IGNORED

Appleton being linked. Madness

tinman85

52 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Rumours on twitter that LJ will be sacked and Appleton is a target. If this is the case we seriously need to question Mark Ashton. We need experience.  Not another lower league manager. 

I stopped reading at 'Rumours on Twitter...'

36 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Yes, a possibility, but I wouldn't think we've checked anybody out yet, so a bit risky.

I'm sure that there have been discreet conversations with agents view our present run . i can't imagine a progressive businessman like Ashton would n't always have a little black book with names and telephone numbers in , in case of need .

I seriously doubt it. Appleton was linked before LJ, purely on his previous relationship with Mark Ashton.

Some spotty little Gashead oik, probably sat in his bedroom whilst doing a Darrell with his dog, thought "I know, I'll start a twitter rumour about Appleton being linked to the job if/when Johnson gets sacked. That'll make them lose their shit".

That's probably more likely.

Appleton strikes me as a bit of a tool but his record at Oxford is impressive. I'm not saying he's someone I want but, if Rowett were not interested and McCarthy doesn't get the boot from Ipswich, I'm struggling to name people where I feel confident they would be a better option.

Don't want him and don't like him but I would support him if he were appointed.

29 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Sherwood or Rowett for me.

Think Rowett would jump at the chance and Sherwood is biding his time for something whilst helping out his mate at Swindon.

Both would seem ambitious but could/would be interested due to their current situations - In my opinion. 

I literally cannot think of a single reason Sherwood would be a better appointment than Appleton. Hope it is neither of those but difference is Appleton is a massive risk and Sherwood is as close as you can get to a guarantee of failure.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I literally cannot think of a single reason Sherwood would be a better appointment than Appleton. Hope it is neither of those but difference is Appleton is a massive risk and Sherwood is as close as you can get to a guarantee of failure.

I respect your opinion.

10 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Give him a year and he'll be gone as well

Probably but what a year it would be. Hordes of enraged Barnsley fans descending on OTIB threatening to chuck their flat caps at us ninja style whilst unleashing their whippets with cries of, "'Sic 'em boys!" We'd be circling the harvesters and tractors for months.

But back on topic... I really couldn't see SL going with another untried and untested manager at Champ level if he wants to preserve our Championship status.

If this were true, it only proves that the BCFC selection process, as always is a load of ****, the board has not learnt have they. With the footie experience of the board its the blind leading the blind. Get an ex-footie person e.g. a retired manager with experience on the board.

Even though this is no doubt bullshit he's not as bad as those make out. Of course we could do better, but he's lauded by oxford fans and they play decent stuff. Are on a good run in L1 after a promotion too. 

Although the last manager we hired after a good run in L1 has resulted in a record number of losses so...

1 hour ago, Taz said:

I seriously doubt it. Appleton was linked before LJ, purely on his previous relationship with Mark Ashton.

Some spotty little Gashead oik, probably sat in his bedroom whilst doing a Darrell with his dog, thought "I know, I'll start a twitter rumour about Appleton being linked to the job if/when Johnson gets sacked. That'll make them lose their shit".

That's probably more likely.

They did a good job then

Archived