slightest bit of optimism. A change now might give us a chance and give some reason for hope. 

The sad thing is, from that and other reports, what should have been a real opportunity to stem the tide of defeats was met with what sounds like our most pathetic, gutless, dispirited display yet. 

In this run of defeats there have been a couple where you could say luck wasn't with us, more than a couple where we at least looked dominant for some of the match, and several where I thought we deserved at least a point.

But the depressing fact seems to be, we are getting worse, The players confidence must be rock bottom.

Surely this is why nearly all the forum are calling for the axe to fall. There's no forward momentum. No light to be glimpsed at the end of the tunnel. Despite new faces, no improvement.

If we'd lost to a harshly awarded penalty then I'd still want Johnson to stand down. But to lose to arguably the weakest side we've faced this winter without a whimper, well, that's why Lansdown MUST act.

5 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Of all the teams I have seen this season Huddersfield were by far the best. I would love a manager that could get us playing that style of football.

Archived