IGNORED

Matt Taylor - very clear move from the board on LJ situation

tinman85

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

Clearly a political move. Has taken the attention right off LJ and our 0 league wins since 5th Dec. If we lose tomorrow signings or no signings no manager deserves to remain. 

Hope we win 4.0 with a Taylor hat trick and Cotterill screamer but just saying!

Screenshot_20170203-165652.thumb.jpg.cb693728a3d22295d380d9d57706bc09.jpg

6 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Clearly a political move. Has taken the attention right off LJ and our 0 league wins since 5th Dec. If we lose tomorrow signings or no signings no manager deserves to remain. 

Hope we win 4.0 with a Taylor hat trick and Cotterill screamer but just saying!

Clearly a consequence of signing MT is that it has created a lot of media interest and to an extent diverted attention from results on the pitch.

But there are also other good reasons for signing him (not least the low fee and screwing over the gassholes!) so I'm sure it wasn't solely about taking the heat off LJ. Ultimately, it was done for the good of the football club.

We will beat Rotherham tomorrow, by the way.

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Looking back it's interesting how the mind set first started to change after Steve Lansdown's statements, then with the mayhem around Taylor signing it's like the shocking run of form and the pressure on Lee Johnson has all been forgotten 

The question is: is it a bad thing the pressure has been diverted from LJ and his players?

I think a resounding 'no'.

6 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

great to relieve the pressure and lets hope we get a win in any way possible. It is a scrap from here on it and we will have to do it with what we have got in the squad - no emergencies anymore.

Why would we need emergencies the squad is huge compared to last years.

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

Looking back it's interesting how the mind set first started to change after Steve Lansdown's statements, then with the mayhem around Taylor signing it's like the shocking run of form and the pressure on Lee Johnson has all been forgotten 

No hiding from the fact we conceded poor goals as a team on Tuesday and a lucky deflection saved us another record defeat. Sorry but the run is still shocking and if we even draw with Rotherham he should be sacked. 

So we pay 300k for a player and pay him for 2 and a half years as a political move to divert attention from the manager?

No wonder were in the relegation zone if thats true.

21 minutes ago, Hello said:

Does it relieve the pressure though, or actually increase it?

Afrer this week a lot of eyes will be on Taylor. Imagine he misses a sitter or two and you lose? What about the pressure then?

Hahahahahaha  he cost £300k mate. There's barely any pressure on Taylor whatsoever.

He won't even get in the team for a while.

33 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

A £300,000 move for a L1 player was just another cheap option

WTF is a League 1 player? Players move up and down the leagues all the time and loads of them adapt to it. I'm more interested in the fact that he's already banged in x number of goals.. £300.000 these days is nothing. Oh, i just think I realised you were joking. My mistake

It definately temporarily lifted the gloom around the club. Feels like SL has played the fans perfectly. Nobody can argue with stitching F*** the Gas after all. I think in the end that Matt Taylor's playing ability is only part of the equation here. Low risk (in terms of fee) maximum publicity. FWIW I think he may do alright.

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

WTF is a League 1 player? Players move up and down the leagues all the time and loads of them adapt to it. I'm more interested in the fact that he's already banged in x number of goals.. £300.000 these days is nothing. Oh, i just think I realised you were joking. My mistake

Just look at O'Dowda who was league two last year

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

You could try imagining he scores some goals?

Why would i do that as a Gashead?

Even if i was one of you its a valid point in the context of the thread. With all the fuss, does it not put more eyes on you and thus increase pressure one way or the other, even of it isnt on LJ

Archived