IGNORED

Pour Pints In Preparation For Half Time

Unan

• Admin
44 minutes ago, NYTRAM said:

We're they not going to create an App to order and pay for food and drink. Use paypal or similar. 

I was always under the impression this was the case - but can remember raising in a thread a while back and someone told me this was only for the corporate side of things

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

I was always under the impression this was the case - but can remember raising in a thread a while back and someone told me this was only for the corporate side of things

Seems strange why would corporate need to order/pay for anything, I thought it was all inclusive.

2 hours ago, Griffin said:

Can anyone aim me in the direction of who to ask as to why pints aren't poured in preperation for half time? 

I have a ST in the Atyeo and there'll be 20 people all stood in the que waiting for the HT whistle to be called. Whilst they're all there, clearly waiting to be served, the two bar staff will just stand their aimlessly looking forward waiting for people to start ordering drinks and slowly pouring them.

Its been a problem for some time now but it's got to the stage where people will que at the start of HT and they literally will not be served until the second half kicks off.

Just pour some drinks in preparation, it's really easy, I've tried telling them but they don't understand basic time management. Suggestions anyone???

Edit: I forgot to mention, last game they ran out of Fosters AND Thatchers, how amateur.

Welcome to the cheap seats.

Us Dolman Dwellers have pre poured pints, Fine dining and gold plated urinals.

21 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Just imagine if you could actually buy, eat and drink in/at your seats in the stadium like adults and not be treated like miscreants who need to shepherded and treated like children.

Or drunken idiots, and we've got our fair share of them.

Tokens/vouchers only = queuing twice and if at only at half time what about person who hasn't got a token? What if you want food,hot drink or sweets you pay cash/card so defeats point.

the person who wants to pay cash (lots who won't change) takes a pre poured drink then the amount you quoted for has gone out window.

at festivals and darts completely different as you can drink and watch event so never major rush, half time at football 10,000 fans want serving in so say 20 mins.

there are drinks only bars where it would only work.

ayteo had no space for a pre pour like the rest of stadium.

4 hours ago, Griffin said:

Can anyone aim me in the direction of who to ask as to why pints aren't poured in preperation for half time? 

I have a ST in the Atyeo and there'll be 20 people all stood in the que waiting for the HT whistle to be called. Whilst they're all there, clearly waiting to be served, the two bar staff will just stand their aimlessly looking forward waiting for people to start ordering drinks and slowly pouring them.

Its been a problem for some time now but it's got to the stage where people will que at the start of HT and they literally will not be served until the second half kicks off.

Just pour some drinks in preparation, it's really easy, I've tried telling them but they don't understand basic time management. Suggestions anyone???

Edit: I forgot to mention, last game they ran out of Fosters AND Thatchers, how amateur.

I really don't care....I just care about what is served up on the pitch.

They sell raffle tickets at the gate why not beer tokens? Its such a basic formulae that has infuriated me for years.

The van outside the atyeo now sells cans and is wayyyyyy quicker to get hold of than queuing inside the ground. Wasted money.

I suspect the club wants to make it as hard as possible to fans in the atyeo to drink because they dont fit into the mould of fan they want drinking at the club

When I went to Trent Bridge to watch the Ashes a few years back they had some kind of 4 pint pouring tap which filled 4 pint glasses at once, they were churning them out all day.

Also when I went to Wimbledon to watch the tennis they had guys wondering about with backpacks of lager wandering about serving pints on the go, another great idea and could be used to beat the queues!

I also see the new Spurs ground is having self serve taps as well which is a great idea 

• Admin
3 hours ago, NYTRAM said:

Seems strange why would corporate need to order/pay for anything, I thought it was all inclusive.

I was a guest of Heineken a few weeks back in their box and drink was free (to me) but was under impression Heineken lounge was only first drink free? 

4 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

I don't understand why people are so desperate for a drink? I personally find it a bit odd. 

I don't think anyone's desperate. For me anyway, it's more to do with the frustration of waiting for 15 minutes when it's not necessary. Then when you finally get a drink you have to hope it's not taken that long or you'll be watching the second half indoors trying to neck it. It's just unnecessary.

14 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

I don't understand why people are so desperate for a drink? I personally find it a bit odd. 

I don't bother at half time anymore,simply because it's almost impossible to get served and drink it without missing the start of the second half. The point is how can we make it a viable option to those that do want a drink.

4 hours ago, Doozerchris said:

I don't bother at half time anymore,simply because it's almost impossible to get served and drink it without missing the start of the second half. The point is how can we make it a viable option to those that do want a drink.

In the SS or even the LS it's quite an easy process, head outside and you have a choice of either the bar in the fans village or the Sports Bar. Neither ever have queues even if you leave your seat bang on half time.

Think BCFC have missed the boat with this one. They must keep some kind of data on how many pint of what beer are poured in each stand. Pre pour to 75% of this then top up.

At Carfiff you can buy beer tokens in advance and use at the token bar, no cash, no change. At Burnley you can use an app to order from youre seat and collect at half time.

Why we didn't investigate these sort of things is beyond be. Saying that its a whole lot better than say 3 years ago with the half time scrum in the Dolman!

17 hours ago, Fiale said:

Just imagine if you could actually buy, eat and drink in/at your seats in the stadium like adults and not be treated like miscreants who need to shepherded and treated like children.

I don't think many adults need to eat and drink at a event that lasts just 2 hours. To sup a flat beer and cold pasty in a tiny seat amongst similar is my idea of Hell! Going to the Cinema is worse, seems that some go there not for the film but to consume as much junk food they can in a short time spoiling it for the rest who have to listen to the slurps and munching.

OK I understand the hot drinks thing at a cold football match, so why not take a small flask of coffee tea or soup? Perhaps a bar of chocolate, or a bag of crisps would add to the survival rates :yawn: Cheaper no queuing no moaning.

Archived