IGNORED

Demonstration

Redmycolour

1 hour ago, spudski said:

And you're speaking for 80% of supporters? A figure you've just made up out of thin air.

How about spending your energy supporting the team.

In your words...'He's ran out of ideals.makes stupid subs.shell I go on'... and you want people to take you seriously...:facepalm:

I'd rather see Supporters demonstrate against the rats who actually call themselves 'Supporters'. They can all **** off as far as I'm concerned, Club doesn't need people that make 'Stupid ideals'...:grr::facepalm: FFS...have a word with yourself...

The figure of 80% is actually lower than the 87% who voted to sack LJ in the poll on this forum!. 

12 minutes ago, BCFC in my DNA 1957 said:

That's the point. No cheers...no clapping...no singing...stay silent and show the board the manager and the players without the supporters and encouragement, the fans are unhappy with the situation but we are not being unruly and showing them exactly that we are true supporters and we will not put up with what we have been paying for.

As supporters we are passionate. we love our club and we are good supporters through good times and bad but this situation we are in now is unacceptable.

The point to be made in silence will be heard by the whole of Bristol.

Silence is golden but deadly! 

Or alternatively, maybe consider that the players need a boost from the stands.  They need full support (and that doesn't mean turning up and simply watching, or turning up and booing...that means start to finish support) to show the team that we're behind them.  

Even if LJ goes, the players who have appeared in this run will still be here.  We need to get their spirits lifted in order to raise their confidence (and I'm certain that confidence is the issue) and help instill the self belief that will facilitate the recovery.  

What would have more effect? Your manager trying to tell you you're great - where you may think "well he has to think that"?  Or 15,000 supporters, (who at most clubs in this situation would get on your back) getting right behind you?  I would be trying to find that extra ten percent with that sort of unexpected support.  But maybe that's just me. 

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

Valid points, just to be pedantic you have no way of knowing that this forum isn't a decent benchmark of our support

Are we to assume only those (80%) that are unhappy with LJ still being in charge are the only ones that use OTIB, and those who are happy for him to be in post don't use this site?

I have to say, from not only OTIB, but other websites and forums the large majority of those posting do want to see a change at the helm

Of course either of us could be correct and there is no defenitive way of proving either - it's just funny how on the back of an announcement from SL suddenly the current and long term form and results of the side should be forgotten

I'd say from going to the Gate, it's only a small minority voicing their disproval after a game.

The only reason certain people aren't happy with LJ, is because of the last run of defeats.

You can't please every fan with styles of play, however results count.

Now if SL was to listen to this so called 80% and sack LJ, he then has to employ another coach.

He won't please everyone with his choice, people will approve or resent, then the cycle starts again. The new coach fails....what then? The same fans calling for him to be sacked? You keep sacking....when does it stop?

SL has made his decision. He's asked the fans to support his decision. So you either as a fan, do...or don't.

Why as a fan, does anyone think demonstrating and not supporting would be positive in gaining a result? If we lose...it just brings more pressure, for the players, LJ or even the next manager.

Why not support the Club...and try and get us out of this mess?

If it were me in charge and I really didn't believe LJ had the ability to take this club forward...I would be relieving him of his duties, not when he was struggling...but when he was getting us up the table. He's either the man...or not the man, regardless of position in the league. You either believe in him or you don't...and that means looking at a manager when the going gets tough, to see whether he can deal with pressure. All the good managers can. Let him try to turn things around. If it continues in the same vein, then he will have to go...but right now is not the ideal time, for Club or players. Sacking in a transfer window is mental.

7 minutes ago, NickJ said:

"The forum doesn't represent the majority of people "

Application of standard sampling techniques would suggest that is not the case, as I have on another thread.

I don't agree with you application.

"It's easy to destroy...it takes a lot more energy and creativity to support and be positive"

Agreed. But just as SL is adamant that LJ is the right man for the job, many don't. What are they to do, shut up and say nothing?

What do the majority of football fans know about running a football club. Reading many posts on here, it's obvious many don't understand the finer points. Or have the facts and figures to hand as to what, when, who is available, the right fit and funds available etc.

"Our owner has made his decision...he's asked for our support. It's not rocket science...."

Blindly following SL would make him an autocrat and us fans the minnions. I'm sure neither want that.

Many are not blindly following SL...they have made reasoned decisions on why to support in this instance, rather than not.

There is a way where both SL and the disgruntled among us both get what they want. A demonstration before the game, with full support for the players during it. I can see nothing wrong in that.

I agree...in hindsight I'd like to see this demonstration. Because I for one, would think a great majority of the fans would turn on those demonstrating. It imo, could be the act that brings the SUPPORTERS closer together, and form a fortress of noise to drown out any demonstrators.

For all his faults...SL has in recent seasons tried to do the right thing in developing a Professionally run club with better infra structure. I was as you know, massively disapproving of his previous attempts at running this Club.

That is why, I, and many others, can see he has done the right thing, and will reward that change for the better, by offering our support, even when it's easier to moan and show discontent over results.

13 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Or alternatively, maybe consider that the players need a boost from the stands.  They need full support (and that doesn't mean turning up and simply watching, or turning up and booing...that means start to finish support) to show the team that we're behind them.  

Even if LJ goes, the players who have appeared in this run will still be here.  We need to get their spirits lifted in order to raise their confidence (and I'm certain that confidence is the issue) and help instill the self belief that will facilitate the recovery.  

What would have more effect? Your manager trying to tell you you're great - where you may think "well he has to think that"?  Or 15,000 supporters, (who at most clubs in this situation would get on your back) getting right behind you?  I would be trying to find that extra ten percent with that sort of unexpected support.  But maybe that's just me. 

This raises an interesting point Steve Watts. Would a demo be against the owner, the players or the head coch ? I suspect the latter if any such demonstration occurred. Would that therefore upset the players performance, some of whom may actually agree (I don't know that of course)

I predict if a demo happens pre match it will be limp. If however the performance on the pitch continues as has been the case for a while, and the general view is that we are set up wrong, wrong selections, and substitutions etc then I predict some spontanious expressions of anger.

4 hours ago, redmycolour said:

How about a organised demistration on Tuesday night.perhaps SL will take notice of 80% of fans who want him OUT.How about not entering the ground until the 8th minute.thoughts

I don't think the forum is very representative most people who I speak to who don't use this forum, don't do so because they don't like the negative slant it has at times like this, our membership also seems to swell at times like this as well.

6 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

This raises an interesting point Steve Watts. Would a demo be against the owner, the players or the head coch ? I suspect the latter if any such demonstration occurred. Would that therefore upset the players performance, some of whom may actually agree (I don't know that of course)

I predict if a demo happens pre match it will be limp. If however the performance on the pitch continues as has been the case for a while, and the general view is that we are set up wrong, wrong selections, and substitutions etc then I predict some spontanious expressions of anger.

If there's a demo against the board (which would be moronic, in my humble opinion!) it would not gee the players up.  It doesn't matter if they feel the same...in fact if they did then I'd wager that the only impact such a demonstration would have on the players is to distract them, which somewhat defeats the point I'm trying to make.

Maybe make the players feel trusted, feel loved, feel believed in.  Give them some positive energy to channel and maybe, just maybe their spirits and belief may improve and they grind out that elusive win we've been after.  It may make no difference, but how good would it feel to try?!?  To spend 90 minutes getting behind them?

I actually think that to turn the corner we need to scrape or fluke a win after going behind.  They doubts and fears that creep in when we concede would be banished and the corner may well be turned.  Yes, I know it's a slightly rose-tinted romantic theory, but better that than all the hatred, vitriol and bile polluting this place lately.

9 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

If there's a demo against the board (which would be moronic, in my humble opinion!) it would not gee the players up.  It doesn't matter if they feel the same...in fact if they did then I'd wager that the only impact such a demonstration would have on the players is to distract them, which somewhat defeats the point I'm trying to make.

Maybe make the players feel trusted, feel loved, feel believed in.  Give them some positive energy to channel and maybe, just maybe their spirits and belief may improve and they grind out that elusive win we've been after.  It may make no difference, but how good would it feel to try?!?  To spend 90 minutes getting behind them?

I actually think that to turn the corner we need to scrape or fluke a win after going behind.  They doubts and fears that creep in when we concede would be banished and the corner may well be turned.  Yes, I know it's a slightly rose-tinted romantic theory, but better that than all the hatred, vitriol and bile polluting this place lately.

I dont think there would be a demo against the board even after SL's statement. All I see pretty much is a desire to off LJ and that's why I question if it would distract the players much.

I dont see it happening anyway, certainly not pre match.

4 hours ago, redmycolour said:

How about a organised demistration on Tuesday night.perhaps SL will take notice of 80% of fans who want him OUT.How about not entering the ground until the 8th minute.thoughts

How about organising a get behind the team. LJ is not leaving and he would never walk away. SL is supporting him and rightly so. If SL decides a change is for the benefit of the club he will have no problem putting that in place. At the moment he clearly said he supports LJ . So, you must do the same. we have more chance turning this bad run around by supporting the team and the manager. not protesting. All supporters have the right to voice concerns but the going is a bit tough at the moment  so support them through this. NO PROTEST

5 hours ago, redmycolour said:

Thoughts.....Thank god im going on holiday tomorrow and when I come home I hope LJ is still in charge, because that means BCFC have done alright. COYRs

As a forum "stalker" I have been too timid to post/ comment for fear of the vitriol often ( sadly) flowing between supporters with different views. I used to post on the old 606 forum ( a long time ago, I know!!) which never felt quite so intimidating!

However, head above the parapet time it is! I am one of the potentially silent, possibly majority ( although equally possibly minority) who most definitely does not want LJ sacked and who believes in supporting the team through thick and thin. Given that I've been a supporter for 48 of my 55 years, trust me there has been a lot of thin!!

In my opinion the only demonstration we should even be thinking of is demonstrating our support for our team at a time when it is particularly needed.

There we go! First post on this forum and I await being told I'm wrong, know nothing and am a " Happy Clapper".. I can live with that!!!

10 minutes ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

As a forum "stalker" I have been too timid to post/ comment for fear of the vitriol often ( sadly) flowing between supporters with different views. I used to post on the old 606 forum ( a long time ago, I know!!) which never felt quite so intimidating!

However, head above the parapet time it is! I am one of the potentially silent, possibly majority ( although equally possibly minority) who most definitely does not want LJ sacked and who believes in supporting the team through thick and thin. Given that I've been a supporter for 48 of my 55 years, trust me there has been a lot of thin!!

In my opinion the only demonstration we should even be thinking of is demonstrating our support for our team at a time when it is particularly needed.

There we go! First post on this forum and I await being told I'm wrong, know nothing and am a " Happy Clapper".. I can live with that!!!

Sorry happy clapper, you're completely wrong and you know nothing....

....I'm kidding of course. Welcome aboard!

4 hours ago, jimgoeswest said:

Steve L has bought a lot of this on himself. I honestly think he's being selfish and putting his own reputation ahead of that of LJ. OK it hasn't worked out for LJ for one reason or another, however he has given his best and he doesn't deserve the amount of grief he is going to get over the coming matches. He is on a hiding to nothing. He's literally thrown him to the wolves by letting him continue. 

Evil bastard.

Maybe a chant of: Prove-Us-Wrong, Prove-Us-Wrong!

That's said tongue in cheek, but a positive, short, loud chant that would express our feeling but inspire the team would work.

Failing that, making it extremely noisy for the full 90 minutes would give the players a lift and prove that we ARE supporters in spite of what else is going on.

I hope if those who want to demonstrate against our owner and manager at the Sheffield Wednesday game do put these threats into motion they at least have the decency to put a blindfold around the eyes of the John Atyeo statue to at least spare the great man the sight of people who purport to support the club he gave his all for doing their best to put the boot into it.

However, anyone considering such a destructive ploy perhaps instead look at the great man's statue and take inspiration from it and think to yourself how you can do your bit to show the dedication he exemplified, give your heart to the cause of our club, even if it's just for ninety minutes and give your all in cheering on the lads to three points. You never know, you might enjoy it!

7 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I hope if those who want to demonstrate against our owner and manager at the Sheffield Wednesday game do put these threats into motion they at least have the decency to put a blindfold around the eyes of the John Atyeo statue to at least spare the great man the sight of people who purport to support the club he gave his all for doing their best to put the boot into it.

However, anyone considering such a destructive ploy perhaps instead look at the great man's statue and take inspiration from it and think to yourself how you can do your bit to show the dedication he exemplified, give your heart to the cause of our club, even if it's just for ninety minutes and give your all in cheering on the lads to three points. You never know, you might enjoy it!

This is, generally, the mindset of the gas fans & that's why, I believe, they put up with so much shit and never get anywhere.

i was planning to grumble all the way to the game, then sit there, cold and bored, slightly stupified, only to grumble all the way home, repeat ad nauseum, threaten to not buy a season ticket next year, then slowly forget the frustrations and disappointments as the summer washes away the bad memories and buckle under my own lack of determination and buy another season ticket, then do the same thing all over again.

Che Guevara or what.

3 hours ago, spudski said:

The forum doesn't represent the majority of people that pay money to actually go and support the Club.

I'd actually quite like to see a 'demonstration' put on, as I think the majority at the Gate would turn on this misguided idea.

It's easy to destroy...it takes a lot more energy and creativity to support and be positive.

If SL decides to keep LJ on, and he turns things round...what are you and all the others going to do who are calling for his head?

Come round to supporting him again? Take some of the glory and winning banter? Because you'll all look like the spoilt brat kids who everyone hates. There will be a lot of SUPPORTERS who will turn round and say 'where were you when times were tough?'

Our owner has made his decision...he's asked for our support. It's not rocket science....

People are not happy mate. They pay bloody good money (too much money) to watch the shite that has been served up for the most of this season. 

If the people want to protest then good on them , SL is not BCFC and he never will be. A rich man with the clubs best interests at heart maybe but the man isn't God, for all his millions this club aint F all without us.

6 minutes ago, bris red said:

People are not happy mate. They pay bloody good money (too much money) to watch the shite that has been served up for the most of this season. 

If the people want to protest then good on them , SL is not BCFC and he never will be. A rich man with the clubs best interests at heart maybe but the man isn't God, for all his millions this club aint F all without us.

That's fine mate...id actually be interested to see how many would participate, and the reaction from the rest of the crowd.

As for the crap being served up, apart from say 4 wins to us difference, say 8 more goals ...then it wouldn't be any different to what you have witnessed all season. That's what a mid Championship table team looks like. Perhaps this division isn't for you or some others, because that's the reality of this league.

10 minutes ago, bris red said:

Of course that is right - you have the choice whether to turn up or not. We all pay to watch City because we are supporters and fans - support is infectious and can help to propel us to better things - the opposite of support is to oppose, and that is what the teams we play are all about. If you oppose then it only serves to support our opposition.  As I am a lifelong fan, I choose to support City and hope that you will join me and the thousands like me.  We realise that there are problems - but feel the best solution is to try to lift our boys and not the opposing teams. Just saying! 

I think it is fair to say most of us believed LJ should have been for the chop.

Given were we are now, I think there are mixed views as to whether it is best to get behind the team snd reevaluate in three games, or to start shouting now.

Given that, I think any protest right now risks splitting the fans and being counter productive. I am in the support and give it three more games camp therefore.

Just my pennies worth.

Archived