IGNORED

Reasons to support LJ

Cornacix the Druid

Just now, Benni said:

An answer on the same wavelengt as MMH and NJ's. Well done.

It isn't rocket science. I've watched more football and League games than LJ, I'd wager. You do learn what works and what doesn't. 

In fact, I think we'd have done better without a manager. 

9 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

**** me....do you want to keep digging?

Hahahahaha you are the digger, t***. You want to find managers who lost 8 on the spin, nothing more or nothing less, which leaves people like Sir Alex and Peter Reid out. Keep digging.

1 minute ago, Benni said:

Your pathetic agenda against the Johnsons is so obvious. You should stop it and start supporting the club - sounds like a good idea, right?

I do support the club, literally hundreds of games home and away, every possible game even when I was playing local football myself. Don't patronise me.

But I happen to think LJ will be a crap manager. Said it the day he was appointed.

I have no agenda. I thought Gary was brilliant until he kept playing his son ahead of better players. But that has no bearing on my feelings towards Lee Johnson the manager.

The day he was appointed I said on here "hilarious", because the stupidity of it was just that, in a perverse way. He is not in a million years capable of leading a Championship football team.

But since then I have left it alone, I have given him a chance, until it was demonstrated that I - IMO - was right. As a supporter, I feel the need to have my say, on a fans forum.

Why do you have a problem with that?

The best thing you can do for Lee is leave it alone.

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

In fairness, most pundits. 

Interesting to know what they might have based such a claim on then. It can't have been his managerial record because he'd achieved very little in the game to merit such acclaim.

He's a personable chap and a very good talker, admittedly - but you'd hope it would take a bit more than that to get these 'pundits' gushing?

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

It isn't rocket science. I've watched more football and League games than LJ, I'd wager. You do learn what works and what doesn't. 

In fact, I think we'd have done better without a manager. 

So, watching a lot of football matches makes you an expert? Interesting. You should speak to SL and ask him to appoint you as manager.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Interesting to know what they might have based such a claim on then. It can't have been his managerial record because he'd achieved very little in the game to merit such acclaim.

He's a personable chap and a very good talker, admittedly - but you'd hope it would take a bit more than that to get these 'pundits' gushing?

That's fair. He'd only been here for 3 or 4 games and they were talking him up like the new Messiah. 

1 minute ago, Benni said:

So, watching a lot of football matches makes you an expert? Interesting. You should speak to SL and ask him to appoint you as manager.

No expert. But you don't need to be one to get 7 points in 48 spending that much. 

It reminds me of the experiment where they pitched a 5 year old against a stock market expert. You can guess who made the most profit. 

Football and man management is far simpler that most people think it is. That's why academics don't manage football teams. 

2 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I do support the club, literally hundreds of games home and away, every possible game even when I was playing local football myself. Don't patronise me.

But I happen to think LJ will be a crap manager. Said it the day he was appointed.

I have no agenda. I thought Gary was brilliant until he kept playing his son ahead of better players. But that has no bearing on my feelings towards Lee Johnson the manager.

The day he was appointed I said on here "hilarious", because the stupidity of it was just that, in a perverse way. He is not in a million years capable of leading a Championship football team.

But since then I have left it alone, I have given him a chance, until it was demonstrated that I - IMO - was right. As a supporter, I feel the need to have my say, on a fans forum.

It was a surprising choice and in fairness I think most of the doubters gave him a chance.  But it was inevitable that sentiment would be pretty short lived if we hit a bad spell. 

As we speak he is still City manager so he has my backing. 

4 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I have no problem with that but you really have a problem with me having my say on the forum, because I have faith in a man you clearly despise for some reason.

4 minutes ago, Benni said:

I have no problem with that but you really have a problem with me having my say on the forum, because I have faith in a man you clearly despise for some reason.

FFS.  Nobody despises LJ! It's just patently obvious that he is not up to the job! I actually thought that he was ok as a player. But I just don't think he has what it takes to be our manager! It's you disciples who are turning it into some strange vendetta.

6 minutes ago, Benni said:

I do not despise the man.

But he is not capable of managing a football club at anywhere near this level. As this is the club I have supported through thick and thin - mainly thin ha ha the old joke - I am entitled to my say, on a fans forum.

You are very clearly a very close knit family and I have enormous respect for that.

But Lee's family on here defending the indefensible, you are just going to wind people up.

Once played in a game where we were 8/0 down at h/t.

The guy in charge at the time (manager) was in the Field gun crew. (look that up young'uns)

His h/t team talk was no way will they get 10. We play for each other and they will not score.

He was the center half, no we came of the pitch after loosing 8/0 and felt good that day.

Just hope all our players feel the same and play for each other!!

27 minutes ago, Benni said:

We are talking about bad runs, not only "8 on the spin". 

21 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

Because if you appoint a young less proven manager you do it for the same reason you do with a player. Because you are going to give them a chance to develop. Because you believe they are going to improve. 

7 points from 16 games; lost 11 out of last 12 league games; lost last 8 league games in a row.

Time has been given (plenty more tha is warranted or would have been offered elsewhere) and the results are in. LJ is not up to the job & he needs to be relieved of his position. 

If SL had run his investment business with someone boasting results this bad, he wouldn't currently be our majority shareholder. He would be just an other small scale independent financial advisor who nearly lost it all when a pretty inexperienced person who was known to him and his son blagged a top job, which he then couldn't actually make a success of. That is the obvious analogy.

5 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I do not despise the man.

But he is not capable of managing a football club at anywhere near this level. As this is the club I have supported through thick and thin - mainly thin ha ha the old joke - I am entitled to my say, on a fans forum.

You are very clearly a very close knit family and I have enormous respect for that.

But Lee's family on here defending the indefensible, you are just going to wind people up.

The pathetic family arguments are the worst you can use. 

4 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

He is a football journalist who writes for The guardian, ESPN, World Soccer, 442 magazine and ESPN.

So when you say 'he was considered by many to be one of the most promising English managers around' you're actually saying a journalist with column inches to fill with occasionally sensational and ridiculous articles?

Words he probably regrets now?

Well, I'm certain I've watched an LJ team far more often than Nick Ames and I've come to a very different conclusion.

As had the majority of Barnsley fans whose dire warnings on this forum when LJ was appointed have proved to be absolutely spot on.

3 minutes ago, Benni said:

The pathetic family arguments are the worst you can use. 

Well you are family and I just paid you a compliment, unless I am wrong you are not family.

So that we know how to proceed, are you or are you not friend/family of LJ?

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

So when you say 'he was considered by many to be one of the most promising English managers around' you're actually saying a journalist with column inches to fill with occasionally sensational and ridiculous articles?

Words he probably regrets now?

Well, I'm certain I've watched an LJ team far more often than Nick Ames and I've come to a very different conclusion.

As had the majority of Barnsley fans whose dire warnings on this forum when LJ was appointed have proved to be absolutely spot on.

I've never heard a City fan saying anything like that. It must be like all these "award winning comedians" that keep cropping uo on tv and radio, and are utter horseshit.

Just now, Shtanley said:

Because I'm sick of us sacking managers and then the same problems arising in the near future after, it would be nice for some longevity with an appointment. 

But the main one is that he's the manager of the football team I support.

All well and good. But he appears to not know what he is doing.

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

It does appear so. Who's your choice of replacement? 

I see that question so many times on here.

Impossible to say until you've done your homework properly, asked around some trusted confidants and interviewed the short list of candidates.

Don't think many on here have the time or resource to do that, although I'd say we could pull a ball out of the hat just as well as the decision makers seem to do.

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I'm not sure......but what is the worse option? My cat is licking her arse now, so maybe appoint her?

Crisis averted then. I don't think we'll go down this season even with LJ in charge but he needs point or 3 vs Wednesday or else I'll be calling for him to go. I just worry about the list of replacements if he does go. 

Archived