IGNORED

Reasons to support LJ

Cornacix the Druid

17 minutes ago, Malbec said:

Got to agree with BBSB on this. You either know what's gone/going on (or think you do) or you're just on a Saturday night wind up.

How about you give us all the benefit of your knowledge so that we can draw our own conclusions?

If your stance on LJ is to stick with him, then just plough that furrow (lonely as it may be at this time), without resorting to being supposedly ITK without providing any evidence to back it up.

No pretense of being ITK. It's just how I see the decision making at the club from the top down.

1 minute ago, Marty said:

Still not any wiser as to why we should......

stil looking for positives.

A precedent was set 27 years ago. Plummet towards the bottom of a division, win an away cup tie 1-0, lose the next two league games and then... the world is your mussel.

Stands to reason that history is about to repeat itself.

I'd give LJ two more league games. If he loses both then he's obviously not Sir Alex's natural heir and we'll have to think again but were he to lose the next but win the one after... well... we might have just struck lucky.

That's all I got.

2 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

Lee's just doing what we want.

We were on the verge of the playoffs, and there were posts on here by some about how they wouldn't like to be in the soulless Prem.

He's just making sure that doesn't happen.

Well done Lee, job done now though!

Helpful 

2 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

No pretense of being ITK. It's just how I see the decision making at the club from the top down.

That's ok mate. I was just interested to know if you knew/had heard something that wasn't common knowledge.

Although I would still be interested in why/how you've arrived at that viewpoint and who you feel is maybe 'letting LJ down' on that front.

Keep banging the drum for LJ if that's what you want to do. No-one should think any the less of you if that's your position.

We're all f**cked of at the moment and I'm afraid the last train has left the station for Lee Johnson WHY several reasons talking a good game to the cameras doesn't make you a good manger.

1. Team selection after a year as a manager you should know your players and best formation surely and signing 17 players for millions of pounds the getting a first eleven should be relatively simple

2. Man management constantly slating players publicly is not the way to build moral when confidence is as low as what it is at the moment,Rows arguments with players need I go on.

3. Transfer policies Too many players to sign in a Calander year need gelling. Personally would like three quality signings a season.

3. Bounce back ability 8 on the trot and surprisingly not the first team he has done it which is shocking really.

Lee grab your coat it's time to go thanks but no thanks

11 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

Reasons to stick with LJ.

Hmmmm, right, here goes:

1) Ummmmmmmm, nope, got nothing. Sorry

Correct.

Question 2) Will SL ever appoint a manager who can match the club's & our ambitions?

Not on past evidence I would suggest.

I've been very openly pro LJ. I'm still not fully convinced that replacing him will suddenly change much, but I am very dissapointed by today. 

We had some (small) momentum from the midweek cup win, we've made some good additions to the squad and I expected today's performance (even if not result) to show signs of rejuvenated confidence. That didn't sound the case. 

I would LOVE LJto be a success here, but it's very hard to defend such a prolonged dire run. 

Do I think he's lost the dressing room! NO

Do I think he/we've had ample bad luck/misfortune during the bad run? YES

Have we looked completely inept and out of our depth during any/many games? NO

However, am I starting to look at our squad and ask if they could flourish under different management? YES, I think they could. I believe we have some real quality there. 

How long can SL stand by (rightly so up until now, imho) with the run as it is and the upcoming fixtures.?

The other, massive question is who..? It's all very well saying Rowett, Rostler, Klinsman, etc etc, but we have no idea if they or anyone is even an option. 

It's a tough, huge call for SL to make. The one thing he has on his side now is that nobody, including LJ, could accuse him of being knee jerk. 

My ideal scenario is still for LJ to get a result, then build on it, see us safe and finalise his squad in the summer. Do I believe, truly that's it's going to happen..? I'm not so sure anymore. 

Let's remember one thing though.. it's easy to shout "sack the manager" after a few defeats. It's a much bigger call to try and stand by them, invest further and keep believing. I respect SL for his patience. I'm embarrassed by many "supporters" recently. When the going gets tough, they've "jumped ship" and shown the backbone of a snake. Not all, of course, but some are too quick to throw in the towel. 

The one think I do rest easy with, whatever the outcome, is that SL has the best interests of this club at heart and will do what he and his confidants believe to be the right thing by us, the supporters. 

CTID!

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I've been very openly pro LJ. I'm still not fully convinced that replacing him will suddenly change much, but I am very dissapointed by today. 

We had some (small) momentum from the midweek cup win, we've made some good additions to the squad and I expected today's performance (even if not result) to show signs of rejuvenated confidence. That didn't sound the case. 

I would LOVE LJto be a success here, but it's very hard to defend such a prolonged dire run. 

Do I think he's lost the dressing room! NO

Do I think he/we've had ample bad luck/misfortune during the bad run? YES

Have we looked completely inept and out of our depth during any/many games? NO

However, am I starting to look at our squad and ask if they could flourish under different management? YES, I think they could. I believe we have some real quality there. 

How long can SL stand by (rightly so up until now, imho) with the run as it is and the upcoming fixtures.?

The other, massive question is who..? It's all very well saying Rowett, Rostler, Klinsman, etc etc, but we have no idea if they or anyone is even an option. 

It's a tough, huge call for SL to make. The one thing he has on his side now is that nobody, including LJ, could accuse him of being knee jerk. 

My ideal scenario is still for LJ to get a result, then build on it, see us safe and finalise his squad in the summer. Do I believe, truly that's it's going to happen..? I'm not so sure anymore. 

Let's remember one thing though.. it's easy to shout "sack the manager" after a few defeats. It's a much bigger call to try and stand by them, invest further and keep believing. I respect SL for his patience. I'm embarrassed by many "supporters" recently. When the going gets tough, they've "jumped ship" and shown the backbone of a snake. Not all, of course, but some are too quick to throw in the towel. 

The one think I do rest easy with, whatever the outcome, is that SL has the best interests of this club at heart and will do what he and his confidants believe to be the right thing by us, the supporters. 

CTID!

Seriously.....are you on drugs?

Surely SL being a businessman, he would want his operational managers to have some strength of character to stand up for what they believe. And surely SL as majority shareholder should be able to understand whether or not those beliefs will benefit the "business" to enable him to be able to make the appropriate decisions so that the business would not fail?

Archived