IGNORED

Johnsons on OTIB

Mike Hunt-Hertz

24 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

If true, interested to hear their perspective. 

Really? What do you think they are going to say? "Please forgive Lee, he was so keen to follow in his father's footsteps that it blinded us all to the fact that this job was a step too far for him at this stage in his career"?

I wish!

I hope they aren't as this is probably not representative of the majority of fans sentiments.

You are also subject to those who are incapable of controlling their emotions. Their incoherent and abusive rantings aren't representative of most fans who are capable of articulating their points without resorting to abuse or profanity in every sentence. 

6 minutes ago, bris red said:

Johnson would go down in estimations even further if you he was on here trying to defend himself under a false name, i mean come on what a sad sad little man if that is the case.

He could ask his uncle to defend him under a different username

35 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I hope they aren't as this is probably not representative of the majority of fans sentiments.

You are also subject to those who are incapable of controlling their emotions. Their incoherent and abusive rantings aren't representative of most fans who are capable of articulating their points without resorting to abuse or profanity in every sentence. 

Or use of commas. 

56 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

On the contrary. If you compare the average OTIB poster I think they're very reserved and patient. We've all lost faith at varying paces except for you it seems. Yes - of course there are lunatics here who seemingly wanted LJ to fail, but I think OTIB is representative of your average fans view  

If you look at the Facebook page, now that does have a higher percentage of head cases. 

1 hour ago, Rednwhiterob said:

In which case, I can strongly suggest LJ doesn't go to most other clubs, especially Millwall. 

We're like a bunch of Mary Whitehouse sympathisers by comparison. 

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

In which case, I can strongly suggest LJ doesn't go to most other clubs, especially Millwall. 

He wants us to be like the committee for a ladies freestyle croquet team.

12 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

How often have you ever seen anything approaching major disruption amongst fans at the Gate? We must have one of the more docile set of supporters ever. In other places, the fans would be in meltdown by now. We are annoyed, upset & frustrated, while the personal abuse on here has been fairly minimal in the circumstances.

The reality is that we are fairly resigned to the fact that we are dependent on the decision of an owner, whose son is the chairman & apparently fairly close to the head coach. And it has been all quiet on that front except for a contract extension for the head coach a few weeks into this terrible run. Read into that whatever you want...

1 hour ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Pass the smelling salts, Daphne.

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

How often have you ever seen anything approaching major disruption amongst fans at the Gate? We must have one of the more docile set of supporters ever. In other places, the fans would be in meltdown by now. We are annoyed, upset & frustrated, while the personal abuse on here has been fairly minimal in the circumstances.

The reality is that we are fairly resigned to the fact that we are dependent on the decision of an owner, whose son is the chairman & apparently fairly close to the head coach. And it has been all quiet on that front except for a contract extension for the head coach a few weeks into this terrible run. Read into that whatever you want...

Exactly this. 

There is more chance of decent leisure facilities in Bristol that a Johnson Out banner. 

I think the fan base has been incredibly patient with , and I use the word carefully , manager .  I also think that the signings have gone a long way in placating the beginnings of descent . Now what we will see ( I'm fairly sure) is a more vocal  Johnson out percentage , the boos' started a few games ago I think you may well hear it as soon as we concede against Wednesday. and we will concede. 

One word one the personal abuse, bit of a strong term I think, football is an emotional game and here on OTIB people pour out their emotions in writing. That can be re-read and sound different than it did to the author . Just a point and I know it can go too far but one thing ....

Google says , a stupid person:

synonyms:fool, idiot, cretin, moron, dolt, halfwit, ass, dunce, dullard, simpleton, nincompoop, blockhead, ignoramus, clod; More

While Cambridge online dictionary says:

a person who behaves in an extremely stupid way.

Now . I doubt whether many on here haven't ,at one stage or another , thought that his choice of team or sub was stupid. So if the shoe fits !!

7 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Where is a comma needed?

Bit of a random q, but hope this helps

Commas and periods are the most frequently used punctuation marks. Commas customarily indicate a brief pause; they're not as final as periods.

Rule 1. Use commas to separate words and word groups in a simple series of three or more items.

Rule 2. Use a comma to separate two adjectives when the order of the adjectives is interchangeable.

Rule 3a. Many inexperienced writers run two independent clauses together by using a comma instead of a period. This results in the dreaded run-on sentence or, more technically, a comma splice.

Rule 3b. In sentences where two independent clauses are joined by connectors such as and, or, but, etc., put a comma at the end of the first clause.

Rule 3c. If the subject does not appear in front of the second verb, a comma is generally unnecessary.

Rule 4a. When starting a sentence with a dependent clause, use a comma after it.

Rule 4b. A comma is usually unnecessary when the sentence starts with an independent clause followed by a dependent clause

Rule 5. Use commas to set off nonessential words, clauses, and phrases (see Who, That, Which, Rule 2b).

Rule 6. If something or someone is sufficiently identified, the description that follows is considered nonessential and should be surrounded by commas.

Rule 7a. Use a comma after certain words that introduce a sentence, such as well, yes, why, hello, hey, etc.

Rule 7b. Use commas to set off expressions that interrupt the sentence flow (nevertheless, after all, by the way, on the other hand, however, etc.).

Rule 8. Use commas to set off the name, nickname, term of endearment, or title of a person directly addressed.

Rule 9. Use a comma to separate the day of the month from the year, and—what most people forget!—always put one after the year, also.

Rule 10. Use a comma to separate a city from its state, and remember to put one after the state, also.

Rule 11. Traditionally, if a person's name is followed by Sr. or Jr., a comma follows the last name: Martin Luther King, Jr. This comma is no longer considered mandatory. However, if a comma does precede Sr. or Jr., another comma must follow the entire name when it appears midsentence.

Rule 12. Similarly, use commas to enclose degrees or titles used with names.

Rule 13a. Use commas to introduce or interrupt direct quotations.

Rule 13b. If the quotation comes before he said, she wrote, they reported, Dana insisted, or a similar attribution, end the quoted material with a comma, even if it is only one word.

Rule 13c. If a quotation functions as a subject or object in a sentence, it might not need a comma.

Rule 13d. If a quoted question ends in midsentence, the question mark replaces a comma.

Rule 14. Use a comma to separate a statement from a question.

Rule 15. Use a comma to separate contrasting parts of a sentence.

Rule 16. If 1-15 all get a bit too much , just use one very long sentence. 

25 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Commas and periods are the most frequently used punctuation marks. Commas customarily indicate a brief pause; they're not as final as periods.

Rule 1. Use commas to separate words and word groups in a simple series of three or more items.

Rule 2. Use a comma to separate two adjectives when the order of the adjectives is interchangeable.

Rule 3a. Many inexperienced writers run two independent clauses together by using a comma instead of a period. This results in the dreaded run-on sentence or, more technically, a comma splice.

Rule 3b. In sentences where two independent clauses are joined by connectors such as and, or, but, etc., put a comma at the end of the first clause.

Rule 3c. If the subject does not appear in front of the second verb, a comma is generally unnecessary.

Rule 4a. When starting a sentence with a dependent clause, use a comma after it.

Rule 4b. A comma is usually unnecessary when the sentence starts with an independent clause followed by a dependent clause

Rule 5. Use commas to set off nonessential words, clauses, and phrases (see Who, That, Which, Rule 2b).

Rule 6. If something or someone is sufficiently identified, the description that follows is considered nonessential and should be surrounded by commas.

Rule 7a. Use a comma after certain words that introduce a sentence, such as well, yes, why, hello, hey, etc.

Rule 7b. Use commas to set off expressions that interrupt the sentence flow (nevertheless, after all, by the way, on the other hand, however, etc.).

Rule 8. Use commas to set off the name, nickname, term of endearment, or title of a person directly addressed.

Rule 9. Use a comma to separate the day of the month from the year, and—what most people forget!—always put one after the year, also.

Rule 10. Use a comma to separate a city from its state, and remember to put one after the state, also.

Rule 11. Traditionally, if a person's name is followed by Sr. or Jr., a comma follows the last name: Martin Luther King, Jr. This comma is no longer considered mandatory. However, if a comma does precede Sr. or Jr., another comma must follow the entire name when it appears midsentence.

Rule 13b. If the quotation comes before he said, she wrote, they reported, Dana insisted, or a similar attribution, end the quoted material with a comma, even if it is only one word.

Rule 13c. If a quotation functions as a subject or object in a sentence, it might not need a comma.

Rule 13d. If a quoted question ends in midsentence, the question mark replaces a comma.

Interesting. The use of commas is subjective although I tend to subscribe to the theory of using them sparingly, especially when typing on the phone. 

The Plain English Campaign also support the use of short sentences, but it's really a matter of personal choice.

I sometimes find short sentences a bit monotonous, whereas a longer sentence can work well, especially in web writing, by meandering a little and releasing the point as it ebbs and flows through to the end of the paragraph.

I guess it's all down to the personality of the writer and how they like to express themselves, and of course, how quickly they are typing!

Having a bad run is one thing, but there seems to be no sign of stopping the rot.

I presume that SL would be asking LJ what he planned to do about it and LJ said, just give me money for more players

So he has the money spent on the players and will be asking for more time for them to settle in.

Then he will ask for yet another transfer window by which time we will be in L1 with dwindling crowd numbers and a wage bill that cant be maintained.  Also a fair few of these players will want to move on too.

I have felt for the last few weeks that LJ should be given more time, but my patience has finally run out.

A change is needed now otherwise it will be too late to avoid the drop, even if it is only a caretaker until the end of the season.

I'm sure LJ has done his best, but this job seems to have come too soon in his managerial career.

The new manager has a very good squad of players now to turn it around.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Don't you lot know anything? If LJ is indeed on here, he'll be hiding in plain sight ie one of the more persistent LJ out posters.

First rule of spy club. Blend in.

I think you will find that's clearly the second rule of spy club...

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It's all just comma sense really.

13 hours ago, NickJ said:

Without  a doubt.

Benni, iamsober, richardedd.

Well you got me!   I joined back in 2011 knowing that I would one day become manager and need to defend myself! 

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure that the only thread I've said anything about Johnson in was the one that was saying there could be no good reason to back him and that people that backed him could actually give any reasons why. In that thread I simply gave my reasons. 

The reaction to me doing that is crazy! Amazingly some people have a different view to you! Since I made those posts I've had pm'd sent to me saying lovely things and even saying I shouldn't try to use facts to defend him! In three people were untreated when anyone like me actually did give reasons even though that was the supposed point of the thread! 

Yet another ridiculous thread on an otherwise good message board. I'm just a normal fan with no attachment to any players or staff. I'm not born in Bristol and have never lived there but been to the city a few times and will continue to do that as I love the city and club. I have defended players and LJ on here and will keep on doing so, i.e. posting my views on here no matter what a few posters on here say. There are a few of them (like the OP) who really cannot grasp the fact of life that there are people with different views to their own.

47 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

Well you got me!   I joined back in 2011 knowing that I would one day become manager and need to defend myself! 

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure that the only thread I've said anything about Johnson in was the one that was saying there could be no good reason to back him and that people that backed him could actually give any reasons why. In that thread I simply gave my reasons. 

The reaction to me doing that is crazy! Amazingly some people have a different view to you! Since I made those posts I've had pm'd sent to me saying lovely things and even saying I shouldn't try to use facts to defend him! In three people were untreated when anyone like me actually did give reasons even though that was the supposed point of the thread! 

Yes apologies I may have got carried away but voices in my head were shouting conspiracy........

24 minutes ago, Benni said:

Yet another ridiculous thread on an otherwise good message board. I'm just a normal fan with no attachment to any players or staff. I'm not born in Bristol and have never lived there but been to the city a few times and will continue to do that as I love the city and club. I have defended players and LJ on here and will keep on doing so, i.e. posting my views on here no matter what a few posters on here say. There are a few of them (like the OP) who really cannot grasp the fact of life that there are people with different views to their own.

What is ridiculous about the thread?

There are some posters who seem to post almost exclusively on defending LJ, but with no more substance than "give him time". It does seem strange.

But, if what you say is taken a face value, just out of interest where were you born if not Bristol (just area if you don't want to say which town) and why do you love the club when you have only been here a few times?

What is ridiculous you ask? Really?? You just cannot accept the fact that people really could have a different opinion to your "correct" one? To suggest that people who stand by the manager are he himself or his family is ridiculously stupid. 

I'm not from England but I know people who have lived in Bristol and I cannot explain why, but I'm just a massive fan from since my first game at AG. The reason why I haven't been on here that much is because l don't like the shit that's dug out on message boards and the bullshit from bullies like you and your friend Mike HH just reminds of that. That's why I'm not saying anything more on this matter or infact anything else. I'm out, enjoy expressing "different views" on here.

On 22/01/2017 at 10:38, Septic Peg said:

Don't you lot know anything? If LJ is indeed on here, he'll be hiding in plain sight ie one of the more persistent LJ out posters.

First rule of spy club. Blend in.

as you mentioned your height the other day are you Lee?

On January 22, 2017 at 01:54, Rednwhiterob said:

On January 22, 2017 at 02:56, CotswoldRed said:

Exactly. 

In view of the utter nonsense of the last three months it is pretty restrained generally. My Thought is there have been some good posts what ever your view and quite a few 'forthright' posts in support of LJ. But the fact is LLLWLLLLLLLL if we disregard cup results which add LDW is deplorable and speaks to everything that people are unhappy about.

it seems SL is going public in support, if true we have our answer. Does the coach have the answer on the field? Who knows but he better find them double quick!

2 hours ago, Benni said:

What is ridiculous you ask? Really?? You just cannot accept the fact that people really could have a different opinion to your "correct" one? To suggest that people who stand by the manager are he himself or his family is ridiculously stupid. 

I'm not from England but I know people who have lived in Bristol and I cannot explain why, but I'm just a massive fan from since my first game at AG. The reason why I haven't been on here that much is because l don't like the shit that's dug out on message boards and the bullshit from bullies like you and your friend Mike HH just reminds of that. That's why I'm not saying anything more on this matter or infact anything else. I'm out, enjoy expressing "different views" on here.

Hey Benni. You're not alone mate. Stand by views and don't give up posting here. For all the 'loud' people who try to put you down there are plenty of others who agree with your view.

One or two posters here struggle to articulate their views without resorting to aggression or antagonism. But they're harmless really and just desperate for attention. Probably links back to their childhood so I cut them some slack.

Anyway, when all said and done we are one City.

On 22 January 2017 at 07:54, Rednwhiterob said:

Have you ever been to Ashton Gate!.......especially recently!

Archived