IGNORED

We're not alone

22A

OK, having trawled through so many posts on this forum, I looked elsewhere. Our feelings aren't exclusive. These are from the QPR Forum.

I do think we are playing a lot better under IH but we really have to stop losing to teams around us . Results almost all went against us yesterday and with Huddersfield next week which wont be easy i see Wigan as being a must not lose game. With our run in we are definitely not out of the woods . I just dont understand why we always seem to come of worse in these 6 point encounters. It has to change or i fear the worst.

Giving points to those below us and around us has to stop - otherwise we are bang in trouble. Really disappointing after Newcastle. Sounds like we still carry little goal threat unfortunately and always concede. Been the story of our season really.

In many games we have lacked cutting edge and we tend to look worse against sides at the bottom of the table than those at the top.

I feel very low after today's game, I get the feeling that even if we beat Huddersfield, we'll lose to Wigan.

We are certainly not alone. The Saturday edition of the i newspaper has a regular feature where fans of Premiership and Championship teams are quoted (presumably from forums) and much of the comments bemoan tactics, managers, substitutions, below-par players etc. That doesn't take away the fact that City have played utterly crap for quite a while, but it seems that football fans are rarely happy with their teams.

31 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Listening to 606 there are some Leicester fans that want their Manager gone...... the current English Champions, does that give him a bit more leeway or would you be clinical and send him packing?

Depends on whether he has lost the dressing room, but he has done amazi g things with a very average squad that the entire footalling world probably thought impossible, particularly Gary Linaker.

The solace of late wins for Burton and Blackburn was that our win brought the teams above us closer.  Only 6 points to Brentford in 13th.  Nit saying that means we can climb the table, just that there will be a fear from several of thise teans worried about being sucked in the 'our' small group.  Brentford are obviously 9 points clear of drop, but teams down there will be playing each other and there will be some winners and losers over the next month.  If we are still 3 points above the drop zone by the end if the month, we will be better If than I expect.

I would expect the only happy fans in England are Chelsea fans, every other clubs fans in England will have something to moan about, Man Utd - league position & some results not being good enough, same for Liverpool & Man City, even West Brom's fans aren't happy despite being 8th they are still moaning about the quality of their football!! As mentioned Leicester fans are unhappy despite an unbelievable season last year & obviously expectations have risen especially after spending a huge amount of money to try & repeat their success.

In Scotland on Celtic will be happy & that probably doesn't go for all of them despite being on a record breaking run, they have still been poor in European competition......

In Wales the likely hood is that on TNS' fans will be happy & that'll largely be down to their record run.

But in Spain, none of their fans will be happy, they will all be expecting to be doing better & the BIG 3 will all think they should be performing better as there's no pleasing some fans, especially Real Madrid fans!!

In Germany, Bayern fans would expect to be further ahead of Leipzig & won't be happy at dropping points in 5 games this season.

In Italy Juve have lost games that they shouldn't of & that will undoubtedly mean that it's not good enough for them & the mighty PSG only find themselves 2nd behind Monaco in France despite throwing millions at their squad & winning it at a canter in previous years!!

The trouble is, every clubs fans expect their club to win every week & to be top of their division but sometimes even being top of your division isn't good enough, Newcastle fans would of expected to walk this division having thrown more money at their team than they have done previously while in The Premier League & the same goes for Villa, £40m or so on 3 players plus probably another £20m or so on the rest of their squad yet they are only 6 places & 5 points ahead of us with the same goal difference!!

The Championship is the hardest division it's ever been & at the start of the season there were at least 5 clubs who thought they would win the league & another 5 or 6 teams that expected to make at least the playoffs & then there was probably only 2 or 3 teams that thought they may struggle to avoid relegation & then there's the rest of us who have spent money in the hope of making the top half to the playoffs but there's only so many places available in each division & only a small percentage can have success!!

While we have spent a lot in comparison to our previous years outlay, our record transfer still stands at only £3m on one player!! Half of this division are spending this amount on subs, we are a long way off of being in a position to compete for promotion from this division especially when you consider at least half the division is probably still getting parachute payments to compensate for their previous failures!! We don't have that & we only have 2 years of the riches that this division brings & one of those seasons were with reduced income due to the reduced stadium capacity!!

Not alone at all. I was watching MOTD and Crystal Palace at home to Sunderland. Similar scenario to our game on Saturday. Could you imagine AG of we were down 4 at HT? I get we didn't play well but at least we got the points. Also thinking to myself that Sunderland could win by 4 that we could snatch 6 points from these next 4 away games. I mean why else do they play the games? I'll keep Tuesday's performance in mind when I think about these next games. We played without pressure and created chances and scored twice. Saturday I think was more of an exception with Rotherhams style, the hostility in the stands and the pressure from themselves to get the 3 points knowing the tough away month they have. 

My feeling on this (which is largely based on baseless speculation and unadulterated hope) is that we've had our run of bad form. We can't get worse and we have a free hit against the big boys over the next few weeks. There are teams above us coming into poor form and there's at least one team below who are done for. So I figure things have to get better before the end of the season. Don't they? 

2 hours ago, chipdawg said:

My feeling on this (which is largely based on baseless speculation and unadulterated hope) is that we've had our run of bad form. We can't get worse and we have a free hit against the big boys over the next few weeks. There are teams above us coming into poor form and there's at least one team below who are done for. So I figure things have to get better before the end of the season. Don't they? 

I'm with you. Saturday was high stakes and every one of those lads piled the pressure on themselves to get a win in a 6 pointer before 4 away games against top opposition. I firmly believe they'll play with no stress on themselves and they'll be free and compete. Plus think of how excited we as fans are to go to places like Villa and Newcastle. The players will have the same buzz. I'm hopeful of 6 points but I don't expect it. 3 or 4 would do me I think, as long as we perform half decently. 

Archived