IGNORED

Random Topic Title #2

We live in hope

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Actually, they are all a gamble. There are no guarantees. Think of Cotts' pre-season. Kodj worked out brilliantly, and was the best bit of business the club has ever done, "proven" Championship player Fredricks was a waste of space.

Fredericks was hardly a waste of space.  He only played three times for us before something happened. Whatever it was - training ground bust up or whatever - it was another case of poor man management under a different manager

Same old, same old with City.

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Fredericks was hardly a waste of space.  He only played three times for us before something happened. Whatever it was - training ground bust up or whatever - it was another case of poor man management under a different manager

Same old, same old with City.

And didn't look that great in those games.

My point was that in bringing players in, there are never any guarantees - no matter what they've done elsewhere. It's not Football Manager 2017

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

And didn't look that great in those games.

My point was that in bringing players in, there are never any guarantees - no matter what they've done elsewhere. It's not Football Manager 2017

I agree there is never a guarantee.

But I also think three games is too short a time to come to judgement

Moreover in Fredericks case it pointed up that all was not hunky dory with the club management even back then

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Well until I see some proof that Tomlin has fallen out with Flint and Flint is LJ's "snitch" and everyone has to agree with "the blazers" (whoever they are) I will reserve the right to call your post out as just speculation.

I put the blame for our fall down the table on a head coach not coaching and not managing.

Let's hope he astounds us, turns it around, and this sad little episode is all forgotten....

Nothing wrong with ' blazers ' .

56 minutes ago, We live in hope said:

I called it "YES MAN CITY" clearly upset those above!

The value of grammar! 

"Yes men" City...would've been clearer.  Your shouty grammarless title instead made it seem like you were on about celebrating something Manchester City have done!  I 100% see why people were confused!  (though to be fair, in my opinion the actual post didn't do a huge amount to alleviate any confusion!)

I 100% disagree with almost everything you said in the post.

6 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

The value of grammar! 

"Yes men" City...would've been clearer.  Your shouty grammarless title instead made it seem like you were on about celebrating something Manchester City have done!  I 100% see why people were confused!  (though to be fair, in my opinion the actual post didn't do a huge amount to alleviate any confusion!)

I 100% disagree with almost everything you said in the post.

My apologies thank you for the lesson! You might disagree that does not change the fact many on here agree judging by many of the posts I have read... troubling times especially being led by a manager who has no proven experience or success as a manager. Though feel free to blow smoke where ever you choose ;-)

3 hours ago, We live in hope said:

In reality the problem with Ashton gate is the blazer brigade! The old boy network mentality where if your not constantly subservient to those above then there can be no place for you as a manager at Ashton gate. I cant help but feel Luke Ayling left for his so called Cheltenham antics, however its been a blessing for him since good luck to him I say. The interview with Tomlin was well nothing more than him being told what to say and by looking at him he has given up trying to be the talisman he should be for whatever reason though I suspect poor man management. By Tomlins own admission he has fallen out with Flint on a regular basis, this speaks volumes! Flint has cost us 12 points this season and clearly must be LJ's informer to still hold his place in the team after all LJ drops people like flies whom he believes are to blame for the teams poor performance but not old flinty!....

Sadly none of us expect to win tomorrow and lets be honest if Wednesday play to their current form and we do the same it will be over in the first 45. I hope out of some where LJ can restore the balance and harmony within the team because as it stands the losing mentality is ingrained within the players and the embarrassment of losing has lost its sting...

As for Freeman yes he has not done wonders this season and to be fair he is one of the best players we have with the ball at his feet no doubt another manager will get him firing and doing well bit like Ayling. In the meantime we can look forward to scanning the continent for a bargain in the vein hope they will settle quickly in the UK and adapt to the demands of the championship. Great thanks for that Mark Ashton!

Agree with every word. 

2 hours ago, Griffin said:

Christ you're pessimistic, I give us at least 10 minutes.

C'mon, you know that it'll be a turgid first 43 minutes, and as fans we will all be thinking let's just get to halftime. Unfortunately the players will be thinking the same and we'll concede. 

2 hours ago, We live in hope said:

Flint mistakes are on video reply to see old chap!

Every defender in football makes errors and misjudgments that lead to opposition goals - just like strikers missing chances it's unavoidable and bound to happen. It's a defenders' all round consistency, attitude and positive effect on their team mates which are more important. The more they get involved in the action - and Flint is always 100% involved, particularly with our weak midfield - the more chance of that involvement leading to 'mistakes' but also the more times they will save the team with last ditch tackles, blocks, interceptions, goal line clearances etc.

Over the last 18 months at this level flint is vastly in credit.

Despite your comments he's now a proven Championship defender. I'd imagine that's very obvious to most City fans, but tellingly he's highly rated by opposition fans too, who often pick him out him as City's outstanding player.

That he's underappreciated by some at AG is not in doubt, but to many others it's clear he'll leave a huge hole when he eventually moves on.That will almost certainly be for a far more successful Championship club than BCFC, or even possibly to the PL, and for the kind of big fee that shows how highly rated he is beyond a few at AG who have simply never taken to him.

If he's the liability you indicate his next move would be sideways to a lowly Championship club, or even downwards to div. 1.

No chance of either of those scenarios imo.

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Every defender in football makes errors and misjudgments that lead to opposition goals - just like strikers missing chances it's unavoidable and bound to happen. It's a defenders' all round consistency, attitude and positive effect on their team mates which are more important. The more they get involved in the action - and Flint is always 100% involved, particularly with our weak midfield - the more chance of that involvement leading to 'mistakes' but also the more times they will save the team with last ditch tackles, blocks, interceptions, goal line clearances etc.

I can not argue with what I have quoted. Point being Tomlin never hides from the ball and is constantly looking for it yet benched! Flint when turned by decent opposition looses two yards in an instance he is not top level yet alone championship level. He's a decent defender in lower league but not solid enough for high end championship football as of yet...

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

The one time you can say it was entirely Flint's fault we lost a game was the ridiculous back pass one (late night last night for me - not used to it these days - forgot our opponents that match). Other than that he's saved more points then he's given away. As someone who is habitually our last line of defence, people whose only knowledge of the game is goal highlights may see balls whizzing past him and wrongly assume it's "Flint's fault". That shows a football illiteracy in my view.

The games we've lost have been the whole teams' responsibility: attackers and attacking midfielders not taking chances and not taking decent set pieces; midfielders allowing the ball to run past them unchallenged; defence and defensive midfielders standing off and allowing shots to be taken; keepers not claiming crosses and reacting far too late to speculative long-range shots. 

At the zenith of this pyramid of failure is the head coach who doesn't coach these mistakes out of the team, doesn't know his strongest XI or recognise his most dangerous formation, handled the Freeman saga poorly and cannot seem to inspire his side.

It's f all to do with "blazers" or cliques or an owner  who actually is so hands off that he's rarely on mainland Britain, let alone in the same city, as the club.

People love a good conspiracy don't they? Worst thing about the internet in my view. Conjecture reported as fact.

Isn't it crazy?..Some believe the Earth to be spheroid..

3 minutes ago, We live in hope said:

I can not argue with what I have quoted. Point being Tomlin never hides from the ball and is constantly looking for it yet benched! Flint when turned by decent opposition looses two yards in an instance he is not top level yet alone championship level. He's a decent defender in lower league but not solid enough for high end championship football as of yet...

I wasn't comparing Flint with Tomlin.

That the two apparently fall out regularly means little more than they both hate losing, both get emotionally involved and are opinionated. If they fall out regularly it also follows they 'make up' frequently too, or it would be a permanent fallout. So no problem afaic.

Tomlin and Flint would be 2 of the first names on my City team sheet, but LJ would no doubt say he has far more options in midfield, so can afford to shuffle more often, and he certainly doesn't hold back from doing so, often to the total bafflement of everyone else ( including the players, no doubt)  As I said Flint is as reliable and consistent as they come, is always 100% involved and overall the positives he provides far outweigh the occasional negative.

That he's always picked doesn't mean he's 'LJ's informer' or some sort of subservient coach's pet, simply that it's obvious - even to the otherwise seemingly often bewildered LJ - that City are always going to be a stronger team with Flint at the heart of it..

Archived