IGNORED

The only reason I'm confident we can still stay up

ciderbeans

50 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Because Rotherham, Blackburn, burton and Wigan are below us and no matter how bad we are, they will be worse

Very naive. Burton is a tough place to go and they will pick up points at home. Blackburn have done the double over Newcastle and have some decent players. Don't think they'll go down.

Rotherham yes and Wigan not so sure.

I would not class finishing 20th as "progress".

1 hour ago, ciderbeans said:

Because Rotherham, Blackburn, burton and Wigan are below us and no matter how bad we are, they will be worse

This has got to be the most foolish and arrogant post this weekend, all of these teams have picked up points in their last 8 games! The thought that the board might be thinking along these lines is simply terrifying, to think that teams are below us now means they will finish below us is ludicrous, 11 defeats in 12 is not just a blip its relegation form and with our next run of fixtures could get a hell of a lot worse! RELEGATION IS A VERY REAL THREAT

Lets stop kidding ourselves,if the sorcerers apprentice remains in control we will go down, no good relying on other teams to save our bacon,TBH i cant see us winning another game,hope as much as you want but the damage is already done because what we lack is inspiration and a fighting spirit and that's one recipe that the incumbent that's running the show will never concoct .:ranting:     

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Yesterday was supposedly "a big game".

Meant against the "better" teams. We've played well against the 3 that come down granted all in August. Just think we'll have an extra focus in those games and get a result. We don't have a bad squad. 

21 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Meant against the "better" teams. We've played well against the 3 that come down granted all in August. Just think we'll have an extra focus in those games and get a result. We don't have a bad squad. 

I don't know about that; we lost to both Norwich and Newcastle, and were abject and losing at half time against Villa, with an incredibly turn around getting us the points.

And the problem we face is even if we did win one or those games, it wouldn't be enough unless we start routinely beating sides around us - and the last eight games prove conclusively we simply cannot do that.

I'm sorry, but LJ has shown nothing to suggest he can motivate the team to beat form or high quality teams; I do not see us getting the points required with him in charge.

2 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

Would that be the Rotherham that recently beat Norwich?  The Blackburn that recently beat Newcastle?  And the Wigan that have won two on the bounce?

Deluded.

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Would that be the Rotherham that recently beat Norwich?  The Blackburn that recently beat Newcastle?  And the Wigan that have won two on the bounce?

Deluded.

And there lays the problem for us. Assuming we can beat all 4 of the sides down the bottom then great... 

But while they claw back and progress at the right time we drop backwards without any confidence. 

20 minutes ago, samo II said:

I don't know about that; we lost to both Norwich and Newcastle, and were abject and losing at half time against Villa, with an incredibly turn around getting us the points.

And the problem we face is even if we did win one or those games, it wouldn't be enough unless we start routinely beating sides around us - and the last eight games prove conclusively we simply cannot do that.

I'm sorry, but LJ has shown nothing to suggest he can motivate the team to beat form or high quality teams; I do not see us getting the points required with him in charge.

Opinions. I just think whoever the manager is, the player will be well up for all 3 of those. Rightly or wrongly I think it's human nature. We'll see. As far as the first 3 against them I look at it differently. Newcastle got a goal and sat back against Bristol City. It was a compliment at the time. Norwich was away and I think it was a good solid performance and we got beat by one mistake. Villa we had a poor first half but then showed how capable we are in the second. The team isn't bad just in a rut under an inexperience manager. Games like those can be a real bonding experience. I don't expect a win but I wouldn't be shocked if we got 3 points off one of those. 

Forest were probably one of the worst teams I've seen at the gate in a long time this season and I keep using them as an example of why we won't get relegated..... Well they've just beaten us so that arguments flawed. I would not back us to beat any of the teams below us right now and fully expect us to be on the bottom 3 in the next few weeks. 

Just now, sodburyred said:

Forest were probably one of the worst teams I've seen at the gate in a long time this season and I keep using them as an example of why we won't get relegated..... Well they've just beaten us so that arguments flawed. I would not back us to beat any of the teams below us right now and fully expect us to be on the bottom 3 in the next few weeks. 

And then there will be more delusion from certain elements. I can see it now - sat in the bottom three and Johnson fan club going, "well, we're only 3 points behind 21st place"  "two wins will see us catch Wigan" "exactly where we were this time last season and we got out of that". 

3 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

Really? there is a flaw to this dream at this moment in time, take a look at the last 8 league games (remember them?) on this championship stats page.

Firstly are you confident that at the moment we can even get a result against any of the teams that you mention? and secondly would you like to predict when can look forward to our next win, given the teams that we are playing in February?.

I hope you are right of course I do, but I just cannot see us winning a game at present, something has to significantly change.

http://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=england2

We have one thing that the teams below us don't , sadly that is Lee Johnson. We are THE form team for defeats, and that makes us THE worst team currently. I don't care who is below us, as it stands I can't see a win any time soon and forget others results, continue as we are and we will go down.

29 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Opinions.

You're right of course; it is just that.

But I think looking back at performances in September as any sort of indication as to how we'll do now is bold.

For context; Newcastle only beat Rotherham 1-0 away back in early October, and yesterday took them apart 4-0 at St. James - I'd suggest we would get similar treatment.  Same with Villa, who we were fortunate to face before Bruce was apppointed, and think they'd be a different proposition now.

Even if the players did up their game to face the top sides (and I don't doubt they would; just that it wouldn't make any difference), I cannot see us getting points in enough games to stay up right now, based on how we set up and the apparoch we take.

And that comes from LJ, hence why I think we're in need of a new head coach.

Archived