IGNORED

LJ supporters

The Humble Realist

6 hours ago, WRERE said:

I hope SL stick with him is that I wrote , I know we will turn it around if LJ is given time and the players pull their fingers out. Progress? Did you forget where we were this time last year and what happened when LJ came in? There's progress in our first team , youth team and staff. 

Progress? Seriously ? . Perhaps you could draw a graph showing the last 20 games. We can then follow this progression, should be very interesting!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Tipps69

Taking one of your paragraphs rather than the whole thing:

"I find it hard to blame LJ for the fact that for a large majority of the season that the players that the majority of us would of also picked have decided not to perform until the 2nd half of most games & by that time we have been a goal down & it's backs against the wall time & that has left us playing catch-up football in a large majority of games & yet still, in all but one game that we've been beaten in, we have only lost by the one goal unlike defeats prior to LJ coming in."

i'm being a bit facetious but I haven't matched one of Lee's line-ups once this season.  He has not picked the side I thought or hoped he would, in some weeks I've gone with 1) the line-up I wanted AND 2) the team I thought he'd pick.  I got both wrong.  Every game!

I would still like him to put it right and be a success....I just don't think he deserves any more time.

Pre-game Reading I started to worry - Taylor Moore, Adam Matthews, Lloyd Kelly 'fiasco' (no slur on Kelly).  That was a sign of weakness and poor team decision making.  I was happy for us to play a negative game, so that wasn't my worry,

From that point my doubts increased.  Even after Cardiff / pre-Fleetwood I was still challenging myself, perhaps I was being hasty, illogical?

Unfortunately I've got to the point where I think we need someone else in.  Should the board decide to keep LJ, the. I hope he repays their faith.

I feel like I'm being the fickle fan....perhaps I am.

I admire your view.  Fair play to you.

I guess part of my view is that while we're on a terrible run, he's never denied any of it & has held his hands up & admitted as much & with regards to team selection, maybe I'm just comparing LJ to SC and the mess that SC got in with his team selections while never wanting to change personnel (that may of been to a lack of options which was partly his own doing) while LJ is actively searching for the right formula, from trying the entire squad & changing formation.

Now it's pretty much common sense that signing a large number of new players in a short space of time means that it could cause some team upheaval while they all get used to their new surroundings & in some cases a way of life & I'm sure it was mentioned during the summer that this maybe a problem & while we seemed to avoid it that much over the summer, we may not of got so lucky in this window.

Now I'm not saying this is the reason but it could be a factor.

And I know this always gets brought up when there are voices of discontent & people want the manager out but "look what happened with Sir Alex Ferguson"........ If Man Utd had given up on him, history itself would of been rewritten, SIR Alex Ferguson more than likely wouldn't of been a Sir & Man Utd probably wouldn't of had the success they had over the last 25 years or so. Now I'm not saying that LJ is going to earn a knighthood by being with us but I just don't think that having arrived here with an obvious long term game plan that we should then release him literally a year into that long term game plan.

The problem has come because we started the season so well & that has got those very same people that are now calling for his head all excited & expecting promotion to The Premier League, which was always a pipe dream for this season at least.

You only have to look at the money spent by some clubs in The Championship, not just this season but over the last 3 or 4 seasons, Newcastle, Villa, Brighton, Derby, Wednesday, Wolves, Leeds, Reading & Fulham have all spent large amounts over the years & will continue to do so, we've spent properly over 6 months or so, we are along way off of being able to compete properly in this division unless we have a lucky season ala 2007/8 and too many people expect us to be a division above because of the likes of Stoke, Bournemouth, Watford, Southampton, Leicester, West Brom, Burnley, Middlesbrough, Swansea, Palace & Hull are already there yet they're of a similar size to us plus all those other clubs that have made it that are now below us (Blackpool, Portsmouth etc).

I just think people should be careful of what they wish for.......

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Progress? Seriously ? . Perhaps you could draw a graph showing the last 20 games. We can then follow this progression, should be very interesting!

I tell you what would be more interesting , if you actually read what I had written! Where has your selective 20 games came from?

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

That isn't the mood I get from those sitting around me, Spoons. And bearing in mind I sit in a comparatively expensive area, I'm not surrounded by total boneheads.

I think the overwhelming majority of fans would either actively want, or understand at least, Lee's sacking. 

Did you not see Trump's inauguration?  He's very rich and was completely surrounded by boneheads.  Perhaps you aren't looking closely enough for the boneheads.....

Just now, Chivs said:

Did you not see Trump's inauguration?  He's very rich and was completely surrounded by boneheads.  Perhaps you aren't looking closely enough for the boneheads.....

But the bloke hasn't even got a s/t, how could he be trusted. Never once seen him down the Coopers.... ;)

Your last sentence is very true!

I don't get the Ferguson comparison and I know you're not using it really, but Ferguson had won a title in a two horse race where Aberdeen weren't either of the horses!  The Scottish Prem was not that inferior to our top flight in those days. He won a Euro Cup proving he had tactical nous too.  He deserved time.  I hate Ferguson (LFC fan), but I couldn't compare him to LJ, or their bad runs.  Apples and pears in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I guess part of my view is that while we're on a terrible run, he's never denied any of it & has held his hands up & admitted as much & with regards to team selection, maybe I'm just comparing LJ to SC and the mess that SC got in with his team selections while never wanting to change personnel (that may of been to a lack of options which was partly his own doing) while LJ is actively searching for the right formula, from trying the entire squad & changing formation.

And I know this always gets brought up when there are voices of discontent & people want the manager out but "look what happened with Sir Alex Ferguson"........ If Man Utd had given up on him, history itself would of been rewritten, SIR Alex Ferguson more than likely wouldn't of been a Sir & Man Utd probably wouldn't of had the success they had over the last 25 years or so. Now I'm not saying that LJ is going to earn a knighthood by being with us but I just don't think that having arrived here with an obvious long term game plan that we should then release him literally a year into that long term game plan.

The problem has come because we started the season so well & that has got those very same people that are now calling for his head all excited & expecting promotion to The Premier League, which was always a pipe dream for this season at least.

You only have to look at the money spent by some clubs in The Championship, not just this season but over the last 3 or 4 seasons, Newcastle, Villa, Brighton, Derby, Wednesday, Wolves, Leeds, Reading & Fulham have all spent large amounts over the years & will continue to do so, we've spent properly over 6 months or so, we are along way off of being able to compete properly in this division unless we have a lucky season ala 2007/8 and too many people expect us to be a division above because of the likes of Stoke, Bournemouth, Watford, Southampton, Leicester, West Brom, Burnley, Middlesbrough, Swansea, Palace & Hull are already there yet they're of a similar size to us plus all those other clubs that have made it that are now below us (Blackpool, Portsmouth etc).

I just think people should be careful of what they wish for.......

Dear oh dear.

Firstly you appear to want to give him credit for admitting we are losing every week (we are, everyone knows that) and for having no idea of either his best team or formation. What is that sound I can hear? It sounds very much like clutching at straws to me...

That Alex Ferguson comparison stuff, is just nonsense, isn't it? There is no comparison in any way, shape or form between the two of them. It could equally well (not) apply to every other manager who has lost his job this season.

As for that Premier League dream, I think I can safely say 10 defeats from our last eleven league games will have made even those super optimists who were talking about the play offs early on revise their ambitions to something more realistic, like maybe 21st.

I'll tell you what, I'll bet you £50 that if he is still in charge for our last game of the season we will be relegated, how about that?

2 minutes ago, WRERE said:

I tell you what would be more interesting , if you actually read what I had written! Where has your selective 20 games came from?

Your telling me we are progressing, Progress ( as far as I understand it) is getting better. There are absolutely zero signs of any progress. LJ has literally bought in a new squad of players, spent more money than 90% of teams this division, and has led us to be below 90% of those teams in the league table.

Are you seriously trying to score a point by comparing our league position from when SC was sacked to now?? 

SC was 2-3 players short of having a good Championship side, he had a tight knit group of players that would run through fire for him, it only needed a slight tinkering in personnel. Instead, LJ has ripped the heart out of the squad, bought player after player in, and spent the most money of any City manager ever.

His coaching credentials are zero in my eyes, he's used money to cover up his obvious inibility to be able to make players better on the training ground. He gets 5 days a week to work with these players, 5 days a week to come up with a game plan and a shape, but he still can't coach a team of players to not concede 3 goals in the last quarter of a game, twice in 3 weeks.

8 defeats in 8 games,12 defeats in 13 games, dropping down the league like a stone, yeah, that's real progress isn't it. I would love to read your definition of failure.

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Dear oh dear.

Firstly you appear to want to give him credit for admitting we are losing every week (we are, everyone knows that) and for having no idea of either his best team or formation. What is that sound I can hear? It sounds very much like clutching at straws to me...

That Alex Ferguson comparison stuff, is just nonsense, isn't it? There is no comparison in any way, shape or form between the two of them. It could equally well (not) apply to every other manager who has lost his job this season.

As for that Premier League dream, I think I can safely say 10 defeats from our last eleven league games will have made even those super optimists who were talking about the play offs early on revise their ambitions to something more realistic, like maybe 21st.

I'll tell you what, I'll bet you £50 that if he is still in charge for our last game of the season we will be relegated, how about that?

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I'm speechless

:argh:

And there was me trying to remain 'diplomatic' (For once !) to his post Graham

And you rip,it up like that !!:blink:

Well said !!! :clapping:

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Dear oh dear.

But on the same token, while we were in the play-offs come September, I wasn't gloating to all and sundry that we were going to get promoted!!

As I mentioned previously, I guess I'm comparing him to the mess that was left behind by SC & maybe that's wrong of me.

I just find it all a little amusing that the same people that were shouting about promotion in September & stating how much sense LJ talks & how great he is doing are the very same people that now want him sacked although by his own admission he asked for three transfer windows to be judged on & yet here we are a year later & one & a half transfer windows in & let's sack him!!

For the record, I wasn't hugely impressed when SC got the sack, was more than a little sceptical when LJ got the job & I'd be a little disappointed if he was to get the boot now!! He came here with a long term objective & I don't consider a year into that plan being long enough to be able to put much into plan!!

But what do I know? Clearly a lot less than the forum God.......

As for your £50, I'd love to be able to take you up on it but I'm not in a financial position to go making such bets.

1 hour ago, samo II said:

Noticed this on Twitter;

bcfc.jpg

The manipulation of numbers, truly a wonder to see.

To demonstrate.

I believe that when SC was sacked (Jan 14th 2016), we were in the relegation zone (2 points behind 4th from bottom I believe), City were on 21 points with a points difference of -23

At the same point in the season (around Jan 14th 2017), we are above the relegation zone, with 27 points and a points difference of -2 (maybe -3?).

So, if you want to do comparisons, at least make the like for like relevant.

1 minute ago, bcfcfinker said:

The manipulation of numbers, truly a wonder to see.

To demonstrate.

I believe that when SC was sacked (Jan 14th 2016), we were in the relegation zone (2 points behind 4th from bottom I believe), City were on 21 points with a points difference of -23

At the same point in the season (around Jan 14th 2017), we are above the relegation zone, with 27 points and a points difference of -2 (maybe -3?).

So, if you want to do comparisons, at least make the like for like relevant.

I wonder how much money has been spent during this period!!!

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And there was me trying to remain 'diplomatic' (For once !) to his post Graham

And you rip,it up like that !!:blink:

Well said !!! :clapping:

And aren't you a hero?!?

Considering the two posts that you are talking about are two different posts but don't let that get in the way hey, I guess you're still poorly from those apples!!

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

I wonder how much money has been spent during this period!!!

A question or an exclamation?

A like for like comparison with real figures was given.

Now instead of giving a vague comment, why do you not do the same? You are clearly trying to make a point, so why don't you do it with real figures so that we can determine the relevance?

Just now, bcfcfinker said:

A question or an exclamation?

A like for like comparison with real figures was given.

Now instead of giving a vague comment, why do you not do the same? You are clearly trying to make a point, so why don't you do it with real figures so that we can determine the relevance?

Look it all very simple, How much did Cotts spend when in the Championship and how much has been spent since LJ took over. If you really want me to get the numbers I will but we both know that isn't necessary

Just now, Londoner said:

Look it all very simple, How much did Cotts spend when in the Championship and how much has been spent since LJ took over. If you really want me to get the numbers I will but we both know that isn't necessary

Cotterill hadn't sold someone for 14m.

In the season he won us the L1 title, he did spend more than all his rivals.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Can dismissing a coach after 13 defeats in 16 really be described as a "panic"?

I'd actually be quite up for seeing a bit of panic from the board now. It would at least suggest recognition of the problem.

It can be described as a panic when we aren't even in the relegation zone.

11 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Your telling me we are progressing, Progress ( as far as I understand it) is getting better. There are absolutely zero signs of any progress. LJ has literally bought in a new squad of players, spent more money than 90% of teams this division, and has led us to be below 90% of those teams in the league table.

Are you seriously trying to score a point by comparing our league position from when SC was sacked to now?? 

SC was 2-3 players short of having a good Championship side, he had a tight knit group of players that would run through fire for him, it only needed a slight tinkering in personnel. Instead, LJ has ripped the heart out of the squad, bought player after player in, and spent the most money of any City manager ever.

His coaching credentials are zero in my eyes, he's used money to cover up his obvious inibility to be able to make players better on the training ground. He gets 5 days a week to work with these players, 5 days a week to come up with a game plan and a shape, but he still can't coach a team of players to not concede 3 goals in the last quarter of a game, twice in 3 weeks.

8 defeats in 8 games,12 defeats in 13 games, dropping down the league like a stone, yeah, that's real progress isn't it. I would love to read your definition of failure.

So you see no progress from when LJ took over to now? Not one bit? Whether that be before this bad run. The game vs Ipswitch (away) we were a shambles and recently (until yesterday) we had improved but we hadn't gotten the results we should've. Is your point that because he's spent more than 90% of teams in the division he should be higher than them? If so that's bloody stupid.  

Score a point? No. We're talking about if LJ has made any progress with the club since he's taken over , and he has. 

Managers haven't different philosophies , opinions and preferences. LJ obviously decided they didn't suit what he needed so he got rid , what's the problem? Maybe when a new manager has taken over we should tell them that certain players can't be sold because they get on so well. 

Then it's good you're not hugely involved with football. There are a lot of clubs and personell who are impressed with Johnson , maybe not in the current state but at least a year ago. 

7 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Maybe he shouldn't of spent the summer trying to sign players we had no chance in signing for big fees , so I'm sure the money was there. It also helps we sold our best player for a big fee that could be reinvested.

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Cotterill hadn't sold someone for 14m.

In the season he won us the L1 title, he did spend more than all his rivals.

Yes league 1, good observation well done, completely no relevance whatsoever when we are in the championship and then compared to champ sides

1 minute ago, WRERE said:

Maybe he shouldn't of spent the summer trying to sign players we had no chance in signing for big fees , so I'm sure the money was there. It also helps we sold our best player for a big fee that could be reinvested.

What has the money gained for kodjia got to do with it? LJ has had the money, it has been spent, and we have not progressed on the pitch. It is not hard to understand.

4 minutes ago, Londoner said:

If it's simple, then let's have the figures.

Just now, Londoner said:

Yes league 1, good observation well done, completely no relevance whatsoever when we are in the championship and then compared to champ sides

Your post implied that Cotterill failed because SL was unwilling to give him the resources to compete. Not only was he given more resources than anyone else in L1 in 2014/15, but Lansdown was prepared to bankroll two club record bids in the summer of 2015.

Cotts himself admitted he had problems identifying any players he wanted to bring in. He kept faith in the players and system he'd played in L1. 

He had one significant disadvantage over Johnson, FFP meant he had less to spend on wages. In terms of overall spending, Lee has not even spent all the money he got in. He's carbon neutral!

Archived