IGNORED

Taylor - a Gas view

Former Pirate

9 hours ago, grove park city said:

While your on here In the net.

What the hell is going on with Rovers ground building ?

Mr Wael senior is due in the UK this week for final talks with UWE - apparently. 

Contracts will be exchanged and completed on the training facilities on either Thursday or Friday, this week.

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

Rumour was that Cardiff were interested - maybe they couldn't match the wages on offer at AG, or maybe he preferred not to up sticks and move? Not sure we'll ever know what money changed hands, this morning's favourite seems to be £300k and paying up the rest of his contract - still a no brainer to buy him anyway.  A fair number of Rovers fans thought that he wouldn't be up to making the grade from Conference to League Two, and similarly to League One, but he did, and you could see his game improving as he progressed. No particular reason to assume that he can't do so again, so will be watching with interest (not literally watching, of course!)

Some out of order stuff on social media yesterday, hopefully all talk and no action, as per usual for such morons.

You don't really understand this contract malarkey do you? Not surprising considering you all thought the Sainsburys contract was water tight.

But let me explain a few things for you.

300k we bid and due to the clause in his contract that bid had to be accepted. Not even a sell on fee would have been included as it didn't need to be as we met the release clause.

Matty Taylor didn't ask to leave you. You were forced to sell him because of the clause in his contract. Unless there was a clause in his contract it's likely you will have had to pay him something, not sure what exactly but something will be paid to him from you, thus reducing the 300k you got from us.

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Prior to this window we had two strikers on our books permanently, Wilbs who will soon be collecting his pension and Engvall who despite looking promising hasn't for some reason managed to get into the first team.

So you may comfort yourselves with the thought that we've only signed him to halt your progress but the truth is we needed a striker and thats what we have got. Nothing more to it.

You may be creeping closer position wise but trust me you are still a billion light years away from us off of the pitch.

Matty Taylor looked like all his Christmas's and birthdays came at once when he was looking around AG. 

Apparently he was a bit confused; he asked to see the tents.

2 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Apparently he was a bit confused; he asked to see the tents.

I see that that gazebo that we had in front of the LS has disappeared, im starting to think this was included in the release clause? 

When he signed a contract I think he said make it 300k, they said no let's make it 300k and a gazebo. Everyone then agreed to that.

4 hours ago, bearded_red said:

I can tell you from experience that the bit about Phillips not having gone for a beer in town is an absolutely enormous lie.

Can I also add that whilst he was first choice keeper over the other side of the river I saw him shopping in Sainsbury's in Ashton Gate more than once.

Hardly the part of town you would choose to spend your time in if this load of old nonsense was all true, is it?

• Admin
2 hours ago, In the Net said:

Rumour was that Cardiff were interested - maybe they couldn't match the wages on offer at AG, or maybe he preferred not to up sticks and move? Not sure we'll ever know what money changed hands, this morning's favourite seems to be £300k and paying up the rest of his contract - still a no brainer to buy him anyway.  A fair number of Rovers fans thought that he wouldn't be up to making the grade from Conference to League Two, and similarly to League One, but he did, and you could see his game improving as he progressed. No particular reason to assume that he can't do so again, so will be watching with interest (not literally watching, of course!)

Some out of order stuff on social media yesterday, hopefully all talk and no action, as per usual for such morons.

Unfortunately not it would seem from some social media postings today. :( 

5 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

I must ask FP/ ITN or any other of our 'visitors' (good post by the way FP), would MT have even signed the contract last summer without the 'release clause' being that figure? I wonder if he was hankering for a move but didn't want to be priced out of one while protecting your club so that you would, at least, get something?

I appreciate it's us, which rankles, but he seems to have done little wrong apart from moving across the city. If it was any other Championship club etc etc?

Almost certainly not, I'd say. Although I do wonder why they allowed it to be so low, all things considered, and didn't even attempt to renegotiate in the last six months.

It was obvious back then that he was only ever here this season for the cash, he shook hands on a contract with Oxford - 'his' club - and then signed for us. He was rumoured (how accurate I have no idea) to be trousering £6k a week this season. Not sure I believe it but he will definitely have been earning half of that at least.

Agree with your last paragraph, had he signed for Derby or Birmingham, he'd be getting gratitude and good wishes.

EDIT: oh and those 'fans' posting Matty's home address etc online are cockwombles. Utter plankton.

3 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Almost certainly not, I'd say. Although I do wonder why they allowed it to be so low, all things considered, and didn't even attempt to renegotiate in the last six months.

It was obvious back then that he was only ever here this season for the cash, he shook hands on a contract with Oxford - 'his' club - and then signed for us. He was rumoured (how accurate I have no idea) to be trousering £6k a week this season. Not sure I believe it but he will definitely have been earning half of that at least.

Agree with your last paragraph, had he signed for Derby or Birmingham, he'd be getting gratitude and good wishes.

To be fair he's getting plenty of that. But who'd have thought it would be from us?! ;) 

41 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

EDIT: oh and those 'fans' posting Matty's home address etc online are cockwombles. Utter plankton.

Good reply FP. I wonder if your club had their hand forced by his agent?  Spot on with the highlighted bit too. We all love our respective clubs but wouldn't even contemplate doing something like that. I really hope the stories of police vans outside his home and him being moved for his own safety are just stories but, I fear, they may have some substance.

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

You don't really understand this contract malarkey do you? Not surprising considering you all thought the Sainsburys contract was water tight.

But let me explain a few things for you.

300k we bid and due to the clause in his contract that bid had to be accepted. Not even a sell on fee would have been included as it didn't need to be as we met the release clause.

Matty Taylor didn't ask to leave you. You were forced to sell him because of the clause in his contract. Unless there was a clause in his contract it's likely you will have had to pay him something, not sure what exactly but something will be paid to him from you, thus reducing the 300k you got from us.

I totally get that once the magic figure has been reached, there is nothing the home club can do to prevent a sale. I've never heard of the home club having to pay the departing player money though.

13 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I totally get that once the magic figure has been reached, there is nothing the home club can do to prevent a sale. I've never heard of the home club having to pay the departing player money though.

If he hasn't asked for a transfer and there isn't some form of clause in the contract he signed, you are obliged to honour the terms of his contract with you, just as we are still paying Steve Cotterill.

11 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

If he hasn't asked for a transfer and there isn't some form of clause in the contract he signed, you are obliged to honour the terms of his contract with you, just as we are still paying Steve Cotterill.

Yep this is what I was thinking of but contracts are so complex I couldn't tell you if it was included in his contract.

When a player leaves against his will say to a lower league club I know his current club makes up the shortfall in wages, not sure how it works if it's a player like Taylor who's moved on to better wages.

Someone said he was on 6k a week which over a year works out at roughly 300k. I'm thinking the 300k fee may be related to his wages? So in fact Rovers basically got a player for free for half a season?

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Yep this is what I was thinking of but contracts are so complex I couldn't tell you if it was included in his contract.

When a player leaves against his will say to a lower league club I know his current club makes up the shortfall in wages, not sure how it works if it's a player like Taylor who's moved on to better wages.

It makes sense if they're moving to a less favourable contract elsewhere, without having requested to do so.  My view would be that, when the player has insisted on a release clause in his contract, he is basically asking to leave if certain conditions are met?

It seems like a minefield, no doubt the agents and lawyers are sipping champagne on their yachts in Monte Carlo as soon as the window has closed.

11 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Someone said he was on 6k a week which over a year works out at roughly 300k. I'm thinking the 300k fee may be related to his wages? So in fact Rovers basically got a player for free for half a season?

My understanding is the same UTC.

3 minutes ago, In the Net said:

It makes sense if they're moving to a less favourable contract elsewhere, without having requested to do so.  My view would be that, when the player has insisted on a release clause in his contract, he is basically asking to leave if certain conditions are met?

It seems like a minefield, no doubt the agents and lawyers are sipping champagne on their yachts in Monte Carlo as soon as the window has closed.

I would imagine there would be some form of termination clause otherwise every player would have a release clause of £100K with a long term contract. Get sold for £100K and pocket years of unpaid wages. Repeat ad nauseum.

Then again, the legal side of your cub haven't had the greatest of track records recently have they?

7 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Im thinking as he signed a contract for you to pay him reportedly 6k a week for the duration of his contract so maybe that is Payable out of the transfer fee?

Thinking of it this way why should we pay him the 6k a week you were contracted to pay him then pay him the higher wages on top of that? 

I'm thinking you may actually be paying half of his wages for us? Or were paying him 12k and he's getting 6k from you.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Im thinking as he signed a contract for you to pay him reportedly 6k a week for the duration of his contract so maybe that is Payable out of the transfer fee?

Thinking of it this way why should we pay him the 6k a week you were contracted to pay him then pay him the higher wages on top of that? 

I'm thinking you may actually be paying half of his wages for us? Or were paying him 12k and he's getting 6k from you.

FFS - I was just about coming to terms with the events of yesterday!  Having read the above, I'm going to keep the sharp implements locked away for at least another 24 hours. :shocking:

16 minutes ago, In the Net said:

FFS - I was just about coming to terms with the events of yesterday!  Having read the above, I'm going to keep the sharp implements locked away for at least another 24 hours. :shocking:

I could be wrong, but following our discussion that thought popped into my head, it wouldn't make sense for us to paying all of his wages when he is already guarenteed to earn Xk a week for the reminder of his contract with you.

I don't know the finer details of the contract so don't go reaching for the sharp implements just yet.

10 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

Good reply FP. I wonder if your club had their hand forced by his agent?  Spot on with the highlighted bit too. We all love our respective clubs but wouldn't even contemplate doing something like that. I really hope the stories of police vans outside his home and him being moved for his own safety are just stories but, I fear, they may have some substance.

I heard there was a planned protest at Ashton Gate by them on Tuesday by their fans,. dunno if anything came of it.

13 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I see that that gazebo that we had in front of the LS has disappeared, im starting to think this was included in the release clause? 

When he signed a contract I think he said make it 300k, they said no let's make it 300k and a gazebo. Everyone then agreed to that.

Seems fair...

18 hours ago, DancinDannyD said:

Sadly that's true.  And regretfully all clubs have some total melts that take things too far.  Not unlike Steve Phillips who had death threats and bricks through windows when he joined the Gas, and to this day he hasn't gone out for a drink again in the City Centre for fear of reprisals (apparently he's on Points West later too to talk about it).

So it's very sad and a terribly sorry state of affairs when football fans go to such extremes over someone just doing their job but this isn't an area where City fans can claim the moral high ground I'm afraid, all clubs City included have their fair share of morons!

We have more morons than the Gas obviously. 

15 hours ago, In the Net said:

Mr Wael senior is due in the UK this week for final talks with UWE - apparently. 

Contracts will be exchanged and completed on the training facilities on either Thursday or Friday, this week.

We need a bigger Club Shop, maybe we should step in and start negotiations with UWE for the same plot of land?

A large out of town outlet and showroom plus warehousing for stock support for the stadium shop would come in handy... 

All's fair in love and war ... may the best man win!  COYRs .... :devil: 

13 hours ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

I can't see Rovers had any clout in pushing the 'release any higher-the ball firmly in the agent's court with that one.

16 hours ago, In the Net said:

Cardiff?... Cardiff ffs, they had no chance.

Matty Taylor had to cross one river to come to us, Cardiff would have been a bridge too far.

33 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

Are some city players on 18k a week????

I imagine Tomlin is in a league of his own, wages wise. How much that figure is, I have no idea. The Championship really is light years apart from L1 and 2, money wise. 

The average wage of our squad would be well, well below that. 

Archived