IGNORED

Just got back report (who cares)

Olé

9 minutes ago, Olé said:

I believe Forest hadn't won since the start of December. This was the teams (comfortably) 23rd and 24th in the form table, and on an attacking basis there was not a lot in it. There was no attempt to go for the jugular in such circumstances, Forest did, we had no attacking idea. For this alone LJ should go.

For the past month I've made a point not to watch his interviews because it would just annoy me, but I've just accidentally read his comments on the BBC report and it's embarrassing. "We were good in the second half and had a couple of chances we needed to take." 

We had two chances. One was cut out before anyone actually shot, and the other was Paterson beyond the far post from the edge of the box. This is Johnson all over. He seems to be satisfied with how few chances we're creating because one is all he needs to feel we're unlucky.

It was comical how the Forest fans turned up expecting to lose prior to their protest against Fawaz, sat silently throughout expecting to lose and then couldn't believe their luck with how poor we were. This was their own day of execution and they couldn't believe their luck.

I think someone else made this point last night, but it was the type of game where 0-0 would have flattered both teams! As it was, the team 23rd in the form table at least went at us a few times and deserved to win for doing so, because the team 24th in the form table still had no idea.

Well Ole, you've managed to give me two of the most depressing posts to read in a long time. It seems as if the way we played for 90 was the same as the last 25 mins v Reading and Cardiff.

I don't get all the standing off, backing off and the pointless punts upfield giving the ball back to the opposition: A clear sign that a team has lost its way.

Are you aware if SL was at the match?

5 minutes ago, samo II said:

I only listened on the radio, but even the atmosphere was flat, with an undercurrent of mumbling being the most notable aspect, so can believe that the Forest fans were not in the best spirits.  Am sure they feel a bit better now.

I just cannot understand who LJ thinks he's kidding now.  He's had a full year with the players he inherited, half a season with the players he bought this summer, and had some seemingly box-fresh reinforcements just in the door - if the problem is his philosophy and/or methods are not bedding in, then he needs to look inwards, and stop saying nonsense about finding % points from players due to cutting out midnight snack or some other rubbish.

That he cannot raise the side to go after a team in as bad form and fettle as Forest, even after saying "we have to go for the win" in his press conference this week, then we are lost.  

I'd have preferred us to lose 3-1, having gone down swinging trying to out score another low on confidence side.

Instead it sounds like we were insipid, and it is telling that yesterday even Rotherham had more shots on target than us in their mauling at Newcastle.

We did not go down swinging - it was terrible and actually very sad and in complete contrast to the fighting spirit shown at the end of last season.... I believe we have some good footballers but the way we are being set up and asked to play is a disgrace. LJ is the "David Brent" of football management with his nonsense philosophy and piss poor tactics...  Forest were so poor, but so were Ipswich, Wolves, Brentford, Cardiff, Preston and Birmingham....We have failed to take points against these sides.... the games only now get harder after Rotherham.... Gutting to say but unless the board act now to try and arrest this awful slide we will fall into the relegation zone and I cannot see us getting out of it under LJ.... a shocking fall from grace but one I am not entirely surprised about given his style of management.....

3 hours ago, samo II said:

I only listened on the radio, but even the atmosphere was flat, with an undercurrent of mumbling being the most notable aspect, so can believe that the Forest fans were not in the best spirits.  Am sure they feel a bit better now.

I just cannot understand who LJ thinks he's kidding now.  He's had a full year with the players he inherited, half a season with the players he bought this summer, and had some seemingly box-fresh reinforcements just in the door - if the problem is his philosophy and/or methods are not bedding in, then he needs to look inwards, and stop saying nonsense about finding % points from players due to cutting out midnight snack or some other rubbish.

That he cannot raise the side to go after a team in as bad form and fettle as Forest, even after saying "we have to go for the win" in his press conference this week, then we are lost.  

I'd have preferred us to lose 3-1, having gone down swinging trying to out score another low on confidence side.

Instead it sounds like we were insipid, and it is telling that yesterday even Rotherham had more shots on target than us in their mauling at Newcastle.

Was listening on radio as well, said to a friend before the kick off we needed to get at forest from the off but no that didn't happen, but I'm not suprised to be honest we never go at teams from the off, I cannot remember the last city side I watched before now that was so lethargic in the first halves of games it's actually depressing knowing that in general you might as well not bother with watching them in the first half. As for the set up, bearing in mind we were playing forest the team was way too defensive, basically he was playing 2 holding midfielders so where was the support for the 2 front men going to come from? I'm afraid he just can't handle the pressure, when things were good at the start of the season his changes etc you could see what he was doing, but then once we had a couple of defeats he started panicking and doing stupid subs etc I think he frankly has run out of ideas of how to fix things, we are not a bad team I mean I think frankly we've been playing pretty crap for a while but yet we have always been in the games losing by the solitary goal, just imagine if we played even ok in games never mind good?

Archived