IGNORED

LJ Still Has My Support

richwwtk

4 hours ago, smokey live said:

To be honest I'm so peed off with it all, i wouldn't be upset to see all the management, back room staff, all the board room and the owner go. It just seems we have been here before and for all the talk about learning from mistakes the same mistakes are being made. I think it might be time i had a break from this club, because it looks pretty obvious we are drifting apart.

I'm feeling exactly the same Smokey. Why the **** do we put ourselves through it? :sad26:

I've waited a long time for SL to spend some decent money on quality players, and finally I've got my wish. Unfortunately the only way forward is to do the same with the Manager, instead of always the cheap option. With the squad we've now got midtable should have been well achievable, not another bloody relegation battle.

What the hell happened to the team that battered Fulham 0-4 :dunno:

Someone said something on another thread the other day that really made me think, they said thank god we played Villa before Bruce came in. Well it would have probably been the same team we faced, but the fact it was Bruce in charge, and not the other guy (can't remember his name) proves that a decent manager can make the difference on the pitch, and from another fans perspective as well.

I really do feel sorry for SL at the moment. He's a good bloke, spunked millions on players and the new stadium and we're on a handcart from hell, destination L1. 

If LJ does go, SL really has to go for it again with the cheque book and get someone in with a higher profile!

I know we'd have no chance, but I'd like someone like Chris Coleman.:yes:

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

My position had move to the I don't know position, mainly because I believed the club would dismiss him (not that I want that) 

But after listening to SL interview I'm once again convinced LJ is the right man for us.

Fair enough but the TV interview was not one that made me think SL is fully backing him.  His tone said something different.

As it happens, at least he's come out and said something.

Much as I've said I think he's had more time than I think he deserves, my thoughts count for zip, and I hope he can turn it around.  I won't think he's the best young manager if we win a few, but I might think he's starting to learn.  He's got a lot of repairing to do if that dies happen.

I hate saying things like 'we'll know more after Rotherham' or '4 points from the next 2 home games and we'll be alright'. It never plays out like that, there are too many other combinations.  We could lose both and be no worse off.  We could win both and be no better off....we are in there where other team's result dictate the pressure.

No idea whether you rest a few for Burnley and put everything into Tuesday or not.  Not my problem!

Archived