IGNORED

LJ poll

Dynamite Red

LJ in or out poll  

723 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Last 3 matches (my predicted points return)/ actual points return:

Reading: (1) 0

Cardiff: (3) 0

Forest (3) 0

Based on current mess. Next ....

Sheff Weds (1) ?

Rotherham (3) ?

Derby (0) ?

Leeds (0) ?

Fulham (0) ?

Newcastle (0) ?

Villa (0) ?

Another 7 matches, Max 4 points?  Taking us to 31 points. Leaving us 12 matches to save our season (Average 49.4 to avoid relegation). That's 18 points needed in last 12 matches (6wins), all the while everyone around us is improving.

Not looking great is it. Time to draw the line 

I really can't see the team getting to 40 points under LJ. 

We discussed these polls the other day and I suggested that it was a reasonable gauge of the opinion of the broader fanbase. Others commented that OTIB was disproportionately negative on the basis that you're more likely to vote if you're annoyed; the implication was that, actually, most still back LJ.

Yet here we have another vote with over 400 votes and an overwhelming 90% staying he should go. Do people seriously still think there is a silent majority that thinks LJ should stay? I just can't see it myself. I accept the negative distortion effect of the forum to an extent, but certainly not enough to swing a 90% majority back the other way.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We discussed these polls the other day and I suggested that it was a reasonable gauge of the opinion of the broader fanbase. Others commented that OTIB was disproportionately negative on the basis that you're more likely to vote if you're annoyed; the implication was that, actually, most still back LJ.

Yet here we have another vote with over 400 votes and an overwhelming 90% staying he should go. Do people seriously still think there is a silent majority that thinks LJ should stay? I just can't see it myself. I accept the negative distortion effect of the forum to an extent, but certainly not enough to swing a 90% majority back the other way.

Lets put it another way. 

What proportion of the worlds football fans would suggest keeping a manager with his recent stats? 

We are doing something no other board on earth does. 

1 hour ago, deadredfred said:

Last 3 matches (my predicted points return)/ actual points return:

Reading: (1) 0

Cardiff: (3) 0

Forest (3) 0

Based on current mess. Next ....

Sheff Weds (1) ?

Rotherham (3) ?

Derby (0) ?

Leeds (0) ?

Fulham (0) ?

Newcastle (0) ?

Villa (0) ?

Another 7 matches, Max 4 points?  Taking us to 31 points. Leaving us 12 matches to save our season (Average 49.4 to avoid relegation). That's 18 points needed in last 12 matches (6wins), all the while everyone around us is improving.

Not looking great is it. Time to draw the line 

Just out of interest, if LJ goes and the new manager accumulates what you predicted and this continues.. should he get the boot to? Hypothetical but could happen

7 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Just out of interest, if LJ goes and the new manager accumulates what you predicted and this continues.. should he get the boot to? Hypothetical but could happen

Yes. Get the new guy to sign a performance-related contract. 

38 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

As we are, we're heading for oblivion. I don't see how LJ can turn this around. I think we're in real trouble. 

If a new manager came in and got 4 points in the next 7, as I've predicted, then he'd be doing no worse than I think we'll already do. It's a real tough few matches coming up.

If a new manager came in though, I'd hope for the Pembo effect we saw post Cotts. It genuinely can't get worse than it is can it?!

If a new man comes in and we get relegated, as I think you're suggesting could be a risk, then at least we tried to change it. It seems nailed on at the moment. I would hope we'd pick a manager who could save us from that though. 

That's why its imperative we act now. Every match passing where we take no points is another missed opportunity for safety. I'm worried now

What a way to run a business.

I despair of our owner and Board

As I posted elsewhere when they finally sack LJ on past evidence there is absolutely no guarantee that they will either make the right appointment or even set about an appointment in a professional manner

The problems of the club run deep indeed

Again I ask are we serious about wanting progress or are we happy with third division football - from all accounts we are already adapting our style to third division hoofball

I for one am fed up with the third division

I like LJ because he is articulate and has a passion for our club...but I'm finding it virtually impossible to think of reasons why he should be retained. Yes we have been unlucky in some games, yes some players are at fault too, but this appalling sequence of results has lasted for a quarter of a season. I wasn't at the game today and wasn't able to listen on the radio, but based on reports on this forum from fans who were in Nottingham it sounds like there is little sign of improvement. It seems like a change is needed.

Even though i had my doubts on LJ appointment, I always support every manager but i honestly feel we are doomed if we keep him, especially looking at the remaining fixtures! The players don't seem to want to play for him, they look void of ideas and confidence and don't really have any clear idea of what they're meant to be doing. IMO & experience he won't be sacked until the fans turn which will probably happen when we lose against Sheff Wed.

I really wanted you to succeed here Lee and have those Barnsley fans eat their sour grapes all the way to Wembley last season.

But, it is true what they said. You are clearly out of your depth in this league. Your soft London patter and weak excuses have become a mundane and monotonous noise.

So much so, that I have shut off completely from your pre/post match interviews. As a fan, I'm not interested in anything you, the coach, has to say anymore.

You continually chop and change personnel and formation, in the hope that something may work out eventually.

You fail to respond to opponent changes in tactics during matches effectively, making poorly judged decisions on substitutions and the timing of them.

There are players at this club that have achieved far more in their careers than you and played at a much higher level. Do you inspire them?

Please, Mr Lansdown, give a competent football manager a fair crack at saving us from this relegation battle, before the inevitable happens.

There can be no doubt that a huge majority (currently 458 out of 515 votes) want him gone and like now; trouble is really SL i.m.o.

Yes he has supported this club hugely and no doubt cares for it BUT how can he chop another of his choice managers again barely a year after chopping the last one and also giving his latest choice, an extension to his contract weeks ago?

As other posters have said it may already be too late and will the next choice (again by SL) be capable of getting us the wins we need to save our season? There will be a massive loss of face from the Lansdowns if they do sack Lee anytime soon, will they bite the bullet and do so, I hope so but doubt it in reality and they will prob go with what we have where-ever that takes us.

After all any newbie is quite likely to be in the same position this time next year, as they too will be chosen by SL.

So then; LJ will quite likely stay and we will quite likely be playing the gas next season, although I hope I`m wrong on both accounts.

8 hours ago, Offside said:

I like LJ because he is articulate and has a passion for our club...but I'm finding it virtually impossible to think of reasons why he should be retained. Yes we have been unlucky in some games, yes some players are at fault too, but this appalling sequence of results has lasted for a quarter of a season. I wasn't at the game today and wasn't able to listen on the radio, but based on reports on this forum from fans who were in Nottingham it sounds like there is little sign of improvement. It seems like a change is needed.

He was articulate 

I am amazed LJ has not resigned overnight....We have lost winnable games against truly poor opposition... Now we face playing the stronger teams. Forest was the final straw.... The players are not playing for him and it appears all half hearted..... The football is poor.... I am sorry to say but we are going down if the board and SL don't act.... i dont want to see us chopping and changing managers but this is what happens when you continually appoint novices....Please take notice...JOHNSON OUT

6 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

I am amazed LJ has not resigned overnight....We have lost winnable games against truly poor opposition... Now we face playing the stronger teams. Forest was the final straw.... The players are not playing for him and it appears all half hearted..... The football is poor.... I am sorry to say but we are going down if the board and SL don't act.... i dont want to see us chopping and changing managers but this is what happens when you continually appoint novices....Please take notice...JOHNSON OUT

If he loses the next 2 games he will come close to rendering himself unemployable. 

He may as well resign with a fragment of reputation still there. 

9 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

If he loses the next 2 games he will come close to rendering himself unemployable. 

The current record isn't exactly covering him with glory though...I fear he may feel that his only option is to soldier on in the hope that things turn and his reputation is recovered. In my opinion that shouldn't be his choice...his interests and those of the club are currently very different.

11 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

There is no fragment.

His best option is to cling on to his duties until relieved in the hope a win comes next game .

I think it's highly unlikely that if he goes today or in two weeks that  any club still thinks he is an upcoming modern game manager.

8 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

There is no fragment.

His best option is to cling on to his duties until relieved in the hope a win comes next game .

I think it's highly unlikely that if he goes today or in two weeks that  any club still thinks he is an upcoming modern game manager.

Ohhhh

He is :chant6ez:

He was in a 4-4-2 Article of 100 top young managers , don't you know

And he was wanted as the head of Manchester City's Academy , oh yeah

People seem to forget these things

13 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

The current record isn't exactly covering him with glory though...I fear he may feel that his only option is to soldier on in the hope that things turn and his reputation is recovered. In my opinion that shouldn't be his choice...his interests and those of the club are currently very different.

The decision should not be his to make!

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Who the hell would want to employ him, even if he left now?

I think he will have to keep his head down for a couple of years, until the hue and cry has died down!

30 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Who the hell would want to employ him, even if he left now?

I think he would have to keep his head down for a couple of years, until the hue and cry has died down!

Shouldn't be too difficult

;)

sorry sorry sorry those of a sensitive nature - couldn't resist 

Archived