IGNORED

3 points but that was utter shit

Vincent Vega

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

Since when has winning been utter shite?

I'll tell you what is utter shite, losing so many games in a row.

Winning is delightful. Maybe you need to learn how to enjoy a win?

It's difficult to "enjoy" a win when you have just sat through 90 minutes of pure and utter dross. Hopefully we will take some confidence from getting a win and improve but if I had to sit through that every week I would find something else to do on a Saturday unfortunately. The only positive in a game totally devoid of Championship quality was that all three subs injected a bit of urgency into the game......and that was enough to get the points against an awful Rotherham side who have already accepted relegation.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, on the basis of that abysmal display I can't believe for a minute LJ will still be in charge for our next home game.

I agreed with his starting line up and his substitutions, he couldn't do much more. It was some of the players who were poor. Little was terrible, Tomlin went back into his shell and tammy missed 2 very presentable chances. 

Rotherham were better than expected. Second half much improved after good substitutions. And crucially we won. That was what LJ had to do and he did it. He now needs to get 2 fullbacks on loan. 

2 hours ago, NorfolkInChance said:

That was dog shit and anybody who thinks we've turned a corner is deluded

Well we improved a lot with the substitutions. What does that say about the 2 most loved players at the gate. Tomlin and tammy. When they went off we came alive. That is a fact. But no we can't blame them so blame Johnson who made the substitutions that won the match to boos and a chant from some of you don't know what your doing! Well I beg to differ. He was doing exactly what I would have done

16 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

I agreed with his starting line up and his substitutions, he couldn't do much more. It was some of the players who were poor. Little was terrible, Tomlin went back into his shell and tammy missed 2 very presentable chances. 

Rotherham were better than expected. Second half much improved after good substitutions. And crucially we won. That was what LJ had to do and he did it. He now needs to get 2 fullbacks on loan. 

there is no loan window.

Just got home.

On the way down, I was very much in a 'only the result counts' mood. Did not care how lucky, how badly we played, the result was everything.

After the final whistle sounded, I was surprised I did not feel like that. No real sense of relief. Could almost sense the crowd were in the same place. Why? Because for the first hour we were simply too horrible for words. No one seemed to be giving any movement, buggered if I could see the game plan. Just no sense of...anything.

Just have to hope with the monkey off their back the players and team can do much better over the next few weeks. We may have some decent players, but as a team right now we are awful. See some compare this to a first division game. Would have been poor even at that level.

Never felt quite as down after an important win, because I knew I was watching a team that if the continue to play like that will finish second bottom. 

Fingers crossed, a lot of nerves now disappear in the next few games. Was like watching somebody you love celebrate because they got a snog off a drunk.

Just back home after a long journey home, that was by far the worse game I have seen for many years (even Bianca said it on Sky sports thanks to my text I got), the subs did make the difference and was good to see Duric score but they got so nervous at the end taking a free kick into the box and only two players up, yes keep a few back but not that not many.

36 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Well we improved a lot with the substitutions. What does that say about the 2 most loved players at the gate. Tomlin and tammy. When they went off we came alive. That is a fact. But no we can't blame them so blame Johnson who made the substitutions that won the match to boos and a chant from some of you don't know what your doing! Well I beg to differ. He was doing exactly what I would have done

Yes, the game changed after the substitutions but is that down to the change in formation or the players who came on?

Tomlin didnt turn up today - I think we can all agree with that - but to be effective he needs to have options and movement ahead of him. Playing Tammy up top on its own doesn't provide him with enough freedom to do what he does best. 

After the subs we had Paterson runnning at Rotherham and their defence was being pulled all over the place by Taylor (some really good movement at times) and Djuric (he was closing and putting them under a lot of pressure). Personally, I'd have liked to have seen this from the start (2 up top not necessarily Taylor and Djuric)...it may not have been such a poor spectacle then.

2 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

When we lose people on here saying why can't we hang on to a lead and grind out an ugly result. So the team does that and it's all ohh that was crap! 

I'm very happy with the 3 points but...that really was an abysmal performance. In the past 35 years I've seen some corkers, it's right up there with the finest ugly wins...few uglier.

5 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

When we lose people on here saying why can't we hang on to a lead and grind out an ugly result. So the team does that and it's all ohh that was crap! 

Yup! Happy to win ugly, its a win after all.

Amazing how some think Rotherham were going just to capitulate from the beginning. Last time I looked, they were a Championship club battling to stay up... never was going to be an easy game today. Johnson has his faults but his subs were spot on today, LT was woeful, Tammy tried but was ineffective... both had to be subbed. Johnson changed it and we scored

What's interesting is the next 4 games, I think we may get a couple of results but we shall see.

Archived