IGNORED

How confident are you we will appoint the right man this time?

Flagon

Confident?

Depends whats on the job search spec and the diligence of the interviewers.

Knowledge, track record, confidence, passion, steel, someone who can get the best out of every player. Big name?

Board needs to understand that hiring a manager is an INVESTMENT and nothing less than top quality will do!

3 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Stunning. How many 'fans' want us to lose. Just unbelievable.

Not at all.

I want us to win but the real issue here (as Harry and I both posted independently  last night) is that if we do (after presumably failing to beat Sheffield Wednesday) it will prove absolutely nothing, because even if you forget the record breaking last 8 league games stat, the last 13 results now are won 1 drawn 1 lost 11.

We have managed just one league win since October, so the reality is beating a side in Rotherham (who may well be the only team below us soon) proves nothing and if our owner thinks doing so proves he is the right man for the job, then he is completely wrong.

I am sure that the readers of this forum and the wider fan base must be so sick of this merry-go-round of fighting relegation -  relegation - promotion and spending  season after season watching who is below us.  With the notable exception of the double cup season we have the same threads/sense of despair  year after year after year.   I am almost done with it all. 

49 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not at all.

I want us to win but the real issue here (as Harry and I both posted independently  last night) is that if we do (after presumably failing to beat Sheffield Wednesday) it will prove absolutely nothing, because even if you forget the record breaking last 8 league games stat, the last 13 results now are won 1 drawn 1 lost 11.

We have managed just one league win since October, so the reality is beating a side in Rotherham (who may well be the only team below us soon) proves nothing and if our owner thinks doing so proves he is the right man for the job, then he is completely wrong.

We just need that one win, though Graham. That's all. First it was three windows. Now it's just one win. Then watch us go

4 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Stunning how many people are happy for us to be relegated, purely to try and prove some bogus point about Lee Johnson.

Those 'fans' are few and far between imho

I think this thread has got into the direction of either you think a win at at home to Rotherham will start the move forward or a win is just window dressing.

My view is that SL's judgement will be clouded by a win at home next Saturday.....and I'm not sure where the guaranteed three points comes from....it won't be an easy game.

Do I want us to win on Tuesday and Saturday? Yes.

Do I want us to get relegated? No

Do I want someone else in charge? Yes

By when? Ahead of Sheffield Wednesday - because any positive results we get in the next two games will be seen as Johnson is the man to take us forward, when I've reached the conclusion he isn't.

Dressing room bust-ups or not, media interview spin or not, I have no doubts that this squad is more than capable of 10-14th place, yet it is being stifled.  I think the current head-coach is the reason.

Personally, I think you could put Pembo in charge and you'd see a change immediately.  I think the players have no belief in the coaching textbook.

Archived