IGNORED

Reasons to support LJ

Cornacix the Druid

Hi all.

Upset? Yes I am!

So, I've been reading all the posts why we should not stay with Lee Johnson but there's not really one place where folk can state reasons why we should back him.

So, why? Any reasons why bcfc should stick with the manager who's broken the all time record? Is he the Phoenix who raises from the flames /shite or was it to much too soon for Lee?

Theres a lot of threads against, so I suppose this is for balance....... So... Why?

2 minutes ago, Marty said:

Hi all.

Upset? Yes I am!

So, I've been reading all the posts why we should not stay with Lee Johnson but there's not really one place where folk can state reasons why we should back him.

So, why? Any reasons why bcfc should stick with the manager who's broken the all time record? Is he the Phoenix who raises from the flames /shite or was it to much too soon for Lee?

Theres a lot of threads against, so I suppose this is for balance....... So... Why?

Because he's a symptom, not the cause of the problem.

2 minutes ago, Marty said:

Hi all.

Upset? Yes I am!

This could be the  shortest thread this evening. 

I do wonder; is managerial success an art? Is it less alchemy and more a case of controlling 24 odd *********...

give yourself sports scientists, pyscholgists, physics, could a trained chimp not do the job if it weren't for personalities ...

ps I make no comment on us just generally. Personally I think 'manager' is vastly overrated. All players want is an ego massage; a massage I ain't giving. 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yawn

here we go AGAIN with one sentence claims

As you've been asked on other threads perhaps you'd like to expand 

Or as it appears Somebody posting nonsense without any knowledge at all 

Can understand where both of you are coming from. It seems under LJ that no matter the standard of player we have / buy, he doesn't seem to be able to sort out of the lack of confidence or be able to move the team forward. However, seems like it may not be only the junior management who has the problem, if you get my drift.

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

Because regardless of what manager is at the helm, the same sh**e always happens at this club.

Not entirely true. 

We are a smallish club. Fact. 

On League points over the last 50 years we are in the top 10 clubs in the country. 

Beats fighting relegation EVERY season. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Not entirely true. 

We are a smallish club. Fact. 

On League points over the last 50 years we are in the top 10 clubs in the country. 

Beats fighting relegation EVERY season. 

We've fought relegation 6 of the last 7 seasons.

We have the 10th (or somewhere close) highest average attendance in the Championship this season.

3 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

They are all a disaster for us.  Maybe the issue is elsewhere in the club?

4 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

'His signings'?  You sure?

My 'take' on today is much the same.  LJ is just the next scapegoat for the problems elsewhere in the club. 

I thought all these overseas imports were supposed to be the answers to all our prayers? 

16 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Because he's a symptom, not the cause of the problem.

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yawn

here we go AGAIN with one sentence claims

As you've been asked on other threads perhaps you'd like to expand 

Or as it appears Somebody posting nonsense without any knowledge at all 

Got to agree with BBSB on this. You either know what's gone/going on (or think you do) or you're just on a Saturday night wind up.

How about you give us all the benefit of your knowledge so that we can draw our own conclusions?

If your stance on LJ is to stick with him, then just plough that furrow (lonely as it may be at this time), without resorting to being supposedly ITK without providing any evidence to back it up.

Stick with LJ, the start of the season was great, something has gone wrong but nobody seems able to figure out what. You watch the team and they aren't doing too much wrong, yet we don't win. If we had played 90 minutes like we played the last 5 today, we would have murdered them. Have to say Steve Cotterill wasn't given the same chance, and he moved us up a league. 

2 minutes ago, Meryl Goodrum said:

Stick with LJ, the start of the season was great, something has gone wrong but nobody seems able to figure out what. You watch the team and they aren't doing too much wrong, yet we don't win. If we had played 90 minutes like we played the last 5 today, we would have murdered them. Have to say Steve Cotterill wasn't given the same chance, and he moved us up a league. 

We can't figure out what has gone wrong but let's stick with it?

A manager is paid to figure out what has gone wrong and fix it. 

Goodbye LJ

Archived