IGNORED

LJ supporters

The Humble Realist

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

?? No I'm just a realist who understands there is a world that exists outside of the otib bubble!!

Yes I quite agree! As I said on a thread yesterday the vitriolic reactions on otib were not what I saw at Forest yesterday. If people were anti LJ it certainly didn't come out in the form of an chants or protests etc.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Has the 'quiet seething' not reached your block yet Spoons  ?

;)

:yes:

What happens when the whole Dolman begins to seeth quietly , in unison :blink:

My old man is definatly in the LJ out camp but most round me agreed if we given LJ cash to spend etc we should back him, I understand that is harder to believe now.

3 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I'm still on the side of giving LJ more time, while things have been bad, he has tried to put those things right by changing the players in the team who have for the majority of the time made the mistakes or not performed to the required standard.

He has brought in new players who everyone on here have praised for their quality & he's even changed the formation (something that SC was accused of not doing).

I find it hard to blame LJ for the fact that for a large majority of the season that the players that the majority of us would of also picked have decided not to perform until the 2nd half of most games & by that time we have been a goal down & it's backs against the wall time & that has left us playing catch-up football in a large majority of games & yet still, in all but one game that we've been beaten in, we have only lost by the one goal unlike defeats prior to LJ coming in.

I'm sure LJ hasn't sent the players out with the instructions of sitting back & allowing the opposition to go a goal up in the majority of games.

As has been pointed out, the large majority of signings are all players that for the most part that us as fans are happy with along with the majority of the players that have been sold on (maybe Ayling allowing) so what would anyone have done differently? Changed the players around? DONE. Changed the formation? DONE. Bring in better players to the squad? DONE.

So, those that want LJ to be sacked, what else do you expect LJ to do & what do you think any new manager would do differently to turn things around? Because any new manager will expect millions more to sign their own players & that will take another year or so before they get their own players in.

LJ has always said it would take 3 transfer windows, he's halfway through his 2nd!!

It's the players who have not performed in the first half of games!! It's the players who have made the individual mistakes!! And it's the players that have contrived to throw away leads in the last 5 minutes of games, the very same players that 99% of us were excited by their arrivals.

I'd rather give LJ the opportunity to put his plan in place & to fulfill his objective rather than giving the job to someone else who will want to be judged after a year or two down the line. I'd like to think LJ will be given until after next January's transfer window to be judged on properly, after all, let's not forget that at the start of the season when Tammy was banging them in & we were in the play-off positions, the majority of the same people that are now calling for LJ's head were getting all excited about promotion to The Premier League & how we were going to spend the £15m we had got from JK's transfer out. 

Unfortunately for some, this is real life & not Football Manager or FIFA & what we are going through at the moment just shows how truly fickle football fans are!! We could be in a far worse position, we could be owned by any number of foreign owners who have contrived to ruin the likes of Forest, Blackburn, Charlton, Cardiff, Hull & Leeds!! I sure as hell hope that we never become a club that sacks a manager every season but it seems like some are expecting this to be the norm!!

Best reply I have read for a long time, pretty much my thoughts. If it wasn't for that international break I don't think we would be in the position we are in now, it seemed to screw our team up. Also Tammy wants a good kick up the ass. 

25 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I can't really defend LJ anymore and would understand if he was sacked, however I have absolutely no faith in the club to replace him.

Totally agree.

I don't want to see him sacked but his position is completely untenable now.

I have absolutely no faith that the board will bring in the right person though.

Just been chatting to my daughter who was at Anfield with her Liverpool supporting boyfriend yesterday...apparently some in the Anfield crowd were suggesting that Klopp ought to be available soon...

Which prompts a guffaw because he obviously wouldn't come here...and also the observation that Liverpool are clearly a lot less patient than we are!

41 minutes ago, samo II said:

I don't think OTIB is as much of a 'bubble' as everyone makes out; on issues like this, we've seen (and still see) a pretty broad range of views, and I'd suggest it is representative.

I fail to believe that everyone on here is of one mind, and every other City fan is thinking the opposite.  

Might be more of a mix, sure; but think the pressure on LJ isn't exclusively coming from here.

I work in an office with fans from a large number of different clubs (Hull, Leeds, Coventry, York, Newcastle, Villa, and of course plenty of Premiership glory hunters...), and though usually focused on their own teams, in the last few weeks they have all started bringing up and talking to me about our run - to a person, they are bemused that our manager/head coach is still in place.  

And while they might not be representative of all fans of football in general  either, they show that on a run as appalling as this, we're making the wrong kind of headlines, and how anyone can think that LJ is insulated from what is football's bottom line (i.e. results) is beyond me,

Agreed...if 90% of OTIB folk, who are among the more obsessed, are against the manager the tectonic plates are shifting...I've also found that the supporters of other clubs have started to notice just how remarkably bad our run has become...

@Tipps69

Taking one of your paragraphs rather than the whole thing:

"I find it hard to blame LJ for the fact that for a large majority of the season that the players that the majority of us would of also picked have decided not to perform until the 2nd half of most games & by that time we have been a goal down & it's backs against the wall time & that has left us playing catch-up football in a large majority of games & yet still, in all but one game that we've been beaten in, we have only lost by the one goal unlike defeats prior to LJ coming in."

i'm being a bit facetious but I haven't matched one of Lee's line-ups once this season.  He has not picked the side I thought or hoped he would, in some weeks I've gone with 1) the line-up I wanted AND 2) the team I thought he'd pick.  I got both wrong.  Every game!

I would still like him to put it right and be a success....I just don't think he deserves any more time.

Pre-game Reading I started to worry - Taylor Moore, Adam Matthews, Lloyd Kelly 'fiasco' (no slur on Kelly).  That was a sign of weakness and poor team decision making.  I was happy for us to play a negative game, so that wasn't my worry,

From that point my doubts increased.  Even after Cardiff / pre-Fleetwood I was still challenging myself, perhaps I was being hasty, illogical?

Unfortunately I've got to the point where I think we need someone else in.  Should the board decide to keep LJ, the. I hope he repays their faith.

I feel like I'm being the fickle fan....perhaps I am.

I admire your view.  Fair play to you.

35 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Best reply I have read for a long time, pretty much my thoughts. If it wasn't for that international break I don't think we would be in the position we are in now, it seemed to screw our team up. Also Tammy wants a good kick up the ass. 

Would that be Tammy "5 goals in his last 5 league starts" Abraham?

If you think he needs a "good kick up the ass" then I'd better not ask your views of some of his team mates like Adam Matthews..

6 hours ago, handsofclay said:

Despite a few recent narrow defeats we are still in a better position than when LJ took over and we have a far stronger squad at our disposal, this despite having sold the striker who kept us in this division last season. We are going through a period of transformation from a relegation haunted team to one who can be competitive at this level. I have confidence this will be the eventual outcome. We are competitive in matches unlike before LJ's arrival.

Stick with it and we will be rewarded. Panic and we will be doomed to more upheaval and be as far away from the promised land as ever.

Can dismissing a coach after 13 defeats in 16 really be described as a "panic"?

I'd actually be quite up for seeing a bit of panic from the board now. It would at least suggest recognition of the problem.

What really worries me about him (and I'm willing to give him some more time as I said before) is all season long we have pretty struggled in the first half. So he used to change it and get us playing well 2nd half. I was concerned that may catch-up with us at some point. But now we seem to do OK in first half and lose it in the last 15/20 mins. Very worrying how he isn't learning. We just haven't been able to put in a 90 minute performance all season - its odd.

We are going backwards and he needs to arrest that very quickly and get these talented players going.

Archived