IGNORED

Appleton being linked. Madness

tinman85

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Pardew has been managing prem sides. We are near the bottom of the championship. 

Benitez managed Real Madrid and won the champions league with Liverpool and he is now a Championship manager

Pardew isn't a elite manager and has taken a knock recently, plus we have a very understanding billionaire owner, a nice stadium, a good following, a nice city and it would be a good challenge for him 

When Cotts left people were mentioning Moyes etc which is far more unrealistic considering he was not long ago Man Utd manager 

I'm not a Pardew fan boy, he just has experience and would have the respect of the players which is more than what it looks like Lee has at the moment 

It would not surprise me at all if he was on our shortlist.

I do believe that there are better realistic candidates than Appleton who would take the job currently both in and out of work though..

On a seperate note, I had heard that the candidate Mark Ashton was referring to when he said there was a "surprise one" previously was Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, who could not believe the mess he had walked into at QPR and so would have left them to join us if we had offered him the job.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It would not surprise me at all if he was on our shortlist.

I do believe that there are better realistic candidates than Appleton who would take the job currently both in and out of work though..

On a seperate note, I had heard that the candidate Mark Ashton was referring to when he said there was a "surprise one" previously was Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, who could not believe the mess he had walked into at QPR and so would have left them to join us if we had offered him the job.

He was definitely 'in the mix' Graham

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

My god

Lee

Appleton :blink:

Stuart Gray :blink:

If that was Mark Ashton's shortlist we may as well give up now

If that's true we were trying to pick a silk purse from a bucket of ...... !!

If SL won't give a prospective new man control then this is the problem,your just left with those whom won't demand it..

12 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

If SL won't give a prospective new man control then this is the problem,your just left with those whom won't demand it..

Some managers enjoy working in these conditions though...I don't really want to bring the name up, but, Steve Coppell thrived when working with a Director Of Football (effectively what MA is). The manager tells the DoF or scouting team what sort of player he requires and the DoF delivers...the manager just focuses on the first team. 

Archived