IGNORED

Help for Johnson

JamesBCFC

So it seems we are sticking with Johnson (I know I'm in the minority happy to give him a little more time), but how can the club help him.

Personally think it might be a good idea for the club to bring in an experienced manager- perhaps a former manager even- to help Johnson in the way Ward helped Dopey Darrell at R*vers. (Yes I know they went down first, but that all happened about 2 months later in the season than where we are now, and they have had back to back promotions since. With the extra time relegation shouldn't be a worry if something like this happened.)

If your response is something like "show him where the door is" or some other negative crap that doesn't answer the question in any way other than suggesting him losing the job, please don't bother, hoping for constructive thoughts here. 

3 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Unfortunately for you the final line is the answer. Sack him is the only constructive option.

Except it isn't.

Rovers stuck by their inexperienced manager and he got back to back promotions

Barnsley stuck by LJ and he lead the to Wembley and started their push up to the playoffs.

I wouldn't have expected you of all people to be able to see that though.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

you know what, **** it.

**** the lot of you, incapable of reading that final line

I'm completely with you on this.

I'm actually more embarrassed by bigoted childish and ignorant comments by so many on here than I am about the 8 straight league losses.

But then again, I support BCFC come what may and I've seen/experienced worse.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Except it isn't.

Barnsley stuck by LJ and he lead the to Wembley and started their push up to the playoffs.

Clarke hadn't lost 8 on the bounce after spending £15m. 

He got Barnsley to Wembley but didn't get them up. Their fans have assured us of that and you have to say they know more than us on their promotion. 

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

you know what, **** it.

**** the lot of you, incapable of reading that final line

The OP deserves and expect a proper answer..... I am not a big fan of LJ but I hope he can turn things around ;on radio Bristol they suggested Big Joe could come in as he is down the gate a lot of match days and worth a shout, there is no one bigger than Joe Jordan in the changing room and Tomlin would know exactly where he stands.... he would have no nonsense and LJ can learn a lot from him...Job done

Just now, kevthered said:

The OP deserves and expect a proper answer..... I am not a big fan of LJ but I hope he can turn things around ;on radio Bristol they suggested Big Joe could come in as he is down the gate a lot of match days and worth a shout, there is no one bigger than Joe Jordan in the changing room and Tomlin would know exactly where he stands.... he would have no nonsense and LJ can learn a lot from him...Job done

Thank you for a proper response.

Agree someone like Joe would be a good character to have around.

1 minute ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Clarke hadn't lost 8 on the bounce after spending £15m. 

He got Barnsley to Wembley but didn't get them up. Their fans have assured us of that and you have to say they know more than us on their promotion. 

never said he did.

Either come back with a proper response to what was asked in the OP, or don't come back to this thread. ta

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Except it isn't.

Look i will explain this for you once.

The fact he did it at barnsley is irrelevant, the fact they were down there as a big fish in a small pond is damning in itself. We have the big clubs coming up, didnt have that problem in barnsley.

The fact that Heckingbottom has tsken barnsley to just outside the playoffs with limited money and lj has taken us to the bottom 5, despite soending 15 mil is another nail in his coffin.

Just now, Londoner said:

Look i will explain this for you once.

The fact he did it at barnsley is irrelevant, the fact they were down there as a big fish in a small pond is damning in itself. We have the big clubs coming up, didnt have that problem in barnsley.

The fact that Heckingbottom has tsken barnsley to just outside the playoffs with limited money and lj has taken us to the bottom 5, despite soending 15 mil is another nail in his coffin.

Look, I will explain this for you once.

I frankly couldn't care less what you and your mountain sized ego come out with. Either respond to what I asked in to OP, or go to another thread. I'm not interested in the "sack him now" "he isn't good enough" statements, as there are plenty around and many from people I have respect for (hint: not you).

SL has come out and backed LJ, I'm asking a question of how LJ can be helped. Not interested in anything else you say.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Look, I will explain this for you once.

I frankly couldn't care less what you and your mountain sized ego come out with. Either respond to what I asked in to OP, or go to another thread. I'm not interested in the "sack him now" "he isn't good enough" statements, as there are plenty around and many from people I have respect for (hint: not you).

SL has come out and backed LJ, I'm asking a question of how LJ can be helped. Not interested in anything else you say.

He cant be helped. 

Just now, Londoner said:

He cant be helped. 

Don't respond then.

Hopefully one of the hundreds of people signed up on here with less arrogance (and likely more intelligence) will put forward an idea. Someone else already has.

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well i know you saw it coming and thats just the feeling amongst many supporters at the moment. 

My point was deadly serious regarding tomlin btw, we need that magic.

I realised yours was serious, that was only aimed at those not being constructive.

So in addition to bringing in his own man in Holden and keeping the last bloke's assistant (Pemberton) he still needs MORE help?

What is it? A football club or a support group?

If you want me to be serious I doubt he wants yet more assistants (or assistance).

4 minutes ago, kevthered said:

If (and I mean if) Tomlin is the bad apple, why isn't:

1. LJ dealing with it

2. Pembo or Holden

3. Senior pros like Wilbs, O'Neil, Flint etc

Great teams are built on honesty and free speech, acceptance of fault etc.

I can't sit here and let everyone make LT the scapegoat until someone in the club either comes out and says so, or their actions give me 99% reason to think he's the only problem.

If he's that big a problem, don't effin' pick him in the 18, don't let him train, sell him.

I think he is an easy target, but I'm not naive to think he hasnt any faults.  Some are too defensive of him, some are too easy to pick on him.

All I know if that a Tomlin-match-fit player is good enough at this level.  He ain't ever gonna be a natural athlete, but he is a fine player, and someone who wants to be loved.

A firing Tomlin is an asset.  A stroppy Tomlin is no use at all.

I hope we get to see the firing Tomlin again...would be a huge waste.  But whatever will be will be.

Gentlemen, whatever your opinion on his capabilities and ability to turn things around, Steve thinks he can do it, so he stays (for now, at least).

So the OP's question is valid, what help does he need?

Joe Jordan could come in and shout at Tomlinson, of course, but LT's character is more complex than that. He needs to feel loved, as others have stated.

Joe isn't all about aggression - there's much more to him than that, with experience gained at the highest level here and abroad, so maybe he could help? I'm not so sure he needs the agro, to be honest, so that's why I'd go for Milly.

Archived