IGNORED

Gesture

ollywhyte

I think we should be offering free travel to an away game as a token gesture of our support, some acknowledgement that we have stuck by the team/manager/board over the last few months despite the horrendous form.

We need some form of unity and togetherness at this time, can't afford to drift away from the club and create a divide.

Or is that asking too much!? Here's hoping...

Kind regards

A skint youngster... 

6 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

I think we should be offering free travel to an away game as a token gesture of our support, some acknowledgement that we have stuck by the team/manager/board over the last few months despite the horrendous form.

I think turning up after xmas in the cold defeat after defeat is support. No other set of fans would be supportive after our run!

I think they have been supportive yeah. I really only make home games for varied reasons but nonetheless, the support has been consistent- yes boos at the end but the numbers still turn out. I mean in general in fact, the fan base has improved numerically in a ,large way since the last time we were in this position (Take your pick 10/11, 11/12 or 12/13 and compare the average attendances)!

No widespread chants of 'We Want Johnson Out' or similar in the ground that I have heard either so frankly the fans seem to have stuck with the team despite everything.

Last three away games I've not heard a single negative reaction to the team. On all three occasions the players were acknowledged and partly applauded at the end of the game, albeit at Forest it was close to silence. I've only heard boos at the end of home games. So yes, I go along with the OP, the team has been very very well treated in the circumstances. Not expecting it to qualify anyone for any freebies though.

7 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

No other set of fans would be supportive after our run!

That's not strictly true, Sunderland lost 17 consecutive games in 2002/2003 and averaged 37,000 at home games. 

I agree though that our dedication and support through this poor run has been admirable but we aren't suddenly the best fans in the land.

Fans of teams like Rochdale have my absolute respect, they've never been above the bottom two divisions, they are close to huge clubs yet they support their local club week in, week out. That's proper support and they can only dream about playing league games against teams like Newcastle and Villa, we are in a much more privileged position.

Sorry to disagree with you but with all due respect, saying no other set of fans would be as supportive as us is something you usually hear from a Rovers fan...

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think they have been supportive yeah. I really only make home games for varied reasons but nonetheless, the support has been consistent- yes boos at the end but the numbers still turn out. I mean in general in fact, the fan base has improved numerically in a ,large way since the last time we were in this position (Take your pick 10/11, 11/12 or 12/13 and compare the average attendances)!

No widespread chants of 'We Want Johnson Out' or similar in the ground that I have heard either so frankly the fans seem to have stuck with the team despite everything.

Does that happen anymore? Was the norm back in the day, remember Osman, in particular copping it with that particular chant. I think booing has replaced this chant, more's the pity. Loved a good public lynching when I was younger

I'd rather go for a pint now

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Last three away games I've not heard a single negative reaction to the team. On all three occasions the players were acknowledged and partly applauded at the end of the game, albeit at Forest it was close to silence. I've only heard boos at the end of home games. So yes, I go along with the OP, the team has been very very well treated in the circumstances. Not expecting it to qualify anyone for any freebies though.

What does "partly applauded" look like?

Fans clapping with one hand?

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Does that happen anymore? Was the norm back in the day, remember Osman, in particular copping it with that particular chant. I think booing has replaced this chant, more's the pity. Loved a good public lynching when I was younger

I'd rather go for a pint now

At some clubs I think, not heard it at AG in a long while though.

8 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Our fans at Forest could not have been more supportive, especially in circumstances where there was not a whole lot to support...

Away fans are pretty much excellent in my view, don't think I've heard too much discontent down the years only if it was really awful.. boos usually ring out for the ref in another inept display ;)

8 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

We need some form of unity and togetherness at this time, can't afford to drift away from the club and create a divide.

Or is that asking too much!? Here's hoping...

Kind regards

A skint youngster... 

Tbf we've been in worse positions than this and in the lower leagues losing game after game and I don't recall the club offering any gesture like that...

Was also a skint youngster not all that long ago :)

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sorry to disagree with you but with all due respect, saying no other set of fans would be as supportive as us is something you usually hear from a Rovers fan...

Sorry to be pedantic but when did I say no other set of fans would be as supportive as us?

I said no other sets of fans would be supportive after our run. Sunderland fans are awesome and i praised them when that new sunderland fan joined the forum, so that puts to be your theory of me thinking we show the best support. Also that was over ten years ago and managerial careers are even shorter.

People who make stuff up is usually something you would associate with a rovers fan....meow

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I checked the rail return prices to Leeds on the 14th Feb - £102!  Add to that overnight stay and match ticket and your looking at around £200. 

CATS will be cheaper of course but can anyone see the club funding it?

Robbo, on a separate note... were you on GT's phone in last night?

I think this is hilarious that just because we've lost 8 games in a row we all deserve free travel or tickets for a away game?? 

Bcfc fans are a long way away from being the best fans and a long way away from being able to make demands/ suggestions that our support is so good we deserve a reward!!! 

3 hours ago, Sepp Blatter said:

Is a new £30,000,000 stadium not enough?

No it isn't good enough. Only Shed man would have applauded that.

Although our new £47,000,000 Stadium is perhaps good enough... 

Having said that, I'm not sure that SL financing an £700,000 per month net loss and spending £10,000,000 on new players is enough when that short ass skinflint isn't paying my mortgage.

I'm with the skint young OP on this one cos we all accept that whilst you're young you know everything and it's only when you get to the  @Aizoon age bracket that you realise you know nuffink.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I checked the rail return prices to Leeds on the 14th Feb - £102!  Add to that overnight stay and match ticket and your looking at around £200. 

take a minibus.

51 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You want free football because we're currently surviving in the championship?!

Some fans not happy with new stadium etc , just because we are on a bad losing streak and our owner has a few quid they want to be let in for free!! 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Why should they fund it?? 

Archived