IGNORED

Johnson Personal Abuse

Major Isewater

• Admin

Tough shit he is paid to represent our club In my job we get very aggressive people, I'm paid to listen to these people and take critism it's part and parcel of the job we choose, don't be so precious in protecting the manager who has seen our worst losing streak in our history 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

No one associated with City is happy with our run . We are all very angry, worried and disappointed .

However, LJ gives his all for the club ,is a decent bloke so let's cut out the personal insults can we ?

He may be out of his depth, lost the dressing room , who the frock knows ? but he is NOT taking the piss and I'm sure he is devasted by whats happening so he does n't deserve the sort of treatment dished out to Pulis for example .

Agree with you Major.

He is, however, out of his depth I feel.

1 hour ago, cityironman said:

Its human nature to lash out when you are angry and upset. I'm sure that nobody wishes him any genuine harm but its a tough old business he's in and after the run he is currently presiding over i'm pretty sure that he's thinking that he's got off lightly so far!

Great post. There's managers at other clubs that have been sacked with far better records since christmas

18 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

I agree . we knew the team wasn't good enough. We know the ma aged is inexperienced. We stick with the project. No one even heard of Rowett when LJ got the job.. Stick with it if you're a true fan.

May I ask In a genuine and polite manner……….for you to please explain, exactly what this project entails and what it consists of?  

Agreed. LJ is a decent bloke and I think he actually can be a good manager elsewhere. He does care about the club and I so desperately wanted it to work out - it was looking so good October time, however there's only so much you can put up with and I've finally come to the decision it's not working out after today. However, it's a poisoned chalice at this club even though he has made mistakes (goes without saying).

Any personal abuse is frankly pathetic.

We entered into a project of building up through our academies young players who could p!at for the first team or be sold on. With crowds of 20,000 we will never be able to buy or attract the best players from the Premiership.The young players we have are proving not consistent enough to keep us up. We have had to look abroad for players to help out.regretfully in this bad spell the fans who are looking for instant success are not impressed. It appears they want to give up on the head coach and his team and go back too the glory days. Oh when was that?

I've called him Little Lee. I'd say it to his face too. I'm also vertically challenged so I think if I can take it, I'm allowed to give it. I've never said 'poison dwarf' or the like though...

Tbf, it's probably just as bad as calling Ian Holloway 'Skeletor' (once again, I've called him that and I'd say it to his face) or Hollowhead. 

Never see anyone leaping to his defence though...

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

No one associated with City is happy with our run . We are all very angry, worried and disappointed .

However, LJ gives his all for the club ,is a decent bloke so let's cut out the personal insults can we ?

He may be out of his depth, lost the dressing room , who the frock knows ? but he is NOT taking the piss and I'm sure he is devasted by whats happening so he does n't deserve the sort of treatment dished out to Pulis for example .

Well said that man.  Let's have a bit of class and not sink to the level of some of the knuckle daggers. 

3 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Absolutely spot on Major. You can scan any one of a dozen threads at the moment and read some of the (personal) abusive comments he's receiving which is pathetic and uncalled for.  Appreciate people are frustrated, we all are - but the personal abuse of LJ is bang out of order IMO.

at least you can see what I see unlike some on here

Agree entirely re no need for personal abuse, and other clubs' forums possibly being worse is not much of an argument in my book - it's still personal abuse. Plus how many people on here who found themselves out of their depth in a job would say 'ok i owe it to my employer to quit'? LJ isn't taking the mick, he really thinks he can turn it round. Reluctantly i no longer think he can.

5 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Agree entirely re no need for personal abuse, and other clubs' forums possibly being worse is not much of an argument in my book - it's still personal abuse. Plus how many people on here who found themselves out of their depth in a job would say 'ok i owe it to my employer to quit'? LJ isn't taking the mick, he really thinks he can turn it round. Reluctantly i no longer think he can.

I agree with most of what you say except I think he (and the players) will turn it around but will be close

Of course he cares. So does every fan there, and by the looks of it every player. He's had a relatively easy ride for his club record run of defeats and calling out personal abuse as a mitigating circumstance is TOTAL nonsense - LJ is in full on double duvet mode with how easy he has had it, if he really deserved our compassion he would quit today, instead he is running the players confidence into the ground and dragging the team to the bottom, while all the while clinging onto his feeble managerial record... and we're supposed to feel sorry for him? Of course I would defend the guy against any personal abuse, but if that abuse comes from here on in, it's his own stupid fault for holding on. He's unfit to manage, he's out of his depth, he will get paid plenty well for calling it a day, he is just taking for granted the £50-100 that hundreds of fans spend every week turning up to (and they do) support his utter s**t.

6 hours ago, Bob Thompson said:

I agree . we knew the team wasn't good enough. We know the ma aged is inexperienced. We stick with the project. No one even heard of Rowett when LJ got the job.. Stick with it if you're a true fan.

My apologies but I can't stand people calling our club 'a project' - what the hell does that mean?! And I had heard of Rowett when LJ got the job...he took Burton Albion to the play offs twice in his two seasons in charge, losing in the final in the second season.

I knew about him as a player too...

4 hours ago, Olé said:

Of course he cares. So does every fan there, and by the looks of it every player. He's had a relatively easy ride for his club record run of defeats and calling out personal abuse as a mitigating circumstance is TOTAL nonsense - LJ is in full on double duvet mode with how easy he has had it, if he really deserved our compassion he would quit today, instead he is running the players confidence into the ground and dragging the team to the bottom, while all the while clinging onto his feeble managerial record... and we're supposed to feel sorry for him? Of course I would defend the guy against any personal abuse, but if that abuse comes from here on in, it's his own stupid fault for holding on. He's unfit to manage, he's out of his depth, he will get paid plenty well for calling it a day, he is just taking for granted the £50-100 that hundreds of fans spend every week turning up to (and they do) support his utter s**t.

How do you know that he hasn't offered to quit? And that it's been rejected?

I have to say Major that while I am not a 4 letter word user I can fully understand supporters who throw vitriol at our current manager.

We are talking of fans here who give up at least one Saturday every other week, possibly go to quite a few away games, spend thousands on a season ticket, petrol, car parking fees and fines (thanks BCC), and food and drink.

To then see a diminutive, sorry but it is the point, guy clapping aimlessly at the crowd at the beginning and end of every match, who comes out with the same drivel week in week out about why we are losing and/or what he s doing about it, spouting meaningless cliches, repeating himself over and over again and saying 'Like I said' about 4 times each interview even before he has said something of repetition. 

As far as I am concerned a fan deserves a voice and the vast majority have been incredibly patient and understanding and, according to many, get behind the team. I think it all goes to show some are now so fed up with the manager that they simply have to let off some steam. Nobody likes it but boy can I understand the reasons behind it.

What word did another poster use on the match day? Untenable. I think this is where Lee J is right now; in an untenable position. Does anybody come back from that position? Possible but highly unlikely now unless he has a 100C-1; that I believe is the largest digger JCB produces. He had better get started.

8 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I have to say Major that while I am not a 4 letter word user I can fully understand supporters who throw vitriol at our current manager.

We are talking of fans here who give up at least one Saturday every other week, possibly go to quite a few away games, spend thousands on a season ticket, petrol, car parking fees and fines (thanks BCC), and food and drink.

To then see a diminutive, sorry but it is the point, guy clapping aimlessly at the crowd at the beginning and end of every match, who comes out with the same drivel week in week out about why we are losing and/or what he s doing about it, spouting meaningless cliches, repeating himself over and over again and saying 'Like I said' about 4 times each interview even before he has said something of repetition. 

As far as I am concerned a fan deserves a voice and the vast majority have been incredibly patient and understanding and, according to many, get behind the team. I think it all goes to show some are now so fed up with the manager that they simply have to let off some steam. Nobody likes it but boy can I understand the reasons behind it.

What word did another poster use on the match day? Untenable. I think this is where Lee J is right now; in an untenable position. Does anybody come back from that position? Possible but highly unlikely now unless he has a 100C-1; that I believe is the largest digger JCB produces. He had better get started.

You sound like these people are threatened if they don't do this. Is this what's happening at our club? Is it Lee who threatens these poor people? 

6 hours ago, Up The City! said:

How do you know that he hasn't offered to quit? And that it's been rejected?

Because Steve Lansdown is an accountant that built Hargreaves Lansdown from nothing into a billion dollar business, I simply cannot reconcile him being so stupid as to be presented with the opportunity from LJ to end this disaster and decided, even against the managers will, he would prefer to persist with it. 

Fair play for raising an interesting thought, but I just can't believe we'd be so daft.

5 hours ago, Benni said:

You sound like these people are threatened if they don't do this. Is this what's happening at our club? Is it Lee who threatens these poor people? 

Forgive me but that seems a strangely obscure response to a very lucid post from @havanatopia. To add my perspective, what Lee is doing, with his inept management of the club, is turning what could be a highly enjoyable activity, reflecting a lifelong commitment, into a miseryfest. I like nothing more than setting out for the day to travel to Bristol or to some far flung part of the country and join  other City fans cheering on our side. It's what I spent my first pay packet on 36 years ago...Carlisle away in the cup. Over the years I've spent a small fortune but when you see a committed performance it's worth it regardless of the result. This season I set out to see a work in progress, I wasn't expecting the finished article. What we've witnessed recently is depressing, fragile and incompetent. Lee isn't making me attend...but he appears to be ruining a football club that I was supporting before he was born and I'll be supporting long after he's gone.

Archived