IGNORED

Matt Taylor - very clear move from the board on LJ situation

tinman85

14 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Too save your own skin by putting someone else in the firing line is not a nice thing to do

So Lee Johnson should have put on his boots again using your logic?

And yes we've done so well out of  Engvall at this moment in time for a pot  load of money in comparison haven't we. 

I havent commented on the taylor signing yet, my view is that we have signed a potential championship goalscorer, for a sensible fee. Taking all the rovers connections out of this, the club have publicised it like christ is risen, compared to the multi million pound internationals we are signing. My feeling is no matter who we sign, lj cant figure out a way of playing to actually help us win a game, and thats after spending the best part of 15 million quid. Hes lucky that sl is patient, and hes lucky he was chosen in the first place.

Its aĺl very well signing rovers best player, but i dont really see it making the difference between us surviving or not.

11 hours ago, dave36 said:

Given our habit of conceding goals to recently departed players you would not want to bet on that, they have a forward who we never got to see properly, who LJ dumped and our 2nd choice (my first choice) GK also dumped by LJ playing against us - so expect recent history and bad luck to bite us in the arse!

Who is the 'recently departed' forward that ' LJ has dumped' and who went from us to Rotherham then?! I really can't think of a striker we've sold to the Millers recently, apologies if I've forgotten someone obvious...surely you're not thinking of Odemwingie who has apparently joined them after being a free agent?!

Or are you getting Ekstrand and Engvall mixed up?!

2 minutes ago, simon uk said:

I havent commented on the taylor signing yet, my view is that we have signed a potential championship goalscorer, for a sensible fee. Taking all the rovers connections out of this, the club have publicised it like christ is risen, compared to the multi million pound internationals we are signing. My feeling is no matter who we sign, lj cant figure out a way of playing to actually help us win a game, and thats after spending the best part of 15 million quid. Hes lucky that sl is patient, and hes lucky he was chosen in the first place.

Its aĺl very well signing rovers best player, but i dont really see it making the difference between us surviving or not.

Very much how I feel, the MT deal was a no brainer, but with the cavaet that it was bound to be trouble, and let's be fair, if the shoe was on the other foot...Our actions of late as far as recruitment has been a scatter gun approach, if we sign enough we might just survive. This only demonstrates the Lee is still work in progress, and yet has to know his best system or starting 11. He seems not to have a plan as to how we should play, he chops and changes, that is down to a lack of belief, and possibly pressure he feels, after all he is still very young. all very understandable, I like Lee, I like the fact he loves this club, but he does need a older head at his side I believe, and not be too proud to seek advice, like some players he will get better. If this was anything else other than football, these things would be addressed by the Board, but alas it is what it is. 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Who is the 'recently departed' forward that ' LJ has dumped' and who went from us to Rotherham then?! I really can't think of a striker we've sold to the Millers recently, apologies if I've forgotten someone obvious...

I think its Odemwingie he"s is on about :blink:

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I edited my post when I realised PO is at the Millers now - wouldn't exactly call him 'recently departed' or 'dumped by LJ' though? He came in on loan, did a job and left to go back to his parent club before being released as a free agent

Exactly.  In fact he was so sought after he has ended up at umm...Rotherham :dunno:

16 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Clearly a political move. Has taken the attention right off LJ and our 0 league wins since 5th Dec. If we lose tomorrow signings or no signings no manager deserves to remain. 

Hope we win 4.0 with a Taylor hat trick and Cotterill screamer but just saying!

Can't say I agree . It has certainly helped. I think both will hit the ground running . Looking forward to today's match 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Who is the 'recently departed' forward that ' LJ has dumped' and who went from us to Rotherham then?! I really can't think of a striker we've sold to the Millers recently, apologies if I've forgotten someone obvious...surely you're not thinking of Odemwingie who has apparently joined them after being a free agent?!

Or are you getting Ekstrand and Engvall mixed up?!

If it's Odemwingie... then he's no longer at Rotherham.

They announced his contract wasn't being renewed beyond the end of January. http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rotherham-united-peter-odemwingie-3519484.aspx

Archived