IGNORED

Fans Fighting amongst each other at Burnley?

KeepUpLino

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

I'm a grandad now so it wouldn't show me in a good light if I was outside the directors box with a burning pitchfork!

Not done that for a few years anyway...

There's always time fella... and you can take the grandkids with you and make a day of it!

:farmer:

First post for a while and the first post regarding Johnson.

I don't believe that supporting our football Club, goes hand in hand with supporting the man at the helm. Especially when they are demonstrably failing, week after week, match after match.

I went to QPR early in the season when we were on a good run of form. We lost 1-0, and apart from Lee Tomlin running himself into the ground, it was quite clear to see that there was no confidence, thrust or game plan. When we went 1-0 down, it got even worse.  That performance has repeated ever since.

On to today, and with the appalling and unacceptable run we have been on,  rather than go to a lowly premiership side and get a result, the fixture is being described as a "Get out of jail free card". Why? 100s of City fans traveled up to Lancashire, to watch Championship millionaires plod around a pitch and lose 2-0. This attitude is a microcosm of why we are perennial underachievers, with League one as our natural stomping ground.

We are on the worst run in our 100+ year history and fans are 'so say' split over their allegiance to the Manager. It has been done to death but, how on Earth is Lee Johnson's position tenable, and how is he still manager of Bristol City? Somebody please just answer that question.

In my opinion, at worst, Bristol City football Club is schizophrenic, and at the very (generous) best, inconsistent. Gary Johnson got us to within 90 minutes of the Premier League but was hastily sacked by the board when City went below mid-table. Lee Johnson is still in a job. He should have gone two months ago.

2 hours ago, Olé said:

I don't think the "Johnson In" stuff today was very credible to be honest. Yes it did happen and was loud but there is some important context.

First of all the "superfan" sarcasm doesn't apply here, it's a very young group that do it and all credit to them, they go to all the worst away games and make a load of effort to create an atmosphere. While I didn't think it would be appropriate for me to join in with a "Johnson In" chant, I wouldn't take anything away from this lot for doing so, they are not trying to be superfans, they just enjoy their City away games and do a lot for the atmosphere.

With all that said... some context. There were several pro-LJ chants and I'm sure they were meant, but these culminated in "LJ give us a wave" (and yes, he did). No disrespect to anyone but if your ultimate aim is ever to get the acknowledgement of the manager or players or want anyone to give you a wave, personally I've always found it a bit odd, a bit infatuated with the idea of being appreciated, and as such I'd be less convinced of the thought process or motives for supporting someone.

Not trying to over analyse a nice gesture, just trying to write a polite version of "you are a bit weird if you really need to sing to someone that you'd like them to wave at you, it's a bit too much of a transparently self-affirming love in" because those involved don't deserve my sarcasm or any superfan jibes, because they otherwise do a fantastic job of livening up many dreadful away games.

Exactly this... no fighting, plenty of sarcasm & discussions. Players got a round of applause as they left the pitch, less so towards Johnson.

3 hours ago, glynriley said:

I'm a grandad now so it wouldn't show me in a good light if I was outside the directors box with a burning pitchfork!

Director's Box no.... but I appreciate the extra illumination outside my bedroom window mate.

No fighting as such. Few fans at the back of the stand towards the left hand side shouting Johnson out etc. Couple fans shouting back telling them to get behind the manager and players, war of words, quite heated. Stewards intervened and fellow fans diffused the situation, heard someone say he was going to batter them after the game but at 2-0 the individuals asking for Johnson to be sacked seemed to leave early. Fighting between fans seems a bit extreme, tensions high and it involved at max 6 people. In general the support was very good today, all positive chants for the manager even at full time. 

For the run we have been on lately, and the distance people travelled yesterday, i thought the overall atmosphere from all us fans ( super fans or just normal fans) was very positive. A lot of positive singing to create an atmosphere. Didnt see any fighting between our own fans either just the normal jibes at the Burnley fans. 

11 hours ago, Harry said:

So, let's just clarify - there was NO fighting amongst our own fans, but this thread has been started and we are now arguing amongst each other on here instead?

It's the world we live in now, don't you know? Whether it's Turkey joining the EU or the size of the crowd at a Presidential inauguration.

We're getting good at it here mind: only a few days ago it was Tomlin in the under 23s. I'm just off to start a thread about SL selling out to a multi-millionaire foreign owner.

9 hours ago, Red Wardy Returns said:

First post for a while and the first post regarding Johnson.

I don't believe that supporting our football Club, goes hand in hand with supporting the man at the helm. Especially when they are demonstrably failing, week after week, match after match.

Exactly. I liken the situation of having a shit manager with having a broken clutch on your car. No amount of patience will fix the clutch. 

Just replace it. 

13 hours ago, smokey live said:

Was only young when Osman was in charge but I seem to remember him scoring a diving header and the crowd booed?

That was the day it was announced that Jacki was off. Think it was v Southend utd.

13 hours ago, glynriley said:

To be honest, while I think the fan base is very much in favour of removing the manager, I'm not seeing the anger and vitriol I've seen in years gone by.

Maybe we've all grown up.

Pitchfork wooden handle metal tip. ouch

Thought this FB post was the best for sometime:

City were pretty good yesterday till the first goal at 44 minutes. They matched Burnley, looked very composed in the ball and were tidy in possession. They played like a united team....they were not in disarray.
Then the goal: generated by 2 silly mistakes and the collective confidence on and off the pitch just evaporated.
The fans went quiet, the team became disjointed and everyone on and off the pitch knew that was it....our collective confidence seems shot as soon as we concede!
Tuesday we have to go again. 
The club on and off the pitch needs to unite. The fans need to keep on going and reinvent a wall of noise at The Gate. 
I wish the club would make it a Red and White night. They need to try to do EVERYTHING to lift the team and the manager. R&W nights have a historic reputation for doing that. Come on folks, make it happen.
By the way, great credit to to 670 City fans: not one call for Johnson out was articulated. They supported and clapped at the end: I was proud to be with them.
Our mental stability seems to be so fragile at the moment. Maybe the club need to provide some pre match therapy for 20,000 people on Tuesday: physically we were good, but mentally freaked once their goal went in. BOTH on and off the pitch! 
Wish I could be the Tuesday. My support will continue from afar and I WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO SLATING OUR MANAGER

16 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

City were pretty good yesterday till the first goal at 44 minutes. They matched Burnley, looked very composed in the ball and were tidy in possession. They played like a united team....they were not in disarray.
Then the goal: generated by 2 silly mistakes and the collective confidence on and off the pitch just evaporated.
The fans went quiet, the team became disjointed and everyone on and off the pitch knew that was it....our collective confidence seems shot as soon as we concede!
The club on and off the pitch needs to unite. The fans need to keep on going and reinvent a wall of noise at The Gate. 
I wish the club would make it a Red and White night. They need to try to do EVERYTHING to lift the team and the manager. R&W nights have a historic reputation for doing that. Come on folks, make it happen.
By the way, great credit to to 670 City fans: not one call for Johnson out was articulated. They supported and clapped at the end: I was proud to be with them.
Our mental stability seems to be so fragile at the moment. Maybe the club need to provide some pre match therapy for 20,000 people on Tuesday: physically we were good, but mentally freaked once their goal went in. BOTH on and off the pitch! 
Wish I could be the Tuesday. My support will continue from afar and I WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO SLATING OUR MANAGER

Christ, we have some specials...

14 hours ago, glynriley said:

To be honest, while I think the fan base is very much in favour of removing the manager, I'm not seeing the anger and vitriol I've seen in years gone by.

Maybe we've all grown up.

If we lose against Rotherham,  it'll make Straw Dogs look like a WI outing .... :yawn:

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

It's the world we live in now, don't you know? Whether it's Turkey joining the EU or the size of the crowd at a Presidential inauguration.

We're getting good at it here mind: only a few days ago it was Tomlin in the under 23s. I'm just off to start a thread about SL selling out to a multi-millionaire foreign owner.

Oh God he`s not is he?

Where did you hear this?

What`s your source?

He wouldn`t do it.

Perhaps it`s for the best, who knows?

What if he does, we`re going nowhere with the current lot.

Premier League in five years then.

Oh God, we`re doomed, we`ll be in the conference in three seasons.

Continue in the same vein for twenty pages.:yawn:

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

Nice try Mr Lansdown. 

On 28/01/2017 at 19:35, 'keepuplino' said:

I agree, the man pulling the strings is to blame, this should have been put to bed weeks ago, it's painful to watch, embarrassing, it's damaging our reputation... I have never know it this bad in the 30 years I've followed!!!

Pulis era? I just about remember fans fighting in the stands then. That was more a long slow painful nothingness though 

Archived