IGNORED

Reasons to support LJ

Cornacix the Druid

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Not interested in your private fight, but thought I'd ask where in past history a manager has done this badly and he's been given time and it has been proven to be the right decision? 

Benni and iamsober are Johnson family.

If you notice they signed up in the past few months and all they post is "LJ is the right man for the job" and "he needs more time".

So obvious.

What I find quite sad is that Johnson Senior could have been a legend here but gave his lad a playing career and so inadvertently sacrificed his managerial one.

Watch them come back at that. 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

That's the default response, but he didn't have a run anything like as bad. 

And one example in 100 years doesn't really substantiate the idea, does it?

And a perfect answer too. Another one is Peter Reid at Sunderland and of course there are more. Your argument here is ridiculous, sorry.

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

If you notice they signed up in the past few months and all they post is "LJ is the right man for the job" and "he needs more time".

So obvious.

What I find quite sad is that Johnson Senior could have been a legend here but gave his lad a playing career and so inadvertently sacrificed his managerial one.

It seems funny how these weird buggers have surfaced.

2 minutes ago, NickJ said:

So obvious.

Carry On Cabby?

3 minutes ago, Benni said:

And a perfect answer too. Another one is Peter Reid at Sunderland and of course there are more. Your argument here is ridiculous, sorry.

Maybe there are examples. But the only reasoning I can see you putting forward is (I paraphrase) "it's gonna get better so it would be silly to change". 

That's managing with your heart, not your head. 

Its now 7 points in 48. I would have done better. I'm sure of it. 

His win percentage with the club 42.22% is actually pretty good and 12th highest in the league (0.7% higher and it would be 8th best in the league).

We have been incredibly unlucky in multiple games and I can think of a least 4 in this bad run we would have won if we had better decisions from the officials.

We are not in our position through a lack of chances created (highest in the country last time I checked!)

Because he is a young manager who needs backing if we're to get the best out of him. He showed in the way he turned things around last season what he can do. He did the same in the opening games of the season, many of which we picked up points in because of his substitutions and tactical changes.  

Because until this run, he was considered by many to be one of the most promising English managers around.

Because who do you think is we would be able to get as a replacement? Who would come to the club right now and make everything so much better? And actually showing we are a club that gives are managers a chance makes it easier to attract managers in the future.

Because changing manager during a transfer window would make it harder to get players.

Because actually most of us agree the signings we have made have been good. You can give credit to others for that too, but part of or recruitment is based on the good working relationship he has with our recruitment team. And from what we've heard we quite probably would not have signed Tammy without him.

4 minutes ago, NickJ said:

So obvious.

Your pathetic agenda against the Johnsons is so obvious. You should stop it and start supporting the club - sounds like a good idea, right?

1 minute ago, RichardEdd said:

His win percentage with the club 42.22% is actually pretty good and 12th highest in the league (0.7% higher and it would be 8th best in the league).

We have been incredibly unlucky in multiple games and I can think of a least 4 in this bad run we would have won if we had better decisions from the officials.

We are not in our position through a lack of chances created (highest in the country last time I checked!)

Because he is a young manager who needs backing if we're to get the best out of him. He showed in the way he turned things around last season what he can do. He did the same in the opening games of the season, many of which we picked up points in because of his substitutions and tactical changes.  

Because until this run, he was considered by many to be one of the most promising English managers around.

Because who do you think is we would be able to get as a replacement? Who would come to the club right now and make everything so much better? And actually showing we are a club that gives are managers a chance makes it easier to attract managers in the future.

Because changing manager during a transfer window would make it harder to get players.

Because actually most of us agree the signings we have made have been good. You can give credit to others for that too, but part of or recruitment is based on the good working relationship he has with our recruitment team. And from what we've heard we quite probably would not have signed Tammy without him.

WTF has him being "a young manager" got to do with it? Being young does not imbue him with mystical powers.

2 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

Personally, I think we've played crap for most of the season, even when winning. 

Just now, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

WTF has him being "a young manager" got to do with it? Being young does not imbue him with mystical powers.

Because if you appoint a young less proven manager you do it for the same reason you do with a player. Because you are going to give them a chance to develop. Because you believe they are going to improve. 

4 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

Really, like who for instance? :dunno:

Just now, RichardEdd said:

Because if you appoint a young less proven manager you do it for the same reason you do with a player. Because you are going to give them a chance to develop. Because you believe they are going to improve. 

Let them develop elsewhere. I don't want my club being some laboratory.

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Not entirely true. 

We are a smallish club. Fact. 

On League points over the last 50 years we are in the top 10 clubs in the country. 

Beats fighting relegation EVERY season. 

I remember reading that fact a few years ago. Fifth i seem to remember, just behind the top four. Completely baffling considering we are perenially abject

6 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Maybe there are examples. But the only reasoning I can see you putting forward is (I paraphrase) "it's gonna get better so it would be silly to change". 

That's managing with your heart, not your head. 

Its now 7 points in 48. I would have done better. I'm sure of it. 

An answer on the same wavelengt as MMH and NJ's. Well done.

8 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

10 minutes ago, Benni said:

We are talking about bad runs, not only "8 on the spin". 

IMG_1089.JPG

Archived