IGNORED

Options for Saturday....

spudski

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Can I just go on record and say, that after all these excellent signings this month, with tremendous backing, and barring a glut of injuries again to key players, then if LJ can't turn this round, and we find ourselves floundering by the end of feb, then imo, he'd have to go. I want him and this team to now rise and progress...but after all this January backing, even I could turn this round ;-)

LJ out !! :chant6ez:

Spud in !! :chant6ez:

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Can I just go on record and say, that after all these excellent signings this month, with tremendous backing, and barring a glut of injuries again to key players, then if LJ can't turn this round, and we find ourselves floundering by the end of feb, then imo, he'd have to go. I want him and this team to now rise and progress...but after all this January backing, even I could turn this round ;-)

I reckon a small panel of long-time fans picking the team from our squad would massively out-perform Johnson. After all - do you believe anyone, any single one, of us would have started LT on the right wing last night? I really don't understand how any coach with half a brain would do that. I hope we win Sat but that will no doubt mean LJ staying on. I have given up on him now but hopefully even he can't hamstring these players badly enough that we go down.

20 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Regardless of what the best formation may be to suit our players, my suspicion is that LJ will base ours on whatever he thinks Rotherham will play.

If they have 3 in the middle of the park I expect he will change to match it up. Don't like that approach myself but can see it being in his mind.

Rotherham have a big ole centre half (Roberts ?) so,I'd be tempted to play Duric alongside Tammy otherwise I can see Tammy getting a battering - so I'd go 4-4-2 diamond with LT at tip Hegler base , DC & JB right / left

COYR

25 minutes ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

Probably right. Does this a lot going by his previous team selections, with little joy. 

Whilst you've got to understand your opponent, switching up your tactics to match up is not the one for me. 

I'm having a radical thought here.  Why not set ourselves up to win the game and let the opposition change their tactics to counter us.

3 hours ago, spudski said:

So....we've got some exciting new signings in and a draw under our belt to stop the rot. The Relegation battle starts... Our aim has to be to finish mid table and instil confidence for next season.

So many options now. However I still worry about our fullbacks...Little needs help every game...and like yesterday our tracking back, covering at LB costs us goals nearly every game.

Thinking ahead to Rotherham....3 solid defenders, good cover and ability to cross from wide midfield. Decent cover CM and ability to pass.  Creativity in CM. Goals up front. On paper....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------Geifer-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------Wright-----------------------------------------------Flint-------------------------------------Magners-------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------Brownhill/GoN---------------------------------------Hegeler-------------------------------------------------------------

Cotterhill------------------------------------------------------------------Tomlin-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Bryan

---------------------------------------Tammy------------------------------------------------------------Duric/Taylor-----------------------------------------------

Very attacking...Could be 6-4!...

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Your 'conversation' got me thinking and I do wonder whether one of Lees major issues/problems may be that he over complicates and over analyses , constantly tinkering with our formation and personnel because of the opposition.

I'm convinced of it.

His outlook and actions have created numerous unnecessary extra problems for himself, and the team, and if he eventually goes he will have been very much the architect of his own downfall.

So....we've got some exciting new signings in and a draw under our belt to stop the rot. The Relegation battle starts... Our aim has to be to finish mid table and instil confidence for next season.

So many options now. However I still worry about our fullbacks...Little needs help every game...and like yesterday our tracking back, covering at LB costs us goals nearly every game.

Thinking ahead to Rotherham....3 solid defenders, good cover and ability to cross from wide midfield. Decent cover CM and ability to pass.  Creativity in CM. Goals up front. On paper....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------Geifer-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------Wright-----------------------------------------------Flint-------------------------------------Magners-------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------Brownhill/GoN---------------------------------------Hegeler-------------------------------------------------------------

Cotterhill------------------------------------------------------------------Tomlin-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Bryan

---------------------------------------Tammy------------------------------------------------------------Duric/Taylor-----------------------------------------------

I fully agree with this selection, it's what I suggested last night, I think Taylor and if fit enough GON have to start, playing Abraham as a lone striker is far too negative, especially against a team bottom of the league.

58 minutes ago, spudski said:

And once more I fully agree, but he has to stop playing players out of position, he sort of got away with it last night but it doesn't help his cause.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Cotterill wide right, Callum wide left and JB left back.

But also like the 3-5-2 in first post as it brings back Hordur.

I thought Djuric did ok as sub.

JB is not a defender much better in an wide attacking role and I felt Djuric showed good pace, determination and desire when he came on last nite.

9 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Continuity is the key. Same back 4.

O'Dowda or Bryan on the left debatable. 

For me Brownhill and Hegeler could create a good central midfield partnership.

Cotterill if fit and match ready should come in on the right. 

IMG_4319.PNG

To negative at home against the bottom of the league playing one upfront. 

I was thinking along the same lines myself, although I'd definitely start GON rather than Brownhill. I can see why Johnson likes Josh so much, he is like a taller version of himself in his playing days. Tackling? forget it!

Up front, I'd start Taylor. Djuric has played lots of minutes of football with no goal return. Let's see what our "rags to riches story" friend can do.

The only question mark is if Magnusson isn't available. Not sure I'd fancy seeing Joe or Little as part f a three-man defence.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

I was thinking along the same lines myself, although I'd definitely start GON rather than Brownhill. I can see why Johnson likes Josh so much, he is like a taller version of himself in his playing days. Tackling? forget it!

Up front, I'd start Taylor. Djuric has played lots of minutes of football with no goal return. Let's see what our "rags to riches story" friend can do.

The only question mark is if Magnusson isn't available. Not sure I'd fancy seeing Joe or Little as part f a three-man defence.

Vyner, he who dares wins Robber's.

Archived