IGNORED

it was good enough for Sheff Wed 1-0

We live in hope

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Instead of having a go at me I'd suggest that you might like to think about what words you are using and read posts properly

An AVATAR is the photo that can be used alongside your name i.e. photo of  Matty Taylor

Your MONIKER is the NAME i.e. appyDAZE

i'm having a go at you because you constantly critisise BCFC the club  mate

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Still no answers from you then .....

Lots of q's 

no answers 

maybe 46 yrs of following threw out your attack

Been watching since '69, mate yeah i'm THAT old  Hey Bob, nice sparring with you take care  we are city fans  all the best mate

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

you're the one calling for change. WHO do you want?  A FAIR QUESTION

You are the one deciding to have a 'go at me'

other than not properly reading posts , getting in a muddle over Avatars and Monikers and unable to list a single positive other than 3 points today you don't seem to be doing overly well with your 'having a go'

Shall I help YOU

Positives

DC will add something we lack

MT looked bright and lively 

See there's two ....,

Will they and a couple of others be enough to keep us up ?

With LJ in charge - doubtful

Without LJ - a fair chance

Keep working on the 'having a go'. :thumbsup:

Think 'debate' is a step too far at the moment

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

You are the one deciding to have a 'go at me'

other than not properly reading posts , getting in a muddle over Avatars and Monikers and unable to list a single positive other than 3 points today you don't seem to be doing overly well with your 'having a go'

Shall I help YOU

Positives

DC will add something we lack

MT looked bright and lively 

See there's two ....,

Will they and a couple of others be enough to keep us up ?

With LJ in charge - doubtful

Without LJ - a fair chance

Keep working on the 'having a go'. :thumbsup:

Think 'debate' is a step too far at the moment

take it steady, we're on the same side in the long run  big respect for you whatever we say on here. have a good week

1 hour ago, We live in hope said:

Sheff Wed are playing good football and we held them to a 2-2 draw they played Rotherham and beat them 1-0 as we did so I am more than happy with the result. Lets be honest it was a massive game for LJ and he knew it and I am sure if we had got beat at the very least SL would of been very worried. I am concerned by his constant tinkering but right now we got a very  important win... Enjoy!

The thing is though, it's not good enough for SWFC fans. Rightly or wrongly the majority of their fans want Carlos out as the football they're playing is "turgid" and they believe they should be doing better with the squad they have (which has an element of truth to it).

1 hour ago, We live in hope said:

Sheff Wed are playing good football and we held them to a 2-2 draw they played Rotherham and beat them 1-0 as we did so I am more than happy with the result. Lets be honest it was a massive game for LJ and he knew it and I am sure if we had got beat at the very least SL would of been very worried. I am concerned by his constant tinkering but right now we got a very  important win... Enjoy!

Yes1-0 is fine and after the run we been on confidence is obviously very low( so booing during the game doesn't ******* help ) but we can't deny the First half was was shit, and not even a solid shit it was a runny vindaloo + 10 pints of thatchers shit. 

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

Four games we should win out of our remaining fixtures,:

Brentford

Wigan

QPR

Norwich City

All these teams are an utter shambles as they all previously lost this season to Rotherham United the worst team in Championship history, the team who turn up expecting to be tonked each game. Just ask those four clubs if that is the case.

QPR inconsistent & very unlucky to lose to Balckburn as goal not given.

Brentford without Hogan less of a threat but still probably better than us.

Wigan home form patchy at best.

Norwich have won 3 out of last 4. By next month may be really back on top form. Definitely not taking anything for granted against them.

Few if any points in next 4 away games and fail to beat Burton at home, then relegation is pretty much guaranteed if we keep LJ as Head Coach, and still highly likely if we get a replacement at that point, as we will need something like 1.5 points per game from the last 12 games, which is an extremely tall order.

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Guys your not going to agree, if you want to keep arguing take it to PM's so the rest of us don;t have to endure it... thanks

Let 'em fight.

We can all crowd around them like we used to do back in the playground.

(and occasionally kick the ugly one)

9 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Bob, you and me support the same team and i have huge respect for you for that alone (and you've been a member on OTIB for a lot longer than me but i doubt watching City for longer). but you seem to me to be one negative sod in your posts.

Unbelievably netagive. Should go and support A top prem side. Hopefully give him nothing to complain about.

11 minutes ago, GJS said:

Unbelievably netagive. Should go and support A top prem side. Hopefully give him nothing to complain about.

Not trying to defend @BobBobSuperBob, but his position has been brought about by poor results, poor decisions etc etc.  He makes a lot of good points.  Like a number of us, we still want Bristol City to win, but we expect much more than we are being served up at the mo'.  We can see the deficiencies of the head coach...it took me a while to notice.  I still want him to succeed, and if he does then it will be because he is a quick learner.  I'm not convinced he is because just over a year ago he had the same run with Barnsley.  Of course your counter-argument will be that they then went on a run of wins.  Mine back will be that that was in League One with a set of players who should've been top 6.  That us not where City are.

32 minutes ago, GJS said:

Thanks for the suggestion but I've been a die hard for 46 yrs and followed them to Hartlepool , Carlisle and York in the dark dark days

Put my savings into help the Club

Followed them through thick and thin

Do I have a right to an opinion ?

Never been a happy clapper and not going to be now

You ?

(Or were you too busy writing that UEFA coaching manual ? )

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks for the suggestion but I've been a die hard for 46 yrs and followed them to Hartlepool , Carlisle and York in the dark dark days

Put my savings into help the Club

Followed them through thick and thin

Do I have a right to an opinion ?

Never been a happy clapper and not going to be now

You ?

(Or were you too busy writing that UEFA coaching manual ? )

You do have a right. Of course.

But surely after 46 years you should have a better understanding of football. It's a very simple game. Confidence is massive and this is what we need to turn this bad run of football around. This week has been a great start. Hopefully now we can pick up some points in a terrible run of fixtures.

oh and I haven't supported City as long as you but I haven't even been alive that long. I have been a supporter for 20 years. Been to home and away games for this long.

This isnt the point though.

Do you think negatively helps the cause. Do you thinking booing does?

38 minutes ago, GJS said:

Unbelievably negative?

Including yesterday's effort, (a scrappy win over a team with one point away all season, so basically the easiest game you will have) our record in the last 15 league games reads W 2 D2 L11.

So well done for those super optimists trying to find positives in a side "managed" by someone completely out of his depth but those actually watching can see absolutely no signs we will stay up if he remains in charge until May.

Based on the law of averages (and being optimistic!) I can see us nicking one point somewhere from our next four games, we will be in the bottom three then, maybe the bottom two.

Come back and see if that is "unbelievably negative" at the end of the month..

10 minutes ago, GJS said:

You do have a right. Of course.

But surely after 46 years you should have a better understanding of football. It's a very simple game. Confidence is massive and this is what we need to turn this bad run of football around. This week has been a great start. Hopefully now we can pick up some points in a terrible run of fixtures.

oh and I haven't supported City as long as you but I haven't even been alive that long. I have been a supporter for 20 years. Been to home and away games for this long.

This isnt the point though.

Do you think negatively helps the cause. Do you thinking booing does?

I think I do understand football and have a background which I would hope supports this

Yes - It is to a large degree a simple game (Currently being completely over complicated by IMO a coach out of his depth)

I don't think booing at AG 'helps' but is fully understandable considering the pitiful results and performances in the last few months

Negativity or positivity on here is irrelevant IMO to what happens elsewhere - this is a FORUM for people to DEBATE their OPINIONS 

I like to look a bit deeper than the right here right now and watched every sign positive or negative as things have 'developed'

My rapidly accelerating belief based on 46 yrs of City , and studying the game , is that 

LJ is floundering and out of his depth , certainly at this point in his career

The Squad is now bloated with acquisitions but there are no real substantial signs of any plan or improvement

The players do not believe in LJ and that fact alone may well / is likely to see us relegated

Our only hope IMO is that we have enough individual quality amongst the squad to nick us enough points to prevent what would IMO be a pitiful , embarrassing , inexcusable relegation

I liked LJ as a player , have massive respect for his father ,and like any City Coach / Manager wanted him to succeed as it meant our Club was doing ok

Do I believe in him , have faith in him

Not a jot I'm afraid

Archived