IGNORED

Appleton being linked. Madness

tinman85

4 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

The only reason this is being suggested is due to MA's previous connection with Appleton. Rumour, not based on fact. Calm down dears.

Also he seems to have redeemed his reputation a bit with some success at Oxford .

I would n't be surprised to see a foreign coach bought in as they are used to the system we have in place.

No outstanding candidates right now

Would strongly prefer someone experienced and proven to be steady at least , at this level ... limited availability right now .... Rosler the best of limited options ?

(I'd take Mick McCarthy over LJ tho)

As for up n Cummings - Graham Alexander (Credit - another poster earlier in week @samo II ?) would be on my radar if I was inclined to look that way  right now 

For me, if he's appointing someone of sufficient stature to realise the potential of his stadium investments, SL needs to find someone with experience of success in the Championship. Akin to appointing Cotts in League One. Otherwise it's just another Lansdown gamble, few of which have come off.

I struggle to believe that Appleton could credibly be presented to supporters as the answer to City's inability to stabilise in the Championship.

16 minutes ago, Damian666 said:

What do people think about Pardew as his stock has been lowered lately and he may struggle to get another Premiership job at the moment plus he has the experience everyone is craving 

Apart from extraordinarily long bad runs at Newcastle and Palace, the assault on Meyler, the Dad dancing at Wembley and publicly criticising the Palace owners I have the greatest respect for him.;)

22 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Going to go against the grain here and give him the benefit of the doubt IF he is the choice. Unlike LJ he has actually helmed a side to.promotion.

Can't see why he's being linked with Madness though. Can he even do the train walk?

Will he be The Prince or an Embarrassment?

Maybe if he doesn't fancy moving house he could be a Bed and Breakfast Man

Jesus Christ. You can stick a fork in this football club if Johnson stays or another inexperienced "pals act" like Appleton arrives.

I doubt that he would leave the Wales job, but I have always rated Coleman myself. Other than that maybe Rosler. Not with the Rowett love-in myself.

4 minutes ago, redpole said:

He was but I was informed by a friend of LJ, he was spoken to about position along with Appleton and Stuart Gray plus 1 other who I can't remember. 

My god

Lee

Appleton :blink:

Stuart Gray :blink:

If that was Mark Ashton's shortlist we may as well give up now

If that's true we were trying to pick a silk purse from a bucket of ...... !!

Archived