IGNORED

Lansdown was on edge during interview!

Poshtottie

That was far from a self assured interview. Steve Lansdown was muttering away going off on different tangents. The man is nervous and that means he has his doubt LJ is the man for the job! His composure on the camera said it all in my humble opinion. They have bet big on LJ! I have a sinking feeling that not only are things not ok on the field but in the board room too, things are not all pipe and slippers up there!

And twice he was asked if Lee's job was safe and twice he refused to answer.. which is what you might expect since the man is a hard working honest type who protects his own. Clearly, that response suggests he has a game or two to start picking up points or the clamour for his removal will reach a crescendo including within the board room.

I fancy us to narrowly lose to Burnley, draw with Sheffield Wednesday and then get hammered by Rotherham.. then he will be gone.

He's not the comfortable media type...to me that's an endearing quality. 

Substitute "Nervous" for embarrassment and "on edge" for pissed off he's having to be on TV. 

He's played a blinder here in that he's taken the responsibility today to come out and make a statement. 

I very much doubt anyone at Ashton Gate tomorrow will be under any illusions about what they need to do next. 

1 minute ago, cityironman said:

I call it as i see it! Didn't mean any disrespect to SL but he was clearly not in a comfortable place.

Why would he be comfortable?  Rarely has to talk on such matters.  Whole difference being uncomfortable and being caught in the headlights.

And just cos you call it as you see it doesn't mean you don't see it wrong.

11 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Why would he be comfortable?  Rarely has to talk on such matters.  Whole difference being uncomfortable and being caught in the headlights.

And just cos you call it as you see it doesn't mean you don't see it wrong.

And just cos you don't agree don't make you right!

4 hours ago, KURTZ said:

Maybe he was sat on his Keys.

Yes I feel on many occasions in history the problem could have been sorted by in deed moving ones keys to another pocket. Although this then causes further issues with the difficult problem of which pocket to move too. Far to often during footballs long hard season many of the press and fan base forget the vital role played by the pocketing arrangements of the before mentioned keys.

Credit to Steve for coming out to face the media. Not many owners would do that when there team is on a bad run. Can we please stop moaning about a man that has given so much to this club. I was at Newport back in the day when all who were there thought that was our last ever game.  Just be thankful we have Steve landown.

I thought he looked seething as well as pretty cheesed off having to front the cameras to defend a failing management team, set of coaches and players who he has invested tens of millions in. Think the idea was he would be enjoying watching a slick, attractive, moderately successful football team not a misfiring bunch of whingers flirting with relegation.

Sure, I get he made the decision to appoint LJ, and MA come to that, but boy, have they massively underperformed. Think he's getting to the end of his tether and maybe is starting to regret his involvement in the entire circus. 

Stick with it SL/ML, many of us still believe in the 'project' and are thankful for your vision and drive. Just remember the manager is the most important appointment at the Club and enthusiasm is no substitute for experience!

3 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

I thought he looked seething as well as pretty cheesed off having to front the cameras to defend a failing management team, set of coaches and players who he has invested tens of millions in. Think the idea was he would be enjoying watching a slick, attractive, moderately successful football team not a misfiring bunch of whingers flirting with relegation.

Sure, I get he made the decision to appoint LJ, and MA come to that, but boy, have they massively underperformed. Think he's getting to the end of his tether and maybe is starting to regret his involvement in the entire circus. 

Stick with it SL/ML, many of us still believe in the 'project' and are thankful for your vision and drive. Just remember the manager is the most important appointment at the Club and enthusiasm is no substitute for experience!

I don't think MA has underperformed. Or, more accurately, I don't think we'd know if MA has underperformed. I suspect most of his targets are strategic and long-term and can only really be measured on where we are in three to five years time.

Ultimately we are underperforming in one area and that is the area that LJ has responsibility for. MA has to make recommendations if that does not improve but I suspect it is not has decision alone, especially as he is a Chief Operating Officer and not a Chief Executive Officer. It's never certain what anyone's job description is without seeing it but I would guess he is in charge of how the club is run and ensuring the business strategy is implemented but that he does not set out the strategy himself.

Probably annoyed by his mis-management, giving LJ another year contract was needless, if we were to pay LJ off and we're still paying SC off then all the Kodjia money will be gone!!!! SL still the man for the job though and I'm still 100 percent behind him I just think we are jinxed with our managerial appointments who all seem to go into meltdown when they come to AG

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I don't think MA has underperformed. Or, more accurately, I don't think we'd know if MA has underperformed. I suspect most of his targets are strategic and long-term and can only really be measured on where we are in three to five years time.

Ultimately we are underperforming in one area and that is the area that LJ has responsibility for. MA has to make recommendations if that does not improve but I suspect it is not has decision alone, especially as he is a Chief Operating Officer and not a Chief Executive Officer. It's never certain what anyone's job description is without seeing it but I would guess he is in charge of how the club is run and ensuring the business strategy is implemented but that he does not set out the strategy himself.

Ummm.  The key decisions, LJs appointment, DHs appointment and two of the most expensive transfers in the Club's history, Tomlin (DNA check) and Engvall (DNA/Quality Check). I thought the Club had made it clear in the past that MA was responsible, or at least made major inputs, for these decisions/acquisitions.

If I'm mistaken then I apologise, although am a little uncertain then of his precise role and responsibilities. If it's just negotiating the transfer of targets identified by SL and LJ then credit to him, he's overperformed (unfortunately!). 

Unless you do it on a daily basis, talking into a camera and not seeing the interviewer, just listening to him via an ear piece, that's delayed, whilst having a producer in your eyesight, makes everyone sound and look like Rabbit in headlights.

Of course...no one takes this into account and it must mean he's lost faith in LJ. :facepalm:

It seems certain people are just trying to find ANYTHING to hit him, the Club or LJ with a shitty stick, just to make themselves feel better.

Sometimes I read this forum and think 'Go on SL...sell up to an Asian, and get someone like Warnock in, and play in Blue...just to stick it up the idiots'. :grr:

45 minutes ago, spudski said:

Unless you do it on a daily basis, talking into a camera and not seeing the interviewer, just listening to him via an ear piece, that's delayed, whilst having a producer in your eyesight, makes everyone sound and look like Rabbit in headlights.

Of course...no one takes this into account and it must mean he's lost faith in LJ. :facepalm:

It seems certain people are just trying to find ANYTHING to hit him, the Club or LJ with a shitty stick, just to make themselves feel better.

Sometimes I read this forum and think 'Go on SL...sell up to an Asian, and get someone like Warnock in, and play in Blue...just to stick it up the idiots'. :grr:

Oh I am sorry did I upset you!

I guess I'd look uncomfortable if I'd just taken a gamble that not only could cost me millions (small change I know for Steve) but more importantly could lose me kudos with my fellow wealthy club-owners and set back my plan to leave a Premier League legacy.

Archived