IGNORED

Steve Phillips interview with BBC (Merged)

Robbored

12 hours ago, bs3 said:

Just a quick look on line for any reports of Phillips property being vandalised or being attack when he moved to  the gas, guest what nothing came up.  I wonder if any of this was reported to the Police at the time and if so , would there still be a crime reference number. My mate is a civilian staff at the Police HQ ,I'm going to ask him to do a little digging to see if any of this is true.

I did however find a thread on this forum from the 11th July 2006 about Phillips leaving us and joining them.  It is only three pages long, many poster wished him well , most just didn't care, there was none of the vitriol and bile we have seen from the cub up the road who always seem to attract a very unsavoury element.

So I'm just not sure where Philips is coming from, I don't remember it  being a big issue at the time , not a big deal on this forum and no reports in the media at the time of attacks against him , all very strange.

The thing is he was garbage anyway so it was good riddance as far as I'm concerned !!!

Think he was a decent enough keeper when he was here but really did not care one bit when he went to Rovers and neither did any of my mates who are city fans. Even my Stepdad (who's a rovers fan, a sensible one yes there are some) said this sound like he's talking crap as no one he knows (both city and rovers fans) really gave a crap either and on the subject of Matty Taylor he said he can see why he moved to us and don't really blame him..

Think Philips is talking Bollards now and stirring it all up more than it needs to be. Will be whipping the situation even more, not the greatest thing to do and a poor bit of sensationalist reporting....

Archived