IGNORED

Fans Fighting amongst each other at Burnley?

KeepUpLino

5 minutes ago, allyolly said:

At half time there was over the top stewarding which prompted city fans to step in to support the lad. Nothing between city at all. 

Sorry to disappoint you but also lots of chants in support of our manager. 

Heard someone was thrown out for filming/taking photos during the match and then the stewards. All stewards I came across were certainly some of the more pleasant ones and friendly enough. 

34 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

There has been some reports on Facebook about disgraceful scenes between fans arguing amongst each other about the situation our club finds it self in, anyone see anything?

Was only a matter of time really and can only see it getting worse.... Not looking forward to Tuesday personally!!

Liberals!!

33 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Osman,Pulis,Ward,Sod.

Seen it all before, when fans are at each others throats. Fully expect to see it in the next couple of games as well.

I must have a short memory but it feels a lot worse at the moment. That or I've encountered more opinionated fans this time around.

49 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

There was a large feeling of discontent amongst the fans at Turf Moor.

Most lads I spoke to were already resigned to watching league one football next season.

There were two lads and a middle aged bloke signing Johnson in, however the one lad had a half scarf on so he clearly was a little "blessed" shall we say!

if he was, does that make it ok to take the piss?

1 minute ago, brizzlelou said:

I must have a short memory but it feels a lot worse at the moment. That or I've encountered more opinionated fans this time around.

To be honest, while I think the fan base is very much in favour of removing the manager, I'm not seeing the anger and vitriol I've seen in years gone by.

Maybe we've all grown up.

I'm a grandad now so it wouldn't show me in a good light if I was outside the directors box with a burning pitchfork!

Not done that for a few years anyway...

6 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

With the exception of SoD, social media and indeed this forum wasn't so accessable by so many. I predict it would have exploded in Pulis' s reign

47 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Osman,Pulis,Ward,Sod.

Seen it all before, when fans are at each others throats. Fully expect to see it in the next couple of games as well.

Was only young when Osman was in charge but I seem to remember him scoring a diving header and the crowd booed?

1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

There was a large feeling of discontent amongst the fans at Turf Moor.

Most lads I spoke to were already resigned to watching league one football next season.

There were two lads and a middle aged bloke signing Johnson in, however the one lad had a half scarf on so he clearly was a little "blessed" shall we say!

A little blessed .... would you like to explain that?

1 hour ago, 'keepuplino' said:

I agree, the man pulling the strings is to blame, this should have been put to bed weeks ago, it's painful to watch, embarrassing, it's damaging our reputation... I have never know it this bad in the 30 years I've followed!!!

What reputation? Do we even have one? or is it a reputation of being generally a L1 - Championship yoyo club :blink:

2 minutes ago, gazza1982 said:

That fans who went today and got behind the team are a credit to the club. Unlike some who didn't go and use as it as an opportunity to stir......,,

Super fans... fair play to them, no better or worse than the fans who couldn't be ****** to travel because we're so god dam shit....  fans who moan, moan because they really care.. 

It does makes me wonder whether the people who don't show concern are just plainly a bit simple and don't understand consequence!! 

6 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Super fans... fair play to them, no better or worse than the fans who couldn't be ****** to travel because we're so god dam shit....  fans who moan, moan because they really care.. 

It does makes me wonder whether the people who don't show concern are just plainly a bit simple and don't understand consequence!! 

Utter rubbish, both categories of fan care about the club.. to say otherwise is just plain dumb.

I respect the 'superfan' more than some**** who produces a flag with abuse written on it or wants to be in some unorganised mess of a demonstration

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Nothing anti Johnson or to the team heard at all. Not one boo. Burnley were singing 'Johnson in' at us which was quite funny, our retort was to sing back 'you're nothing special,  we lose every week' 

Loads of Anti Johnson chat, there were loads of us stood in the concourse til at least 60th minute talking about years gone by and how bad LJ was. Quite a few left for the cricket club and the Bricklayers arms.

17 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

They're clearly happy that we're making progress then. Wish I could see it. I really do. 

I don't think the "Johnson In" stuff today was very credible to be honest. Yes it did happen and was loud but there is some important context.

First of all the "superfan" sarcasm doesn't apply here, it's a very young group that do it and all credit to them, they go to all the worst away games and make a load of effort to create an atmosphere. While I didn't think it would be appropriate for me to join in with a "Johnson In" chant, I wouldn't take anything away from this lot for doing so, they are not trying to be superfans, they just enjoy their City away games and do a lot for the atmosphere.

With all that said... some context. There were several pro-LJ chants and I'm sure they were meant, but these culminated in "LJ give us a wave" (and yes, he did). No disrespect to anyone but if your ultimate aim is ever to get the acknowledgement of the manager or players or want anyone to give you a wave, personally I've always found it a bit odd, a bit infatuated with the idea of being appreciated, and as such I'd be less convinced of the thought process or motives for supporting someone.

Not trying to over analyse a nice gesture, just trying to write a polite version of "you are a bit weird if you really need to sing to someone that you'd like them to wave at you, it's a bit too much of a transparently self-affirming love in" because those involved don't deserve my sarcasm or any superfan jibes, because they otherwise do a fantastic job of livening up many dreadful away games.

8 minutes ago, Olé said:

I don't think the "Johnson In" stuff today was very credible to be honest. Yes it did happen and was loud but there is some important context.

First of all the "superfan" sarcasm doesn't apply here, it's a very young group that do it and all credit to them, they go to all the worst away games and make a load of effort to create an atmosphere. While I didn't think it would be appropriate for me to join in with a "Johnson In" chant, I wouldn't take anything away from this lot for doing so, they are not trying to be superfans, they just enjoy their City away games and do a lot for the atmosphere.

With all that said... some context. There were several pro-LJ chants and I'm sure they were meant, but these culminated in "LJ give us a wave" (and yes, he did). No disrespect to anyone but if your ultimate aim is ever to get the acknowledgement of the manager or players or want anyone to give you a wave, personally I've always found it a bit odd, a bit infatuated with the idea of being appreciated, and as such I'd be less convinced of the thought process or motives for supporting someone.

Not trying to over analyse a nice gesture, just trying to write a polite version of "you are a bit weird if you really need to sing to someone that you'd like them to wave at you, it's a bit too much of a transparently self-affirming love in" because those involved don't deserve my sarcasm or any superfan jibes, because they otherwise do a fantastic job of livening up many dreadful away games.

They unfortunately aren't all young but I agree with pretty much all you write, but they do make me cringe at times.

1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

Loads of Anti Johnson chat, there were loads of us stood in the concourse til at least 60th minute talking about years gone by and how bad LJ was. Quite a few left for the cricket club and the Bricklayers arms.

I don't doubt you, but as I stayed in the stand I personally didn't hear any dissent. I was expecting a bit if I'm honest.

Just now, RedM said:

I don't doubt you, but as I stayed in the stand I personally didn't hear any dissent. I was expecting a bit if I'm honest.

That's fine if that's how people feel. I suspect the game was seen as something of a free pass today, however. If it had been a league game... 

Archived