IGNORED

Matt Taylor - very clear move from the board on LJ situation

tinman85

1 minute ago, Hello said:

Why would i do that as a Gashead?

Even if i was one of you its a valid point in the context of the thread. With all the fuss, does it not put more eyes on you and thus increase pressure one way or the other, even of it isnt on LJ

My mistake. Stupid me, assuming you were a City fan on the City forum. 

52 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Sorry did we kidnap Taylor at gunpoint or did he jump at the chance to join? 

I had mistaken the dazed look on his face when seeing the stadium as him being in awe of it.

Clearly he just was dizzy from the sun after finally having the bag pulled off his head from the kidnapping.

Every positive move the club makes is even made into a negative. The good PR is too over the top or we're trying to cover up the pressure on LJ!! Stop being so negative.

Yes, we are on a terrible run of form, we know. That's another reason why the move gave us something to cheer about. SL has backed Lee and we got a good point against Wednesday the other night. Let's back the team tomorrow. Here's hoping for a Matty Taylor winner.

7 minutes ago, Hello said:

Even if i was one of you its a valid point in the context of the thread. With all the fuss, does it not put more eyes on you and thus increase pressure one way or the other, even of it isnt on LJ

No it makes absolutely no difference,he won't start tomorrow and the pressure on Johnson is at the maximum anyway. Perhaps we should take dopey dar off you as well for nothing,his resignation would be instant if we came sniffing 

I'm not sure that giving Johnson an even larger squad of players to choose from is necessarily a good idea. He seemed to have had difficulty picking from a smaller squad. It will of course give him more scope for tinkering.

6 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I would like to apology to the Rovers fans for what I believe to a provocative signing and also for the #welcometobristol nonsence.

Hopefully both clubs now can move on in good faith.

Who gave you permission to apologise to them on our behalf? They don't deserve anything of the sort, constantly portraying themselves as some sort of victims. Start apologising for things like this and who knows where is might end?

14 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I would like to apology to the Rovers fans for what I believe to a provocative signing and also for the #welcometobristol nonsence.

They're complaining to the league, allude to him being a player 'with problems' and didn't conduct themselves appropriately re the transfer allegedly, and you want to apologise for the club? 

We're  nasty for paying a player thousands of pounds a week because we are using him (him not us then...?). 

Might be time to log off and sleep it off Tommy. 

47 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

You are becoming ,more and more eccentric. If you want to apologise f uck off over to Gaschat and do it there.

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

No hiding from the fact we conceded poor goals as a team on Tuesday and a lucky deflection saved us another record defeat. Sorry but the run is still shocking and if we even draw with Rotherham he should be sacked. 

Should be but wont be, you are forgetting the old "time to bed in/know each other" line; there can be no doubt LJ has made many signings, (has he a clue though of his actual 1st team) only a few so far have proved their worth.

Rotherham will be fighting for their lives we had better be ready.

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We will beat Rotherham tomorrow, by the way.

Given our habit of conceding goals to recently departed players you would not want to bet on that, they have a forward who we never got to see properly, who LJ dumped and our 2nd choice (my first choice) GK also dumped by LJ playing against us - so expect recent history and bad luck to bite us in the arse!

3 hours ago, Hello said:

Not having new faces increases the pressure. Having some new and promising options creates a different kind of pressure, but MT won't get any pressure from the fans. 

10 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Given our habit of conceding goals to recently departed players you would not want to bet on that, they have a forward who we never got to see properly, who LJ dumped and our 2nd choice (my first choice) GK also dumped by LJ playing against us - so expect recent history and bad luck to bite us in the arse!

Well, I might bet on it FYI and I have a very good record at gambling on football as it happens! 

4 hours ago, Spoons said:

You are clueless. £300,000 for a player who has scored 72 goals in 132 appearances is a no brainer !! 

I've never seen any footage of Matty Taylor so I don't even know if he is a grafter, a goal hanger, slow or quick.

Yet I'm aware that the scored goals in the Conference. Then he scored goals the next season in League Two. He was available for a free last summer and perhaps we could have gambled then on a League Two striker. Or perhaps we decided to wait?

Then he scored goals in League One so we've gambled? There must be a reasonable probability that he will score goals in the Championship? If so we've done some good business. If not what is £300,000?

9 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I've never seen any footage of Matty Taylor so I don't even know if he is a grafter, a goal hanger, slow or quick.

Yet I'm aware that the scored goals in the Conference. Then he scored goals the next season in League Two. He was available for a free last summer and perhaps we could have gambled then on a League Two striker. Or perhaps we decided to wait?

Then he scored goals in League One so we've gambled? There must be a reasonable probability that he will score goals in the Championship? If so we've done some good business. If not what is £300,000?

enough for me to retire .

6 hours ago, Hello said:

Does it relieve the pressure though, or actually increase it?

Afrer this week a lot of eyes will be on Taylor. Imagine he misses a sitter or two and you lose? What about the pressure then?

Imagine if he scores and we win, there are two ways it could go

13 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

So we pay 300k for a player and pay him for 2 and a half years as a political move to divert attention from the manager?

No wonder were in the relegation zone if thats true.

Well the project is long term I guess but that really is planing :cool:

Archived