IGNORED

Demonstration

Redmycolour

Surely the best demonstration would be to not enter the ground at all. But stand outside the stadium chanting for the whole match?

That way you get the media attention outside the ground. You get the negative media coverage inside the ground if it is half empty. The players the manager and owner can hear the chants but can also see the lack of people in the ground.

I guess it depends on how much you really believe in getting rid of a manager. If you really really believe in it, you forgot your 90 minutes of football for it. 

Given that some believe SL has intimated that Johnson will be given another few games to turn it round, wouldn't it be better to actually get behind the team and lift them? Give him and them no excuses and if it doesn't get better then that in itself will increase the pressure on the board to make a change

Every time OTIB decides a manager needs to go (and it is generally not without justification) people seem to start devoting their whole purpose to removing the person they see responsible rather than supporting the team. No matter what some of you say in moments of petulance, if City win the next three matches the majority of the animosity towards LJ melts away. I don't want to see Johnson sacked, I want to see the team start winning again. If the former facilitates the latter then so be it, but Lee Johnson being sacked should not be an aim, it should be potentially part of a process

9 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Read  properly.LJ.not SL

I did read it properly. This is what you wrote:

34 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

How about a organised demistration on Tuesday night.perhaps SL will take notice of 80% of fans who want him OUT.

Even giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming the him you want out is LJ and not SL it's still pretty clear that the target of your demonstration is SL. A man who has given huge amounts of his own time and money to the club and delivered significant progress both on and off the pitch.

Think what you like about the manager. Boo him if you want, though I think that's juvenile, but arranging a demonstration against the owner? Maybe have a look around at some of the other owners in football before you're too hasty.

Demonstrations are for when the owner is asset-stripping the club and selling the stadium to developers, not for when he's building top-class facilities and investing heavily in the playing squad.

1 minute ago, chipdawg said:

Given that some believe SL has intimated that Johnson will be given another few games to turn it round, wouldn't it be better to actually get behind the team and lift them? Give him and them no excuses and if it doesn't get better then that in itself will increase the pressure on the board to make a change

Every time OTIB decides a manager needs to go (and it is generally not without justification) people seem to start devoting their whole purpose to removing the person they see responsible rather than supporting the team. No matter what some of you say in moments of petulance, if City win the next three matches the majority of the animosity towards LJ melts away. I don't want to see Johnson sacked, I want to see the team start winning again. If the former facilitates the latter then so be it, but Lee Johnson being sacked should not be an aim, it should be potentially part of a process

Good morning SL

37 minutes ago, Poshtottie said:

I think it seems the big boss has spoken as in last nights interview then it does look likely that three games it is for LJ so till then whether I agree or not that's the mandate for the very short term.

Where does he infer that LJ has three games to turn things round? That's what the majority seem to hope for, but I can';t see it myself.

We have a very laid back fanbase so I can't see any organised demo. What I can see though is things getting disorganised and nasty if we continue to lose.

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Where does he infer that LJ has three games to turn things round? That's what the majority seem to hope for, but I can';t see it myself.

We have a very laid back fanbase so I can't see any organised demo. What I can see though is things getting disorganised and nasty if we continue to lose.

Yep.  Enough fighting on here. Won't be long until that's happening in the stadium.

53 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

How about a organised demistration on Tuesday night.perhaps SL will take notice of 80% of fans who want him OUT.How about not entering the ground until the 8th minute.thoughts

Or enter the ground after 80 mins... give the rest of us a bit of peace and quiet from the 'outers'.

SL wants us to be raucous so I am going on Tuesday night with a megaphone. If we start shipping goals just look to W17 where I sit. As some on here know, we moved t'up North when I was a kid and I followed Sheffield Wednesday for 4 years, even going to Wembley in 66 v Everton so obviously I have kept a soft spot for them, and funnily enough I have a mate who is a City/Wednesday fan and whenever we play we always want a draw !!! As to who is shipping the goals,thats a big un but I am recognisable as wearing a red and white and blue and white scarf :ill: However, I have gone into a dark room and meditated and on this occasion I really want 3 points for City but if we ship goals ( and I really hope we wont) the megaphone will be very active :chant6ez:

Just now, redmycolour said:

How about a organised demistration on Tuesday night.perhaps SL will take notice of 80% of fans who want him OUT.How about not entering the ground until the 8th minute.thoughts

I doubt that 80% of fans want SL out. I certainly don't

Genuine question for you............

Do you want City to win on Tuesday, and if so do you really think any kind of demonstration is going to help with that?

I fully understand people want to show their opinions, even if I don't agree with them, but why not just do that on here? It's clear that Steve Lansdown etc are aware of the anger/frustration that's going around, that's why he came out yesterday with his statements.

There is no need to repeat what they already know, all you're going to do is further harm our chances of picking up much needed 3 points.

I don't think fans on the whole feel confident booing or chanting for someone to be sacked. Maybe waving a white hankerchief to show displeasure at how things are might work though. A I am not going to be nasty, boo or shout at you, but I am waving this to show I am not happy !

Archived