IGNORED

Changed my opinion

ontariored

Well, I am sure some posters on here will rip me apart, but oh well!

Today, I have woken up with a different perspective. In my opinion, a more mature perspective.

I started off after hearing about the bust-up between LT and LJ and players on the team going to the chairman as well as players having a verbal go at other players in a certain game; this fuelled resentment and emotions within me "LJ out."  By the way, I still believe that if results and performance doesn't get positive then changes need to happen and soon.

We are all brought up, well must of us, to do well at what we take on, it's in our genes.In BCFC case, I am glad there has been the emotional fall-outs, it shows players care, we all care. LJ has reported he is ashamed of the trend. Leaders, managers, coaches, have to look at the big picture and the future, results are in the games. So what if there is unrest in the team, wouldnt you be ticked off if there wasn't? If they, the players, coaches up to SL, were all smiling and happy it would tell me that nobody cared.

So, I am behind the team, LJ and SL. An "about face," Ok, yes if you like. But if results don't improve changes need to happen, and soon.

2 hours ago, ontariored said:

Well, I am sure some posters on here will rip me apart, but oh well!

Today, I have woken up with a different perspective. In my opinion, a more mature perspective.

I started off after hearing about the bust-up between LT and LJ and players on the team going to the chairman as well as players having a verbal go at other players in a certain game; this fuelled resentment and emotions within me "LJ out."  By the way, I still believe that if results and performance doesn't get positive then changes need to happen and soon.

We are all brought up, well must of us, to do well at what we take on, it's in our genes.In BCFC case, I am glad there has been the emotional fall-outs, it shows players care, we all care. LJ has reported he is ashamed of the trend. Leaders, managers, coaches, have to look at the big picture and the future, results are in the games. So what if there is unrest in the team, wouldnt you be ticked off if there wasn't? If they, the players, coaches up to SL, were all smiling and happy it would tell me that nobody cared.

So, I am behind the team, LJ and SL. An "about face," Ok, yes if you like. But if results don't improve changes need to happen, and soon.

According to some, you have caught a case of the 'Happy Clapper'. Welcome to the club.

So your not happy but think he deserves more time - nothing wrong with that. Personally if he turns it around I would be delighted, but I see zero signs of that, and the football I have seen - well the thought of having to see it week in week out hardly makes me think of going to AG as entertainment (there again what's new right !).

This is probably the easiest championship season to survive for a long time. It has Poor teams like Rotherham, Wigan, Burton and Blackburn. LJ has spent millions and has been given a wonderkid striker from Chelsea. What more does LJ need to do well this season?

1 minute ago, BCFCFreeman said:

This is probably the easiest championship season to survive for a long time. It has Poor teams like Rotherham, Wigan, Burton and Blackburn. LJ has spent millions and has been given a wonderkid striker from Chelsea. What more does LJ need to do well this season?

He could be given the barca 11 and still relegate them, genuinely cant think of a worse manager anywhere if im being honest, he truly is the pits...

7 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Waste of post. Your behind him but if results contine he has to go....summed up

Hey, you, condensed versions are Big Tone's domain.... get off his cloud!

:)  (OK yeah, but no, but yeah?)

( N.B. apologies @Davefevs  didn't notice your post before posting mine... still they do say great minds think alike, erm, innit? )

I feel just like the OP, but I guess there are quite a few of us in the same boat.

Never rated LJ as a player (the situation made him a daddys boy, no matter what he could do), it also meant a far better player in Alex Russell was overlooked for long periods, did not like the thousand sideway passes that went nowhere, did not want him as manager (but stayed silent (I think!))...

BUT.... now he is here, I have grown to like him, completely get what he talks about, I think he is going to be a fantastic manager, but suspect it will be in a few years time at another club (As per a huge list of players and managers who have passedt hrough on the way up and deemed not good enough during their time with us).

So I am keeping my fingers cross that the two Germans (who look far better players then anything we had) help him turn it around fast.

Failing that, why not make promote him director of football, he has a very good brain and the club at heart. I would be very sad to lose his talent from the club I love.

9 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

I feel just like the OP, but I guess there are quite a few of us in the same boat.

Never rated LJ as a player (the situation made him a daddys boy, no matter what he could do), it also meant a far better player in Alex Russell was overlooked for long periods, did not like the thousand sideway passes that went nowhere, did not want him as manager (but stayed silent (I think!))...

BUT.... now he is here, I have grown to like him, completely get what he talks about, I think he is going to be a fantastic manager, but suspect it will be in a few years time at another club (As per a huge list of players and managers who have passedt hrough on the way up and deemed not good enough during their time with us).

So I am keeping my fingers cross that the two Germans (who look far better players then anything we had) help him turn it around fast.

Failing that, why not make promote him director of football, he has a very good brain and the club at heart. I would be very sad to lose his talent from the club I love.

Not an opinion I agree with , and based on what I'm not sure (I'm the opposite to you in so much I rated him as a player more than many did , but have near on zero faith in his managerial / Head Coach position )

but 

' As per a huge list of players and managers who have passed through on the way up and deemed not good enough during their time with us '

Who / what huge list have you got ?

Takes some real thinking back to think of very many at all, or perhaps my memory is failing ?

Archived