IGNORED

Radio Bristol Now

bs3

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Wonder what he meant when he said . Only one Championship team came in for him, there's reasons for that but i'll keep it to myself

That'll be because we've been watching him for a while, he was actively scouted by the club.

I had a few conversations with a 'source' who would absolutely know a while back and it was common knowledge we were attending matches specifically to watch him.

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Maybe Taylor told Rovers he only wanted to go to one club and wouldn't entertain any conversation with lesser clubs :P

Pretty much, he saw what we could offer - that suited his personal circumstances (which clearly counts for a lot for him)

In his head it was a done deal, the fact it's a deal involving us made it a drama for Rovers and they acted accordingly.

29 minutes ago, eric04 said:

And he did say Bristol City Centre.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38841618

Every club has an ill element. Pretending we don't is just folly. 

The reason he may not go out is maybe because he has a habit of getting pissed and starting on his Mrs, as was the case in Reflex many moons ago, happily the door staff showed him the error of his ways.

2 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

The reason he may not go out  maybe because he has a habit of getting pissed and starting on his Mrs as was the case in Reflex many moons ago, happily the door staff showed him the error of his ways.

When was this Chris before or after he joined the gas

1 hour ago, cynic said:

I think that is exactly what that tinpot club did once City triggered the release clause.

I think you are spot on. The reason no other Championship club bid for him was because no other club knew how low the release clause was, so talk of £10M bluffed them into thinking it was a market rate. 

Rovers sat tight hoping for the best and the window to close. City triggered the release clause at the last minute. The gas even called old allies / City enemies like Colin W and Hollowgas for help but it was too late for Matty to fit into their jigsaws. 

So now they are calling out rules on contract confidentiality to the FA but will need to be clear they did not disclose the same to Cardiff or QPR. 

I have no inside knowledge or contacts just seems obvious

2 minutes ago, fairweather said:

I think you are spot on. The reason no other Championship club bid for him was because no other club knew how low the release clause was, so talk of £10M bluffed them into thinking it was a market rate. 

Rovers sat tight hoping for the best and the window to close. City triggered the release clause at the last minute. The gas even called old allies / City enemies like Colin W and Hollowgas for help but it was too late for Matty to fit into their jigsaws. 

So now they are calling out rules on contract confidentiality to the FA but will need to be clear they did not disclose the same to Cardiff or QPR. 

I have no inside knowledge or contacts just seems obvious

Seems to fit. 

And Taylor wouldn't care a jot for the transfer fee either. In fact, the lower it was, the better for his signing on fee and wages. 

Serious question. 
Is there anything in the rules to say an agent can't disclose a clause in a contract , that he himself specifically put in ?
It's put in to benefit the player, if the move benefits the player , what is the agent going to do.....

1 hour ago, phantom said:

This is a whole different can of worms, but it's amazing how a statement from Steve L and now this signing has stopped all the talk of wanting Lee sacked. It's like the shit run etc never happened 

go have loads and loads of alcoholic drinks or take a shower and every thing will be ok

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Wonder what he meant when he said . Only one Championship team came in for him, there's reasons for that but i'll keep it to myself

seems to me like he's trying to fuel the total non story that we somehow were the only team to know his low release clause because of LJ's links with MT's agent, when it was in fact public knowledge that it was only 300k

edit: must read to end of thread before replying. as you were. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When you say 'our fans' - you mean fans of Rovers as you obviously support them?

Look at when I joined the forum over a month ago so not since Taylor has joined us, I've been reading it for ages and decided to join to debate but seems no point as you just get accused of being a rovers fan of you don't go with what everyone else is saying! 

12 hours ago, Ago said:

If it's the interview that I think it is, then you can watch the whole thing here. I watched it earlier today, and to be fair, thought it was quite the level headed honest repsonse you'd want your manager to give in this situation. Don't really think he sounded that bitter at all, just very pragmatic about the whole thing.  

Not sure how much of this they played on Radio Bristol, but there is an interesting bit where he gives a knowing David Brent look down the lens when talking about City being the "only championship club in for him" (5:25)

I completely agree. Listened back to the whole episode and to be honest I didn't see much wrong with it. It was very much sided on the gas but it's a show called gas chat. I think a couple of people might have over reacted on here. The only thing I thought that was a bit naughty was when the journalist interviewing Taylor asked him about a police presence outside his house to which Adam baker quickly shot him down. All in all completely overhyped on here.

14 hours ago, Ago said:

If it's the interview that I think it is, then you can watch the whole thing here. I watched it earlier today, and to be fair, thought it was quite the level headed honest repsonse you'd want your manager to give in this situation. Don't really think he sounded that bitter at all, just very pragmatic about the whole thing.  

Not sure how much of this they played on Radio Bristol, but there is an interesting bit where he gives a knowing David Brent look down the lens when talking about City being the "only championship club in for him" (5:25)

He is such a Bellend.

His stupid little face.

4 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

I completely agree. Listened back to the whole episode and to be honest I didn't see much wrong with it. It was very much sided on the gas but it's a show called gas chat. I think a couple of people might have over reacted on here. The only thing I thought that was a bit naughty was when the journalist interviewing Taylor asked him about a police presence outside his house to which Adam baker quickly shot him down. All in all completely overhyped on here.

No issue. Dopey has to defend his actions...and he did. I'd expect Little Lee to do the same. Really can't figure why some of their fans are whinging about £300k though. Gas agreed to it when Matty signed his new contract. City took advantage. End of story. Stop whinging Gas, he could have gone for nothing in the summer. 

Archived