IGNORED

LJ supporters

The Humble Realist

Few weeks ago I even posted a topic saying give the manager a chance but unfortunately that ship has long sailed and the mans tactics and team formation is shocking and results have not improved so I moved to the Johnson out camp he has not learned and with Barnsley is an unlucky manager move on Lee before the fans revolt at games

3 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Few weeks ago I even posted a topic saying give the manager a chance but unfortunately that ship has long sailed and the mans tactics and team formation is shocking and results have not improved so I moved to the Johnson out camp he has not learned and with Barnsley is an unlucky manager move on Lee before the fans revolt at games

I've been revolted at the last home games already!

1 hour ago, BCFC in my DNA 1957 said:

Ok. I'm one of them. I have called for his sacking but when thinking about it, after I calmed down and after 8 defeats on the trot. I ask you all to now look at our players and ask yourself this question. Have our 11 players who were chosen to go out and perform for our club, played in a professional manner?

i am saying...1. The Head Coach said he takes responsibility for the result but was he the one playing on the pitch?

2. Was he the one who couldn't be bothered i.e...First half. Are they professionals or do they just play when they feel like it?

3. Head coach and players are to blame. So should we sack the lot of them?

4. A Head coach is only as good as his players allow him to be, so, we should ask the question...Players get paid big money and should not dictate the terms of play and undermining the Head coach. So, should hefty fines be imposed for crappy performances?

They should be made to remember that we the supporters are the ones who ultimately pay their wages and from what I've seen, naming no names within the team.

5.  Are they actually committed to playing for B.C.F.C?

Well LJ signed most of them as fitted in to his player profile criteria after dismantling what was an ok side

I'm still on the side of giving LJ more time, while things have been bad, he has tried to put those things right by changing the players in the team who have for the majority of the time made the mistakes or not performed to the required standard.

He has brought in new players who everyone on here have praised for their quality & he's even changed the formation (something that SC was accused of not doing).

I find it hard to blame LJ for the fact that for a large majority of the season that the players that the majority of us would of also picked have decided not to perform until the 2nd half of most games & by that time we have been a goal down & it's backs against the wall time & that has left us playing catch-up football in a large majority of games & yet still, in all but one game that we've been beaten in, we have only lost by the one goal unlike defeats prior to LJ coming in.

I'm sure LJ hasn't sent the players out with the instructions of sitting back & allowing the opposition to go a goal up in the majority of games.

As has been pointed out, the large majority of signings are all players that for the most part that us as fans are happy with along with the majority of the players that have been sold on (maybe Ayling allowing) so what would anyone have done differently? Changed the players around? DONE. Changed the formation? DONE. Bring in better players to the squad? DONE.

So, those that want LJ to be sacked, what else do you expect LJ to do & what do you think any new manager would do differently to turn things around? Because any new manager will expect millions more to sign their own players & that will take another year or so before they get their own players in.

LJ has always said it would take 3 transfer windows, he's halfway through his 2nd!!

It's the players who have not performed in the first half of games!! It's the players who have made the individual mistakes!! And it's the players that have contrived to throw away leads in the last 5 minutes of games, the very same players that 99% of us were excited by their arrivals.

I'd rather give LJ the opportunity to put his plan in place & to fulfill his objective rather than giving the job to someone else who will want to be judged after a year or two down the line. I'd like to think LJ will be given until after next January's transfer window to be judged on properly, after all, let's not forget that at the start of the season when Tammy was banging them in & we were in the play-off positions, the majority of the same people that are now calling for LJ's head were getting all excited about promotion to The Premier League & how we were going to spend the £15m we had got from JK's transfer out. 

Unfortunately for some, this is real life & not Football Manager or FIFA & what we are going through at the moment just shows how truly fickle football fans are!! We could be in a far worse position, we could be owned by any number of foreign owners who have contrived to ruin the likes of Forest, Blackburn, Charlton, Cardiff, Hull & Leeds!! I sure as hell hope that we never become a club that sacks a manager every season but it seems like some are expecting this to be the norm!!

1 hour ago, bcfcfinker said:

An invite is sent out to LJ supporters for comment, anyone who pops their head above the parapet is shot at, it is then wondered why no comments of support are made and then the lack of comment is seen as proof that there are no LJ supporters. Carry on kidding yourselves.

I have no doubt that LJ is in a very precarious place at the moment and I suspect that at best he'll be given till the Rotherham game to get a win.

Considering that we've lost 8 on the trot, we still aren't in the relegation zone. I find this to be quite incredible and to a certain extent a demonstration that we are not the worst 3 in the league. I don't know if this form will continue but I do know it's nothing to do with LJ's height (as much as some of the emotionally stunted on our board would like height to be a good indicator of football management).

If we were truly shite, I'd be expecting cricket scores (some on here would like us to be given a good shoeing and win every other game... as if). While losing is losing, this fact (of not getting a shoeing) gives me confidence that there isn't much wrong with the team. The question is: Is it LJ? Is it the team? Is it the board? Is it the fans? Or is it written in the starts? The answer is probably a combination of all of these things (woe betide the person who blames the fans).

Do I think making the big change of sacking LJ will fix it? We might get that bounce until the next manager finds himself on the same 'sack him' slippery slope. My answer is therefore no.

We started our campaign well this season (this is apparent because our current form is shite and we are still above the relegation zone), I like what's been brought in over the transfer period so far and even 'if' LJ is a shite manager, I don't think even he could fail to keep us up. Over the years that I've been watching footy, I've seen supposedly shite managers given a chance and then turn things around (and vice versa). It's an unfortunate thing that we live in a society that looks to the short term and wants everything right now. Certain things I can be patient with.

If he's sacked, then we wait and see how short the spin cycle is for the next one.

Oh, and if this approach makes me a LJ supporter, then so be it. Don't get into a froth about it, people have different approaches to life so get over yourselves.

An excellent post.

2 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

He needs to go, everybody but the billionaire can see it

I've helped you with what I think you are trying to say (unless you really did want to say 'He needs to go everybody...'?)

I'd like to remove myself from the 'everybody' crowd. So that's '... bcfcfinker and the billionaire can see it' (there might be one or two others?).

Please don't assume that the crowd speaks for me or that I will be intimidated by the crowd.

2 hours ago, WRERE said:

I'm still with him. For me the players have let him down massively with so many mistakes being made , and a new manager doesn't rectify all of that. There are some decisions that I don't understand why he made them but he's still young and learning and I believe that he has a good future in football management and we could look back on the sacking with regret. The fact that people get on his back over the smallest of things and often contradict themselves just to do it is laughable. I hope SL sticks with him and we turn it around , I'd like to see some of the reactions of certain posters. 

He's a manager…….the clue is in his job description.  It's about time he did some feckin managing

Here is what I posted in the previous thread.

His win percentage with the club 42.22% is actually pretty good and 12th highest in the league (0.7% higher and it would be 8th best in the league).

We have been incredibly unlucky in multiple games and I can think of a least 4 in this bad run we would have won if we had better decisions from the officials.

We are not in our position through a lack of chances created (highest in the country last time I checked!)

Because he is a young manager who needs backing if we're to get the best out of him. He showed in the way he turned things around last season what he can do. He did the same in the opening games of the season, many of which we picked up points in because of his substitutions and tactical changes.  

Because until this run, he was considered by many to be one of the most promising English managers around.

Because who do you think is we would be able to get as a replacement? Who would come to the club right now and make everything so much better? And actually showing we are a club that gives are managers a chance makes it easier to attract managers in the future.

Because changing manager during a transfer window would make it harder to get players.

Because actually most of us agree the signings we have made have been good. You can give credit to others for that too, but part of or recruitment is based on the good working relationship he has with our recruitment team. And from what we've heard we quite probably would not have signed Tammy without him.

I can totally understand why some people have had enough - everyone has a breaking point for how much time they would give him, for some it was before we'd played a game, for most its come over time. If the run of losses continues they'll be a point where my opinion will turn, we just haven't got to that point yet.

I think about it like this: If we reversed our fixtures how would I feel about him as our manager? If we'd started with the bad run and were now winning games like we were at the start of the season how would you think about him? If your answer is you'd support him then I'd say that your current feelings are about a bad run of form, not his managerial ability. And if you feel like that (which I do) then I'd say you should be backing him.

46 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I'm still on the side of giving LJ more time, while things have been bad, he has tried to put those things right by changing the players in the team who have for the majority of the time made the mistakes or not performed to the required standard.

He has brought in new players who everyone on here have praised for their quality & he's even changed the formation (something that SC was accused of not doing).

I find it hard to blame LJ for the fact that for a large majority of the season that the players that the majority of us would of also picked have decided not to perform until the 2nd half of most games & by that time we have been a goal down & it's backs against the wall time & that has left us playing catch-up football in a large majority of games & yet still, in all but one game that we've been beaten in, we have only lost by the one goal unlike defeats prior to LJ coming in.

I'm sure LJ hasn't sent the players out with the instructions of sitting back & allowing the opposition to go a goal up in the majority of games.

As has been pointed out, the large majority of signings are all players that for the most part that us as fans are happy with along with the majority of the players that have been sold on (maybe Ayling allowing) so what would anyone have done differently? Changed the players around? DONE. Changed the formation? DONE. Bring in better players to the squad? DONE.

So, those that want LJ to be sacked, what else do you expect LJ to do & what do you think any new manager would do differently to turn things around? Because any new manager will expect millions more to sign their own players & that will take another year or so before they get their own players in.

LJ has always said it would take 3 transfer windows, he's halfway through his 2nd!!

It's the players who have not performed in the first half of games!! It's the players who have made the individual mistakes!! And it's the players that have contrived to throw away leads in the last 5 minutes of games, the very same players that 99% of us were excited by their arrivals.

I'd rather give LJ the opportunity to put his plan in place & to fulfill his objective rather than giving the job to someone else who will want to be judged after a year or two down the line. I'd like to think LJ will be given until after next January's transfer window to be judged on properly, after all, let's not forget that at the start of the season when Tammy was banging them in & we were in the play-off positions, the majority of the same people that are now calling for LJ's head were getting all excited about promotion to The Premier League & how we were going to spend the £15m we had got from JK's transfer out. 

Unfortunately for some, this is real life & not Football Manager or FIFA & what we are going through at the moment just shows how truly fickle football fans are!! We could be in a far worse position, we could be owned by any number of foreign owners who have contrived to ruin the likes of Forest, Blackburn, Charlton, Cardiff, Hull & Leeds!! I sure as hell hope that we never become a club that sacks a manager every season but it seems like some are expecting this to be the norm!!

my head hurts, and its not just from last nights cider

I'll go against the grain and give him until the Rotherham game. No win by then and I think his position becomes untenable.

But I do think it can be turned around. He has assembled some really good players and all the new ones look good to me. Just whether he can get them playing or not is the big question. I don't actually think he is too far away - just one goal defeats suggests as much. But whether he can sort it out in time, I'm not so sure. But I'm willing to give him a bit more time as I really don't like sacking managers in general.

I was behind LJ and still believe if he is in charge we won't go down but I feel now is time to change. I say that because IMO he's lost the players and a small minority of fans.

My one big problem with him is he doesn't know his best team. The chopping and changing has unsettled the boat.

Im still 100% behind SL and respect what ever he decides. To be honest if he sees these idiots that have put these banners up around our new £47 million stadium I wouldn't be surprised if he just sold up. 

I'm not sure some of our fans deserve a owner like SL.

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I was behind LJ and still believe if he is in charge we won't go down but I feel now is time to change. I say that because IMO he's lost the players and a small minority of fans.

My one big problem with him is he doesn't know his best team. The chopping and changing has unsettled the boat.

Im still 100% behind SL and respect what ever he decides. To be honest if he sees these idiots that have put these banners up around our new £47 million stadium I wouldn't be surprised if he just sold up. 

I'm not sure some of our fans deserve a owner like SL.

Do you genuinely believe that ?

Just now, Spoons said:

I still think away from the otib bubble it's Probaly 50/50 stay or go for majority of fans?? So I was wrong to say small minority but otib isn't the best place to get a feel of things!

That isn't the mood I get from those sitting around me, Spoons. And bearing in mind I sit in a comparatively expensive area, I'm not surrounded by total boneheads.

I think the overwhelming majority of fans would either actively want, or understand at least, Lee's sacking. 

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I still think away from the otib bubble it's Probaly 50/50 stay or go for majority of fans?? So I was wrong to say small minority but otib isn't the best place to get a feel of things!

It is if you enjoy getting everything completely out of proportion.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

That isn't the mood I get from those sitting around me, Spoons. And bearing in mind I sit in a comparatively expensive area, I'm not surrounded by total boneheads.

I think the overwhelming majority of fans would either actively want, or understand at least, Lee's sacking. 

Same here I sit block E dolman , mixed views. 

7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

cant agree with that, not one fan i know wants lj to stay, pub i was in last night all wanted him gone.

6 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I don't think OTIB is as much of a 'bubble' as everyone makes out; on issues like this, we've seen (and still see) a pretty broad range of views, and I'd suggest it is representative.

I fail to believe that everyone on here is of one mind, and every other City fan is thinking the opposite.  

Might be more of a mix, sure; but think the pressure on LJ isn't exclusively coming from here.

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I work in an office with fans from a large number of different clubs (Hull, Leeds, Coventry, York, Newcastle, Villa, and of course plenty of Premiership glory hunters...), and though usually focused on their own teams, in the last few weeks they have all started bringing up and talking to me about our run - to a person, they are bemused that our manager/head coach is still in place.  

And while they might not be representative of all fans of football in general  either, they show that on a run as appalling as this, we're making the wrong kind of headlines, and how anyone can think that LJ is insulated from what is football's bottom line (i.e. results) is beyond me,

Archived