IGNORED

Radio Bristol Now

bs3

7 minutes ago, Easton said:

Our fans did worse things to Phillips... Those in glass houses and all that!   

So can you give us a link to these worse things, other than Phillips interview that has already been brought into question for its truthfulness.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

there has been a lot of Chinese Whispers on this topic @Easton, do you know what happened for FACT or just hearsay?

The same way there's been a lot of Chinese whispers toward the rovers fans?

A few comments on social media and people on the radio and the original poster is emailing the BBC and talking about the police! get a grip!

1 minute ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I want to know what the big secret is about why so say not one other championship club was interested ? 

Maybe Taylor told Rovers he only wanted to go to one club and wouldn't entertain any conversation with lesser clubs :P

So to sum up DC's interview, he was desperate for Taylor to sign so agreed to a low trigger value, didn't have the confidence in him to think a higher value would be met, and now wants to move on, while giving a knowing or unknowing    Look toward the camera.

Not forgetting the 5 or 6 digs in his view of our current  position, thanks DC.

25 minutes ago, Easton said:

It hasn't been Chinese Whispers though has it? Have a look on Slagchat, Twitter and Facebook for starters. Plenty of angry little Sagheads doing exactly what I put in my post...hoping Taylor breaks his legs, putting his address online and making threats.

As you say 'people in glass houses'. They're very quick to paint themselves as holier than thou whilst claiming WE are a bunch of thugs. 

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Easton said:

A few comments on social media and people on the radio and the original poster is emailing the BBC and talking about the police! get a grip!

You said our supporters did worse? What did we do? 

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I listened to the interview or press whatever it was. He didn't really sound bitter think it was an honest assessment of football. Thought he sounded smug when he said there was only one championship club in for Taylor for a reason and he knows the reason but won't say. Don't get what that is all about but he'll have to say things to keep supporters in his side 

He seemed to make a point of mentioning there is no loyalty in football if the money gets offered, can see him going somewhere as well if an opportunity comes along as to be fair he's done well and Rovers are pumping £0 into the club

16 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

So can you give us a link to these worse things, other than Phillips interview that has already been brought into question for its truthfulness.

One comment that was a lie was when he said he hadn't drank in Bristol since.

Met him a few times many thought he  had a whiff of Walter mitty about him 

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

One comment that was a lie was when he said he hadn't drank in Bristol since.

Met him a few times many thought he  had a whiff of Walter mitty about him 

He was specific about not going out at night. 

• Admin
6 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Also, has anyone noticed how no one's talking about how shite we are anymore? Like a disappearing act.

This is a whole different can of worms, but it's amazing how a statement from Steve L and now this signing has stopped all the talk of wanting Lee sacked. It's like the shit run etc never happened 

24 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I want to know what the big secret is about why so say not one other championship club was interested ? 

In my opinion it's probably no great secret, DC is saying one of three things:

1) He is having a dig at Taylor by basically saying no other championship club thought he was good enough.

2) Taylor, for whatever reason, perhaps personal, had no interest in moving away from Bristol, so City were his first and only choice.

3) That City used underhand means to find out about his 300k release clause, something no other championship clubs knew about and if they did, they might have bid for him.

Any other ideas anyone?

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

As long as he moves south of the river he'll be fine as not many gas own cars. 

Its a fair old walk from the council estates of North and East Bristol. 

What a moronic comment....guess you living in Stow you might think that anyone who lives on a Council Estate is worthy of such a comment, so what do you drive a Range Rover just because you are so ******* insecure? For the record I don't live in a council house, whatever that is, I do have two cars, I live on the Cotswolds, but lived in Hartcliffe  as a kid, and I am not a thug, but jeez the likes of you....:grr:

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

3) That City used underhand means to find out about his 300k release clause, something no other championship clubs knew about and if they did, they might have bid for him.

I expect there are primitive life forms at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, as yet unknown to man, who knew about the 300k release clause.

9 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

In my opinion it's probably no great secret, DC is saying one of three things:

1) He is having a dig at Taylor by basically saying no other championship club thought he was good enough.

2) Taylor, for whatever reason, perhaps personal, had no interest in moving away from Bristol, so City were his first and only choice.

Any other ideas anyone?

Yes I assumed number 3 given the other thread on that subject.

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I expect there are primitive life forms at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, as yet unknown to man, who knew about the 300k release clause.

Exactly - I mean't to say that when I wrote it....but perhaps that's the official line to put the spotlight on us.

24 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

If we were the only Championship club in for him, I'm interpreting DC's comments as a dig at the Rovers board. I.e. once we were in, that was it, he was outta there.

Also, has anyone noticed how no one's talking about how shite we are anymore? Like a disappearing act.

Oh no wait, that's Engvall.

That couldn't have been a factor in the signing could it?

Got to be honest, that was a complete waste of an hour.

A couple of repeats of Dopeys interview, MT saying his bit, Phillips trying to build things up & a few sags who surprisingly enough sounded very deluded & actually believed what Dopey had to say.

And in fairness, the comments that have been thrown around that it's taken the focus off of LJ & the bad run, it's kind of done the same for the blue few, it's deflected their issues with a lack of a new stadium & investment in their world beating teams. Dopey says he wasn't willing to pay over the top for his two targets, the same Dopey who thought he'd get £10m for a player who everyone else knew had a release clause at considerably less than £10m. He couldn't pay over the odds because there was nothing available to spend & let's be honest, who is going to sale a decent striker for £300,000 or less? :yawn:

8 minutes ago, Easton said:

I'd argue what our fans did to Phillips is a bit worse than slagging off Taylor on social media and the radio!

every club has its idiots.

Four post now, just slagging of City fans.

You haven't answer my question, have you every been to Ashton Gate

46 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Simple.... Because Dopey said they would not sell him for less than £10.000.000.....League 1 and 2 clubs already knew he is a bitter ****t

14 minutes ago, Easton said:

I'd argue what our fans did to Phillips is a bit worse than slagging off Taylor on social media and the radio!

every club has its idiots.

OTIB and city fans are nothing like Gaschat , we enjoy the debate with the gas fans on here and we don't stop rovers fans posting on here like the North Korean style of the gaschat forum.

If you got a point to make , make it don't hide behind be a City fan while being a gashead , its a bit sad.

Archived