IGNORED

Things Could Be Worse

Unan

SO'D: "There's nobody in the city going to focus on the positives...."

Not true, SO'D. There was @spudski

Tbf to him, we played well first half that night but didn't score. Then Brentford scored with a deflected shot from outside the box. And that was it. SO'D's law.

5 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

That's what you call "up for the fight" spud.

What...shouting and swearing at your own fans? How does that attitude win match's...you need calm thoughtful leaders to direct men to go to war for you. Not people who lose their head and shout....as my dear mother used to say...'Empty vessels and all that.....' He's like the Donald Trump of football...

51 minutes ago, spudski said:

What...shouting and swearing at your own fans? How does that attitude win match's...you need calm thoughtful leaders to direct men to go to war for you. Not people who lose their head and shout....as my dear mother used to say...'Empty vessels and all that.....' He's like the Donald Trump of football...

Yup, tbh in a way I don't blame him as a human being for reacting but alot worse has been directed at other managers yet they had a certain dignity of not rising to it...

As a professional he acted appallingly 

6 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

@spudski was that you he was mouthing off at ;)

No mate...SC was right in what he was saying, we were passing the ball about. I wouldn't shout at a manager...they all try their best. Some dick head fans just don't understand football and gob off thinking they do. Felt for SC tbh...don't like him as a bloke, or particularly think he's a good manager at Championship level...but he was trying, even if I didn't agree with the way he was going about it. Managers don't deserve the shit they get from some fans.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

No mate...SC was right in what he was saying, we were passing the ball about. I wouldn't shout at a manager...they all try their best. Some dick head fans just don't understand football and gob off thinking they do. Felt for SC tbh...don't like him as a bloke, or particularly think he's a good manager at Championship level...but he was trying, even if I didn't agree with the way he was going about it. Managers don't deserve the shit they get from some fans.

Purely tongue in cheek of course there Spud but I agree, no manager deserves that kind of shit really and can't blame him for reacting but that was the final nail in his coffin here methinks.. You simply can't do that, no matter how much of a dick this fan was

1 minute ago, spudski said:

I was actually just thinking, to be fair to SC and O'D, as someone myself whose career is played out in front of thousands of people I totally understand the stress of doing a job under the watch of so many judging eyes, the pressure is immense sometimes - add to that the multimillions involved in football and the tribal nature of it all, no wonder they crack sometimes. 

3 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

Let it ******* go.

Jesus, the constant berating of our ex managers by people with such obvious agendas is bloody boring.

Obvious agendas? I don't think I've ever mentioned him before, so not sure how you are jumping to that conclusion.

I'm actually part of the Johnson clan and Lee's taught me his 'deflection' methods, just relieving some pressure off of him.

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I was actually just thinking, to be fair to SC and O'D, as someone myself whose career is played out in front of thousands of people I totally understand the stress of doing a job under the watch of so many judging eyes, the pressure is immense sometimes - add to that the multimillions involved in football and the tribal nature of it all, no wonder they crack sometimes. 

I find the whole thing embarrassing tbh mate. Every manager and player is trying to win. They are doing it for our Club which Supporters say they love.

As a parent, you wouldn't watch your young son playing football or managing, and boo and call him crap, and give him abuse if he was losing and making mistakes...you'd keep on encouraging...'C'mon lad, you can do it, keep going, suck it up, get stuck in, concentrate, keep trying C'mon lad'. Yet some fans show their frustration by abusing rather than encouraging when things are going wrong...to the Club, players and managers they say they love.

Do you only encourage and praise your loved one's when they are doing well? Seems so with so many.

18 minutes ago, spudski said:

Agree. Where I disagree is in how damning I would be of his reaction: I'm not at all, don't think it reflects on his temperament being a weak spot (there are other, better examples of that). 

When you have morons shouting at you, after a really frustrating defeat, who have little more than cabbage between their ears and their only way to articulate and debate is to swear and to call for you to be sacked I think it somewhat pious to expect there to be no reaction. Look at SOD with his stupid question; that was equally as unprofessional it just didn't include effing and blinding; well, that was a different situation dealing with a professional rather than a buffoon. 

Unprofessional yes, a moment of weakness, yes. Understandable, excusable, without doubt. A sign of poor control of emotions, no - a demonstration he was human. 

In any case not sure where the idea you need to have a control of emotions to be successful in football - or professional - comes from. Football is a game which is wholly unprofessional from the top to the very bottom and everywhere inbetween. Players showing no respect for officials, Wenger pushing a guy, Fergie showering saliva over officials with his swearing tirades, le great sulk, Mourinho slagging off officials left, right, centre; diving. Could go on. The idea that a manager should have a strong control of emotions or be stoic even... can't think of one example other than Glenn Roeder. 

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

I find the whole thing embarrassing tbh mate. Every manager and player is trying to win. They are doing it for our Club which Supporters say they love.

As a parent, you wouldn't watch your young son playing football or managing, and boo and call him crap, and give him abuse if he was losing and making mistakes...you'd keep on encouraging...'C'mon lad, you can do it, keep going, suck it up, get stuck in, concentrate, keep trying C'mon lad'. Yet some fans show their frustration by abusing rather than encouraging when things are going wrong...to the Club, players and managers they say they love.

Do you only encourage and praise your loved one's when they are doing well? Seems so with so many.

So what your basically saying is that after losing eight or nine league games in a row we should politely applaud and say something along the lines of 'bad luck old man, you gave it your best shot, better luck next time!'

We spend our hard earnt cash following the club we love and if we aint happy with what we see we are perfectly entitled to say so. This is football not feckin croquet!

16 minutes ago, spudski said:

Absolutely spot on.

Football certainly brings out all the emotions, I just wonder sometimes ultimately it's the fact the fan has no control over the club and team whatsoever and that's a scary feeling, especially when you pin your identity and self esteem on the club's results. 

1 minute ago, cityironman said:

So what your basically saying is that after losing eight or nine league games in a row we should politely applaud and say something along the lines of 'bad luck old man, you gave it your best shot, better luck next time!'

We spend our hard earnt cash following the club we love and if we aint happy with what we see we are perfectly entitled to say so. This is football not feckin croquet!

No I'm not...I'm saying get behind the team and coach. If he wins 8 on the bounce...bet you'd the first to bask in the Glory. Typical sing when we're winning. Your hard earned cash spent on a ticket doesn't come with a guarantee of winning. It's football...not the cinema.

I dislike SC...I criticised him on here, but I never booed him, abused him at the ground, or abused the players. He and the team all tried to win.

I'll have to remember that their are family members that only want to support the family when things are going well and it also depends on money being spent.

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Absolutely spot on.

Football certainly brings out all the emotions, I just wonder sometimes ultimately it's the fact the fan has no control over the club and team whatsoever and that's a scary feeling, especially when you pin your identity and self esteem on the club's results. 

It's down to not knowing enough about what's going on. If every fan saw everything that happened at a club throughout the week, and understood all it's workings and reasons why players weren't playing well, personal reasons etc then I'm sure their nature towards everything would be different.

Judging things on 90 mins, gossip, and a few media clips, doesn't give the whole story.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

No I'm not...I'm saying get behind the team and coach. If he wins 8 on the bounce...bet you'd the first to bask in the Glory. Typical sing when we're winning. Your hard earned cash spent on a ticket doesn't come with a guarantee of winning. It's football...not the cinema.

I dislike SC...I criticised him on here, but I never booed him, abused him at the ground, or abused the players. He and the team all tried to win.

I'll have to remember that their are family members that only want to support the family when things are going well and it also depends on money being spent.

I appreciate your sentiment Spud, and all City fans are behind the team, regardless of the head coach.

Unfortunately, Johnson's reign is becoming like the shawshank redemption. With more tunnelling through s**t and no f****ng redemption.

Archived