IGNORED

Demonstration

Redmycolour

2 hours ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

As a forum "stalker" I have been too timid to post/ comment for fear of the vitriol often ( sadly) flowing between supporters with different views. I used to post on the old 606 forum ( a long time ago, I know!!) which never felt quite so intimidating!

However, head above the parapet time it is! I am one of the potentially silent, possibly majority ( although equally possibly minority) who most definitely does not want LJ sacked and who believes in supporting the team through thick and thin. Given that I've been a supporter for 48 of my 55 years, trust me there has been a lot of thin!!

In my opinion the only demonstration we should even be thinking of is demonstrating our support for our team at a time when it is particularly needed.

There we go! First post on this forum and I await being told I'm wrong, know nothing and am a " Happy Clapper".. I can live with that!!!

You are a supporter with an opinion, not a happy clapper as some angry people like to label people.

Express you opinions and ignore those angry ones who have no idea how to debate.

Welcome to the forum

1 hour ago, Marty said:

Maybe a chant of: Prove-Us-Wrong, Prove-Us-Wrong!

That's said tongue in cheek, but a positive, short, loud chant that would express our feeling but inspire the team would work.

Failing that, making it extremely noisy for the full 90 minutes would give the players a lift and prove that we ARE supporters in spite of what else is going on.

A chant. Well that would be a first. It's been like a library down there recently. How about verbal backing. You never know that might spur the lads on!!

22 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

We love BCFC. But the fact is LJ was never popular as a player nor will he ever be as a manager. How he's made a career in football is baffling to me. 

probably because he can play football and believes he can manage.

I've just watched SL's interview and I didn't read into it that LJs job was safe. I read into it that we should support him and the team until his time runs out (unless of course he turns it around). In a way, if there is a player rift then we should all unite and not bow to player pressure otherwise we'll never move forward. 

I'll hold my hands up and admit that I am not a fan of LJ from what I have seen this season, but demonstrating can only make things worse. Maybe we should try singing the damn roof off instead to really show how much this club means to us fans?

I suppose a minutes applause is more uplifting than a minutes silence so perhaps we can do our bit as the 12th man? 

I'm up for a Conga instead!

If we are doing a demonstration next Tuesday against Wednesday, can we make sure we all know how it is we're demonstrating.

I don't have a low opinion of us or nothing, but I can see all these ideas being mixed up: some people leaving after 8 minutes while others arrive (frowning at each other); some people arriving with 8 mins to go; some people standing up and turning their backs on those leaving after 8 mins; others turning their backs on themselves; some people chanting "8 men had a dream", while others sing "8 minutes and we'll leave..."; some people staying after the game inside the ground, others arriving 8 mins after turning their backs on those leaving early with their backs turned; some people turning up on Wednesday, not Tuesday...

26 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

If we are doing a demonstration next Tuesday against Wednesday, can we make sure we all know how it is we're demonstrating.

I don't have a low opinion of us or nothing, but I can see all these ideas being mixed up: some people leaving after 8 minutes while others arrive (frowning at each other); some people arriving with 8 mins to go; some people standing up and turning their backs on those leaving after 8 mins; others turning their backs on themselves; some people chanting "8 men had a dream", while others sing "8 minutes and we'll leave..."; some people staying after the game inside the ground, others arriving 8 mins after turning their backs on thiose leaving early; some people turning up on Wednesday, not Tuesday...

Ah, so in essence those who are going to take part in a demonstration could do with a demonstration to demonstrate how to demonstrate.

After hearing SL speak i'm actually willing on giving LJ another go. I really want him to be successful here. He never had the backing of the fans here whilst he was a player and to be honest don't really think he has had full backing of all the fans since the beginning of his manager tenure. This run cant last for ever and i really fancy it to start changing as off this weekend up at Burnley. Draw agaisnt a slightly weakened Burnley then a good spirited draw home to Sheff Wed and then beat Rotherham pick up a bit of confidence before that tough February month. COYR

17 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I feel that any demonstration before or just after ko on Tuesday wont do any good at at all, i think LJ has 2 league games left to get some points on board, if we get to the end of the Rotherham game with no points then that is the time to demonstrate.

if we get to the end of the rotheram game with no points its going to be a poisonous atmosphere 

I don't believe there will be a demonstration and I don't believe LJ has only three games to sort it out whether demonstrations subsequently happen. I think he has until the end of the season at least because he has convinced the owner that the slump isn't down to him.

SL will still believe that 14,000 of us will sign up for season cards next season wherever we find ourselves and whoever is at the helm.

I will support the team. Coaches don't need my support..

Dissent on the forum.  Support at the ground.  We are still in a better shape than clubs like Hull, Coventry etc.  

Doesn't sit well with me calling for another man to lose his job.regardless of the circumstances.  

(Ok, maybe sacking Hitler or Pulis the exception).

7 hours ago, spudski said:

I'd say from going to the Gate, it's only a small minority voicing their disproval after a game.

The only reason certain people aren't happy with LJ, is because of the last run of defeats.

You can't please every fan with styles of play, however results count.

Now if SL was to listen to this so called 80% and sack LJ, he then has to employ another coach.

He won't please everyone with his choice, people will approve or resent, then the cycle starts again. The new coach fails....what then? The same fans calling for him to be sacked? You keep sacking....when does it stop?

SL has made his decision. He's asked the fans to support his decision. So you either as a fan, do...or don't.

Why as a fan, does anyone think demonstrating and not supporting would be positive in gaining a result? If we lose...it just brings more pressure, for the players, LJ or even the next manager.

Why not support the Club...and try and get us out of this mess?

If it were me in charge and I really didn't believe LJ had the ability to take this club forward...I would be relieving him of his duties, not when he was struggling...but when he was getting us up the table. He's either the man...or not the man, regardless of position in the league. You either believe in him or you don't...and that means looking at a manager when the going gets tough, to see whether he can deal with pressure. All the good managers can. Let him try to turn things around. If it continues in the same vein, then he will have to go...but right now is not the ideal time, for Club or players. Sacking in a transfer window is mental.

Really, so you obviously think it was 'mental' to sack Steve Cotterill last January then? :dunno:

6 hours ago, harvey said:

How about organising a get behind the team. LJ is not leaving and he would never walk away. SL is supporting him and rightly so. If SL decides a change is for the benefit of the club he will have no problem putting that in place. At the moment he clearly said he supports LJ . So, you must do the same. we have more chance turning this bad run around by supporting the team and the manager. not protesting. All supporters have the right to voice concerns but the going is a bit tough at the moment  so support them through this. NO PROTEST

Well lets hope the players do the same!

3 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

I don't have a low opinion of us or nothing, but I can see all these ideas being mixed up: some people leaving after 8 minutes while others arrive (frowning at each other); some people arriving with 8 mins to go; some people standing up and turning their backs on those leaving after 8 mins; others turning their backs on themselves; some people chanting "8 men had a dream", while others sing "8 minutes and we'll leave..."; some people staying after the game inside the ground, others arriving 8 mins after turning their backs on those leaving early with their backs turned; some people turning up on Wednesday, not Tuesday...

As I realize(ignore american spelling ) do I turn Up Monday (b U gg er ) missed it ?> tuesday ( **** ) missed it . if  we are going to do a demonstration against Wednesday can you tell me why as I dont like mondays

9 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

The players need our SUPPORT more than ever for the two home games next week........

Have not we had brilliant attendances for all prev home games? makes no difference if the manager cant manage; his refusal to play a "go for the throat team" and players who can supply our undoubted talented forwards will and has cost us dear. We have the players and fans but a manager whos lost it.

10 hours ago, cynic said:

I really hope that the players and their coaching staff are made of sterner stuff and have a bit of backbone unlike a lot on here, and get a few results together.

I appreciate you were referring initially to the idea of demonstrating, but as you post broadened out more widely to the tone on here recently, would you say that discussing failings in LJ's approach or abilities is this lack of backbone or support for the team? By "a lot on here" it sounded a little like you did.

Having read the thread about what a "happy-clapper" is (a term which I have never used either apart from to describe myself under prior managers) I feel duty bound to point out the LJ-out equivalent of this 'derogatory term' is that sort of blanket accusation that it means you've given up or don't support the team.

p.s. some of the players or coaching staff aren't made of sterner stuff, that should have been obvious by now :whistle:

Archived