IGNORED

LJ poll

Dynamite Red

LJ in or out poll  

723 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Shouldn't be too difficult

;)

sorry sorry sorry those of a sensitive nature - couldn't resist 

As a short person, I'm incredibly upset by your statement and ask you retract it immediately. 

It's not my fault that my genetics mean that I have to climb shelves in Sainsburys to get a bottle of lemonade. 

Disgusted. :sad26:

I'm not really. Short arse and proud. :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

As a short person, I'm incredibly upset by your statement and ask you retract it immediately. 

It's not my fault that my genetics mean that I have to climb shelves in Sainsburys to get a bottle of lemonade. 

Or 'You can't have quantity and quality'

:thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

That is disgusting!

Lemonade??!!! What's the matter with you?

All that has changed is an awful lot of people have spun a line that people who have lost patience with LJ are part time fans or glory hunters or nasty, and at the second time of asking, when given the chance to match the virtue signalling of these heros, many have simply tried to follow course by saying nothing more than they would take account of new form.

@Emperor Palpatine who always posts intelligent interesting views, said something along the lines he would love LJ to turn it around and silence his critics.

This confused me. What changes if he turns it round? Does it suddenly make the last 3-6 months fake? Why do we have to pretend everything has been rosy? I have not called for a manager to be sacked since Pulis but am doing so now on the basis of the evidence in front of me. If the evidence changes I won't be embarrassed or ashamed, it will be amazing data that I have not yet had access to before. But I'm not holding my breath.

I've said much more about the football than I have the results. For me this was never about results. If the form was all we needed to crown Lee Johnson he could comfortably be City manager three times a year. So yes, amid the barrage of digs at people who have assessed LJs tactics and management and concluded he is not up to it, people have voted most for the idea they would be happy to see LJ turn it around, wow.

It would take a moron not to want to see us get a positive result. We all want to see LJ turn it round, unfortunately the original stat says a lot more about the fact people have realised it is very unlikely to happen. If it does, fantastic.

5 minutes ago, Olé said:

All that has changed is an awful lot of people have spun a line that people who have lost patience with LJ are part time fans or glory hunters or nasty, and at the second time of asking, when given the chance to match the virtue signalling of these heros, many have simply tried to follow course by saying nothing more than they would take account of new form.

@Emperor Palpatine who always posts intelligent interesting views, said something along the lines he would love LJ to turn it around and silence his critics.

This confused me. What changes if he turns it round? Does it suddenly make the last 3-6 months fake? Why do we have to pretend everything has been rosy? I have not called for a manager to be sacked since Pulis but am doing so now on the basis of the evidence in front of me. If the evidence changes I won't be embarrassed or ashamed, it will be amazing data that I have not yet had access to before. But I'm not holding my breath.

I've said much more about the football than I have the results. For me this was never about results. If the form was all we needed to crown Lee Johnson he could comfortably be City manager three times a year. So yes, amid the barrage of digs at people who have assessed LJs tactics and management and concluded he is not up to it, people have voted most for the idea they would be happy to see LJ turn it around, wow.

It would take a moron not to want to see us get a positive result. We all want to see LJ turn it round, unfortunately the original stat says a lot more about the fact people have realised it is very unlikely to happen. If it does, fantastic.

The fact that he has had horrific losing streaks in consecutive seasons, has convinced me that he is not for us. Even if he does wing it this season, can we look forward to more of the same next season?

11 minutes ago, Olé said:

Does the last 13 games make the previous 7 months fake?

1 minute ago, Olé said:

Are you being sarcastic man? ;)

I think whats pushed me towards saying to silence is 'detractors' it was these ridiculous flags and apparent 'demonstrations'. Its tacky, its not warranted and that should be focused into being a 12th man against Wednesday and Rovrum... I would like to see it work out for him, he garners alot of unwarranted criticism in terms of random stories or abuse and so on but over his tenure I've been impressed. He had a 44% win record which is very good at this level, playing good football before the abysmal run, what's triggered it? Maybe he's trying to over-complicate things and its not coming off, I really don't know.

We all know that if he fails to pick up results in the next 2 league games then SL will unfortunately will bin him off, I recall SO'D being given the vote of confidence and not long after he was gone.. the thing is we are scoring goals despite numerous chances wasted (barring that timid display at Forest), the problem like it always is for me is defensive errors otherwise the position in the table would be healthier. Do I think he is out of his depth? No he's proved he isn't during last season and upto the Cardiff game.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Does the last 13 games make the previous 7 months fake?

I've posted a thread already some weeks ago where I linked to my comments after the matches at the start of the season. If you think there is 7 months evidence that the recent form and approach is an abberation, good luck to you, your reality is much more fun than mine.

7 minutes ago, Olé said:

I've posted a thread already some weeks ago where I linked to my comments after the matches at the start of the season. If you think there is 7 months evidence that the recent form and approach is an abberation, good luck to you, your reality is much more fun than mine.

Well there isn't because of the summer break, but after 45 games under LJ, we have won 19, lost 19 and drawn 7*.

That's near enough a seasons worth of games, and works out as 66 points and would have us finishing 9th in last seasons table- with one game still to play.

60 odd percent of our defeats under him in a spell that makes up under 30% of his time here suggests it is more an aberration than the usual.

*Taken from here.

@JamesBCFC I'm FM you're LW!

I made the point that I've commented about a lot of the performances on that run and you have totally missed it.

I can't change what I've said and I stand by the fact what we're seeing now is more logical for what I saw early season. Tammy had a brilliant run and made us look very good.

I can't believe I'm still having to explain this but IN MY OPINION  LJ changed everything in the summer and tried to start a new approach that hasn't really worked. When we stayed up we did so with Tomlin in a position he hasn't really played since. We did it with a relatively settled team. And we did it by releasing players to attack the opposition and try to win the game.

Granted we lost Kodjia but the wholesale change to everything we were about was down to one man. Very few people have adapted to it based on what I've watched and suggesting LJ had a great seven months is a fairytale summary that suggests you can't remember last season or haven't watched this season!

1 minute ago, Olé said:

@JamesBCFC I'm FM you're LW!

I made the point that I've commented about a lot of the performances on that run and you have totally missed it.

I can't change what I've said and I stand by the fact what we're seeing now is more logical for what I saw early season. Tammy had a brilliant run and made us look very good.

I can't believe I'm still having to explain this but IN MY OPINION  LJ changed everything in the summer and tried to start a new approach that hasn't really worked. When we stayed up we did so with Tomlin in a position he hasn't really played since. We did it with a relatively settled team. And we did it by releasing players to attack the opposition and try to win the game.

Granted we lost Kodjia but the wholesale change to everything we were about was down to one man. Very few people have adapted to it based on what I've watched and suggesting LJ had a great seven months is a fairytale summary that suggests you can't remember last season or haven't watched this season!

I've been to every game I can manage and watched them all on player.

The vast majority of our performances haven't been fantastic, even during the good run.

BUT, we haven't been terrible either. We have had many poor spells, but even during this terrible run , most games the question "how did we lose this" has been asked by the people around me- many of whom were against LJ from the start.

There have been great spells and bad spells in the same game- Villa was a prime example. They controlled us in the first half but we battered them in the second half and deservedly won.

LJ clearly has a long term idea in mind, hence the asking for 3 windows and to be judged then. He has been overhauling the squad and a rough patch is inevitable when that happens.

Throughout our poor run it hasn't been the tactics than have been the issue for the most part- there are time when it has been, but Johnson will make mistakes, any manager will, let alone a young one. But what has hurt us most has been individual errors which we have had and oddly high number of so far. We have also had referees single-handedly ruin a game on our behalf (Reading away).

Archived