IGNORED

Losing run ENDS!!!

Inactive user

7 minutes ago, Taz said:

Expected nothing from tonight, happy with a point. Have to win against Rotherham though. HAVE to win.

Sounded like we played with more confidence and to come back twice shows some character we thought was missing. Please Please Please be the turning of the corner!!

I thought it was the best City performance I've seen during this run. I don't have any complaints with what LJ was trying to do today, the team were bright and tried to go forward, the players knew their jobs and were playing for the manager. 

Best Joe Bryan performance for months, don't know where that came from, he really put a shift in and stayed tight to his man. We had a hopeless 45 minutes from Little who did the opposite, but adjusted well at half time. 

Hegeler was class and the mistake for the goal cost him a 10 performance, it was that good otherwise. Duric looked far sharper and stronger when be came on than he has done so far. Hopefully people saw why I said Giefler on Saturday could look calamitous at times.

And Tomlin - what a return. All heart and lots of purpose, unplayable at times, just needs to play the simple ball a few times when it is actually the easier route to goal.

Fantastic atmosphere, deserved point, I wouldn't do LJ the disservice of picking up anything because I honestly thought we setup well and played the right game and bar 15 minutes in both halfs where we let them pass through us and gave Bannan too much space, I thought we were far tighter and closed down better.

Well done to all concerned. I can't believe I'm going to say this but WE GO AGAIN.

5 minutes ago, Olé said:

I thought it was the best City performance I've seen during this run. I don't have any complaints with what LJ was trying to do today, the team were bright and tried to go forward, the players knew their jobs and were playing for the manager. 

Best Joe Bryan performance for months, don't know where that came from, he really put a shift in and stayed tight to his man. We had a hopeless 45 minutes from Little who did the opposite, but adjusted well at half time. 

Hegeler was class and the mistake for the goal cost him a 10 performance, it was that good otherwise. Duric looked far sharper and stronger when be came on than he has done so far. Hopefully people saw why I said Giefler on Saturday could look calamitous at times.

And Tomlin - what a return. All heart and lots of purpose, unplayable at times, just needs to play the simple ball a few times when it is actually the easier route to goal.

Fantastic atmosphere, deserved point, I wouldn't do LJ the disservice of picking up anything because I honestly thought we setup well and played the right game and bar 15 minutes in both halfs where we let them pass through us and gave Bannan too much space, I thought we were far tighter and closed down better.

Well done to all concerned. I can't believe I'm going to say this but WE GO AGAIN.

Really?

Not trying to take the piss... just genuinely astonished!!

We were punchless, toothless and clueless as usual.

15 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Really?

Mate.. Compared to Forest, Ipswich, Wolves, Reading, Cardiff, Burnley and various other games that was a pleasure today. Maybe my expectations were at rock bottom, maybe I've seen so much dross I can't take it in anymore, but for me it was a definite improvement and far far better and purposeful than the rubbish at Forest.

Wednesday are a decent team and Bannan can take you apart if you give him enough space and time - we did at times but for the most part I thought we really stood up to them. Not often recently I've been able to say I could see some idea of how to compete on both sides or the ball.

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

Really?

So City were dross and still managed a draw against a decent team, bloody hell, there's hope for us yet.

Well done LJ

8 hours ago, Superjack said:

Really?

I didn't go tonight as I am away with work in Belfast, so I can't comment on the perfomance.

What I don't understand is what those who are making negative comments were expecting. From @Olé s piece I get a side trying to rebuild confidence and integrate the new additions, it sounds fairly successful.

If others were expecting us to put the bad run behind us and play like it hasn't happened, then I feel you were always going to be disappointed.

Archived